Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Opinions on this new stang?

Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
Both of you [Blue Beast/Pascal] validate points I have made.. Refinement is not always better or what some people want. I don't want to eat caviar in my mustang.. how many guys that drive bimmers like to do donuts in parking lots?... boy racer is a really insulting metaphor, and M3 like performance is an assumption/assertion by the you folks and the designers, we'll see how the reviews and testing goes. Feel free to rub my face in it it if it does circles around a nicely tuned S197, somehow I just don't believe that will be the case.

In any case, maybe I will check it out at the Denver show to see if my opinion evolves.

I am disappointed it was next to the other cars and no photos to really compare size? Cmon..

was it this one ?

http://articles.philly.com/2014-02-0...rolet-colorado

Maybe it was near not next to?
Yes that was the exact car I seen. And right outside that inclosed area were the two S197s. The cars were all within 30 feet of each other. So it was obivious the differences in height, lenth, apperance, etc.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

They are offering about 4k in incentives on the 14's if your not into the new style.

I am really on the fence, I am almost afraid to wait and see it in person, then not like it and there be no more 14's left.

What makes it worse is that I am picky. I what one with the 401a equpment package.... but then again... I want to see the 15 in person.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:52 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
They are offering about 4k in incentives on the 14's if your not into the new style.

I am really on the fence, I am almost afraid to wait and see it in person, then not like it and there be no more 14's left.

What makes it worse is that I am picky. I what one with the 401a equpment package.... but then again... I want to see the 15 in person.
find an auto show nearby and go to it. if ford is at that auto show and it is a larger one, i'd think the 2015 ought to be there.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums

I would go with a 14, first of all I know what I'm getting, 2nd I could have it right now and 3rd by time I'm ready to upgrade the 2016 or 2017 models are out, all the bugs will have been sorted out by Ford and hopefully by then the mustang will have a S550 Boss or something offering more performance over a standard GT but, it is nice to have a new model when it comes out so, lol...IDK?? Either way....your doin good!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:50 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I looked and didnt see any near Birmingham Alabama.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Name:  3debd946a6af36472f5e478ed111fa93.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  73.3 KB
I will have one!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
......... I don't want to eat caviar in my mustang.....
LOL, that made me laugh.

I feel the same way though... Even the current car has a lot of crap that I don't care for in a Stang.
All the gizmos and comfort stuff just jack up the price but it's kinda inevitable in today's world cause most people like that junk, especially young folks, which don't relate to the roots of the car anyway but they're the main customers now... Baby Boomers and old bastards are on their way out.

I was hoping for a serious weight loss on the new car but Ford still don't get that message so for that alone, there is no way that this car will run circle around a nicely tuned S197.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:38 AM
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

I don't mind the front, but the back doesn't seem right to me. Maybe its the way it curves. Don't like a reverse light at the bottom either. Even if I did like it, and had money to buy one or trade in my 07 GT. I still would not. Other things I would rather do with the money, and my 07 GT is just fine.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
I would go with a 14, first of all I know what I'm getting, 2nd I could have it right now and 3rd by time I'm ready to upgrade the 2016 or 2017 models are out, all the bugs will have been sorted out by Ford and hopefully by then the mustang will have a S550 Boss or something offering more performance over a standard GT but, it is nice to have a new model when it comes out so, lol...IDK?? Either way....your doin good!
Do we all really think there will be a bunch of bugs/issues with the 2015? I know every car tends to have issues, but I feel like Ford HAS to nail this or they stand to suffer a lot. Did the 2005 Mustang have a lot of issues? My first mustang was a 2012... which unfortunately has issues.

There is a fun factor to being the only person in town owning something.. but if you're right, it ain't no fun when the car is broken somehow. Saving for 2 years and getting a BOSS (if it releases) in 2016 sounds fun.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:54 AM
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

The auto has paddle shifters? I don't think those really belong on a mustang. And the push button start. I'm guessing you can't use a key at all any more to start the car. Seems like both features would be something that you use a few times then get board with them. After that initial cool factor wears off. Almost like there trying too hard to make the stang sell better in Europe. Why not make a whole new car separate from the stang?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on this new stang?