Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

C&D 2015 Mustang Leak

Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

The problem with that rendering is that they put all their efforts into the front design and left the current styled rear on the car with just different taillights.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Also I think by these magazines claiming to have "actaul leaked photos" of the car it ruins their credibility for when they do actually have a story/photos.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
The problem with that rendering is that they put all their efforts into the front design and left the current styled rear on the car with just different taillights.
I see a big difference. The side roof pillar that slopes down to the deck lid is rolled in quite a bit more than the current model making the whole rear more bullet shaped.

I showed these pics to the missus, her comment was "it doesn't look any different than your car"

Well...both are red.....
Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Don't like it
Old 10-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

I like the performance specs

Nick C.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
I showed these pics to the missus, her comment was "it doesn't look any different than your car"
Exactly.... Thats the problem with all these Renderings, there are too many similarities with the current car. All these "artist" need to think fox to sn95 or new edge to s197 different. and they are only thinking sn95 to new edge or 09 to 10 different, as Ford did announce that it will look NOTHING like the current car.

And yes, even though these drawings have a different grill, or different quarter windows the overall look and shape of the car is the same as the current one.

Kindof like when they changed the nose and taillights for 2013, it looks alot different from the 2012 but it still retains the same overall look and shape
Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Mr Brooksy

From an international point of view, this design will do much better than the current car could of, if sold here in Australia. Don't get me wrong the current Mustang looks great, but it's quite dated now with old drive train tech.

With Ford Aus announcing that Falcon will be axed in October '16 to make way for the 'one Ford' 'a to b' car line up many of us here were/are thinking that we would move on to another marque. Your current stang while awesome in its own right just isn't up to spec with our current Falcon. Now though if this is the final product, Australian Ford Forums are a buzz with excitement again instead of depression.

It now has very big shoes to fill over here. It better be as awesome as it looks or for us there will be no hero car in the Ford line up. And we will walk...

As much as it pains many of you die hard stang lovers, the Ford Mustang is no longer an American car. It must compete globally or it will not sell.

Last edited by Mr Brooksy; 11-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
...As much as it pains many of you die hard stang lovers, the Ford Mustang is no longer an American car. It must compete globally or it will not sell.
I see it a bit differently, (I won't argue that it isn't time for a re-style), Mustangs have sold well worldwide... except that they weren't really sold worldwide, probably due to regulations and safety differences, such as front side markers and yellow in the tail for turn signals, as well as not being built for right hand drive for the people who don't drive on the right side of the road... so a "world car" is a good thing, but that doesn't mean it has to look european or japanese, just that it meets import and sale regulations. People who have traditionally bought the Mustang are people who want something that looks different than every other car out there... and now with the evos inspired front on every model that ford makes except the F150, it does kind of look like everything else out there.

So, is Ford Aus, going to give the world a Ute? That would be nice.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool

So, is Ford Aus, going to give the world a Ute? That would be nice.

As a person who's been to Australia, and been in a Ute. I can honestly say, they look uglier in person haha!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Woodside782

The new motors on paper sound bad ***

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C&D 2015 Mustang Leak