Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default 2015 Mustang

I have had a 1968 Mustang, 2006, 2011 and 2013.
So when I get a 2015, as soon as I can I might add, just do me one favor.
Don't insult my car to my face please. I think they are beautiful.
And no matter what year you or anyone may choose to own and drive, I would not put it down. To each their own.

Thank You.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default !

Originally Posted by mustangergt
I have had a 1968 Mustang, 2006, 2011 and 2013.
So when I get a 2015, as soon as I can I might add, just do me one favor.
Don't insult my car to my face please. I think they are beautiful.
And no matter what year you or anyone may choose to own and drive, I would not put it down. To each their own.

Thank You.
Well of course! No one with any class would demean one of your cars in your presence.......... BUT.... that certainly doesn't give you the right to take away someone else's right to express their opinion about a mass produced product on a forum about those cars! Come on! I respect everyone's right to their own opinion, so do the same with my personal opinion! Your car is not who you are..... I hope! Taking an opinion of a car personally will lead you to nothing but anger and upset! That's why they make so many flavors of Ice Cream! Thankfully we live in a country where we can have SOME of our own opinions..... at least in affairs not having to do with government! In that situation we have to obey the transnational corporations as they are now people that can buy our government, but we still are allowed to like different cars....... at least for now!

I might be coming from California to visit my wife's relatives in Kansas, but I'll try not to insult your cars while I'm there! LOL!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-11-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Future Fear!

My point is that car makers often destroy the styling of iconic cars for whatever reason! I'm not talking about changing styling, but taking a great car's styling and making like every other car on the road losing what made it great to start with. The 1965 Mustang has evolved generally in a way to make it stand out as a "Mustang"! I'm afraid that maybe ending with the direction the 2015 Mustang is taking! I hope very much I am wrong, but it has been done before as with the Thunderbird which was not a financial success because it was not a performance car!

Think of a 1957 Thunderbird with a modern supercharged 5.0L Coyote Engine and 2015 technical upgrades! I'd buy one tomorrow!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-11-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:21 PM
DillonInCO
1st Gear Member

Again, I respect your opinion, but I'm going to nitpick since I'm kind of bored at work

Originally Posted by Mr. D
My point is that car makers often destroy the styling of iconic cars for whatever reason! I'm not talking about changing styling, but taking a great car's styling and making like every other car on the road losing what made it great to start with.
I don't know what part of the new Mustang makes you think it looks like every other car on the road. Sure, it looks somewhat like other Ford cars. But it's still a stand-out design! The first time I saw it, I thought, woah! That's a radical change, but it's a good looking car.

The 1965 Mustang has evolved generally in a way to make it stand out as a "Mustang"!
How do you figure the S550 is any different? I mean, what parts of a fox body or SN95 looks like a 1965 Mustang? Not many. The S197 was the exception.

I'm afraid that maybe ending with the direction the 2015 Mustang is taking! I hope very much I am wrong, but it has been done before as with the Thunderbird which was not a financial success because it was not a performance car!
As has already been pointed out, the Thunderbird never was intended to be a performance car. It was intended to be a "personal luxury vehicle" (Ford's own terminology).

I don't get it That's like saying that the last Thunderbird was simply a 2-door Taurus?

Last edited by DillonInCO; 04-11-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:02 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I'm just curious but how old are you old guys that keep complaining about the new Mustang?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:29 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

The new car shares a lot of similarities with other cars out on the road. I think most people that don't like the pictures will at least start warming up to the car the more they see it on the roads.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Mr. D;8374791][B]Well of course! No one with any class would demean one of your cars in your presence.......... BUT.... that certainly doesn't give you the right to take away someone else's right to express their opinion about a mass produced product on a forum about those cars!

yep,,,everyone has an opinion LOL

I'm not saying everyone has to like the 2015 Mustang or dislike.
We could go back and forth this but that is stupid.

I saw it in person at a car show. I looked at it a long time, looked at every other new car there and then back to the 2015 Mustang. I actually like all Mustangs for the unique features each year has. But I will say this.
As to what year is the best,,,well that is a matter of personal likes,,,but the new one,,,have to say: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:50 PM
JimC

Okay threads merged, but how many threads do people plan to start with the same tired cliche "oh it looks like a Fusion"? Just because one auto writer said the grille is similar to a Fusion that is all people look at. There is more Mustang heritage in that grille than Fusion, and more Mustang heritage in the 2015 than you see if all you do is look at the one element you don't like.
'
Get over it and get out and see one in person.

I should have just deleted the thread since it didn't add anything more than the already existing thread which is a merge of other threads on the same.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Okay threads merged, but how many threads do people plan to start with the same tired cliche "oh it looks like a Fusion"? Just because one auto writer said the grille is similar to a Fusion that is all people look at. There is more Mustang heritage in that grille than Fusion, and more Mustang heritage in the 2015 than you see if all you do is look at the one element you don't like.
'
Get over it and get out and see one in person.

I should have just deleted the thread since it didn't add anything more than the already existing thread which is a merge of other threads on the same.
Jim, sounds like you are the one complaining... just merge the threads and stop whining, otherwise don't administer a forum.. hmmm what does forum mean?

and anyways, it does look a bit like a fusion in the front and from the side it reminds me of a Beamer and from the back maybe a Ferrari.. that's my tired old opinion. Thank you for letting me express it on your fine FORUM.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Oh and one more crappy thing to say....

The Camaro is going on the Alpha platform for '16, so it is inherently lighter than the Zeta chassis of the current Gen 5 format. I am betting if Al Oppenheimer gets his way, it will be nicely lighter than the luxury Cadillac CTS with a potent engine. I am not badmouthing Mustang, but I think the guys at Ford by saying they were looking towards Europe for their competition really screwed the pooch.

We will see

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread