Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
You are in denial and need to do more research dude... heat treating problems and other issues plagued the it when it first came out. But whatever.. you have a ton of posts, so you must know more....
Here's a couple photos of MY CAMARO oh master of all interweb knowledge. I have alot of posts??? I have almost as many passes at the drag strip in MY CAMARO as you have posts complaining about everything like an old woman. When you have a little first hand experience with any kind of racing I'll assume you know what your talking about. Get off your stupid ***, get out in the real world and get a little of your own experience and you wont have to depend on F&*ked up interweb facts. Because we all know everything on the internet is true. Right smart guy? Did I mention I'm also a french model ********??? Bonjour. You just read that on the web so it must be true? Have you ever even been to a drag strip or did you just see pictures of one on ther internet?

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 04-03-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You a French something?!?!
Could have fooled me!
Oh and it's a SHE...
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
indytoatl

Default 2015 Disappointment

I was totally disappointed by the 2015 design. It is butt ugly and I waited months to get one after I saw some prototype drawings.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Here's a couple photos of MY CAMARO oh master of all interweb knowledge. ..... When you have a little first hand experience with any kind of racing I'll assume you know what your talking about.

Calm down......nice ride. I wouldn't take a Camaro for granted, but I have witnessed a broken rear axle.... Perhaps you're right about the HP tolerances and when a beefier rear is required. But I know firsthand the fix my buddy did on his involved replacing his Camaro's IRS with a Ford live axle. And he was hitting over 500HP at the wheels. So I see your point.

As for the 2015 design.... Aesthetically I'm reminded of the early 70's fast backs. And from a marketing perspective it makes sense to hear rumors of a Mach 1 variant coming soon after on this platform. With the right touch applied to the visual treatments and aero tweaks it's could be the defining moment for the S550. And if it does hit the ground with a twin turbo variation...It's definitely gunning for the European Axis. Which means.... Ford is not really concerned with what the Camaro squad has to say.

I get it. The UK has been anxious for the Mustang for decades. If you ask a European what American car they would like.... A Mustang is in the majority...not a Camaro. It's mentioned more than a Corvette. And since Ford is currently operating in the Black where GM will likely be in the red for a while considering current events..... The timing to go to the Mat and take on the UK axis....is perfect. And if they are going to do it right they need to visually tie their entire fleet offerings together visually. Therefore the EVOs platform is the defining look. Just like a BMW or Mercedes or Audi, Aston Martin, VW, etc, etc....all have a distinctive look that identifies any of their models ....it's a branded look.

If the Mach 1 rumors pan out.... I'm there. A V8 - 180 - Twin turbo American bruiser with a wicked Blow-off stomping on the Best the UK has to offer sounds like better times trumpeting their arrival for us.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

well Blue guess your just a lucky one. We got guys here in the low 11's and mid 10's with bolt ons. John has broken axles, and tore up the centers on both Camaros and Challengers. He did do a Bunch of rear end upgrades this winter and added Procharger shooting for 9's. I got a 2014 GT 6 weeks ago. Its supposed to run Low 12's and with the Bolt on mods and Bottle im doing hoping to see 11'00's . Been drag racing for over 25 years Got probably a few thousand runs under my belt in all sort of vehicles, Been running super street or Quicker since 1992. Have owned my own shop and been a mechanic for 25+ years. Dont get me Wrong for steet, or road racing Love IRS or in a lighter vehicle. But in today's cars with their weight and Factory HP I dont think GM or Dodge has put in a strong enough IRS. And when Ford releases the new Mustang I question if they are going to??? Come on GT's are going to be close to 500 hp stock. My 2014 with Factory tune is over 450 hp. Dont take much bolt ons to hit 600 Hp. Thats why I think they should offer a rear end choice. Or hopefully build the IRS to hold 125% of stock HP rating. Cause you figure with bolts ons today most vehicles can pick 25% Hp improvements pretty easily.
and if Ford does the GT 500's or Boss's you going to see cars making mid 650's and Up for HP. Again Hope they do a strong enough IRS to handle abuse. And if your only happy with running 12's yea you probably right IRS will hold up. But 12's is doable bone stock in some of these newer cars. Let ya know next weekend Planning on hitting the track weather permiting. Mine is Stock with just a few rear suspension upgrades to correct pinion angle. (want to make a few runs to get a baseline before modding)

Last edited by bryan67; 04-04-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Calm down......nice ride. I wouldn't take a Camaro for granted, but I have witnessed a broken rear axle.... Perhaps you're right about the HP tolerances and when a beefier rear is required. But I know firsthand the fix my buddy did on his involved replacing his Camaro's IRS with a Ford live axle. And he was hitting over 500HP at the wheels. So I see your point.

As for the 2015 design.... Aesthetically I'm reminded of the early 70's fast backs. And from a marketing perspective it makes sense to hear rumors of a Mach 1 variant coming soon after on this platform. With the right touch applied to the visual treatments and aero tweaks it's could be the defining moment for the S550. And if it does hit the ground with a twin turbo variation...It's definitely gunning for the European Axis. Which means.... Ford is not really concerned with what the Camaro squad has to say.

I get it. The UK has been anxious for the Mustang for decades. If you ask a European what American car they would like.... A Mustang is in the majority...not a Camaro. It's mentioned more than a Corvette. And since Ford is currently operating in the Black where GM will likely be in the red for a while considering current events..... The timing to go to the Mat and take on the UK axis....is perfect. And if they are going to do it right they need to visually tie their entire fleet offerings together visually. Therefore the EVOs platform is the defining look. Just like a BMW or Mercedes or Audi, Aston Martin, VW, etc, etc....all have a distinctive look that identifies any of their models ....it's a branded look.

If the Mach 1 rumors pan out.... I'm there. A V8 - 180 - Twin turbo American bruiser with a wicked Blow-off stomping on the Best the UK has to offer sounds like better times trumpeting their arrival for us.
Originally Posted by bryan67
well Blue guess your just a lucky one. We got guys here in the low 11's and mid 10's with bolt ons. John has broken axles, and tore up the centers on both Camaros and Challengers. He did do a Bunch of rear end upgrades this winter and added Procharger shooting for 9's. I got a 2014 GT 6 weeks ago. Its supposed to run Low 12's and with the Bolt on mods and Bottle im doing hoping to see 11'00's . Been drag racing for over 25 years Got probably a few thousand runs under my belt in all sort of vehicles, Been running super street or Quicker since 1992. Have owned my own shop and been a mechanic for 25+ years. Dont get me Wrong for steet, or road racing Love IRS or in a lighter vehicle. But in today's cars with their weight and Factory HP I dont think GM or Dodge has put in a strong enough IRS. And when Ford releases the new Mustang I question if they are going to??? Come on GT's are going to be close to 500 hp stock. My 2014 with Factory tune is over 450 hp. Dont take much bolt ons to hit 600 Hp. Thats why I think they should offer a rear end choice. Or hopefully build the IRS to hold 125% of stock HP rating. Cause you figure with bolts ons today most vehicles can pick 25% Hp improvements pretty easily.
and if Ford does the GT 500's or Boss's you going to see cars making mid 650's and Up for HP. Again Hope they do a strong enough IRS to handle abuse. And if your only happy with running 12's yea you probably right IRS will hold up. But 12's is doable bone stock in some of these newer cars. Let ya know next weekend Planning on hitting the track weather permiting. Mine is Stock with just a few rear suspension upgrades to correct pinion angle. (want to make a few runs to get a baseline before modding)
Well guys I'm pretty much done with argueing the merits of the Camaro's rear. You both are mentioning cars with over 500 wheel HP and cars that are shooting for 9s-low 11s. The Camaro SS makes 330WHP stock for the L99 and about 365WHP for the LS3. The kind of power you guys are talking is not bolt-on power and will easily snap the 28 spline stock axles in the current Mustang. I run 35 spline axles and a spool in my own personal Mustang for a reason! We all know IRS is not the optional set up for drag racing. But we also know that the straight axles of the old Mustang will not win you any road races against a proper IRS. Lets face it the Boss is getting trounced by the 1Le Camaro in any road race with equal drivers. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of the Chevy boys chanting just throw a curb at it anytime the Mustang vs Camaro topic comes up. But it's just common sense that when you start making more than bolt-on power things are gonna break. I don't care if you own a Mustang or a Camaro. It's a newb mistake to throw a ton of power at a car and expect the transmission, rear, suspension to just deal with it. Do things break on the Camaro if you drag race it enough? Sure it does. Now are you going to try and tell me you've never hear of a Mustang breaking an axle? I've seen em break under stock power levels. Doesn't mean the majority of them are breaking. Just like the majority of Camaro axles and center section are not breaking.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:02 PM
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

well the 2014 comes with 31 spline. And since you keep getting off topic of the Thread. Which is what we would like to see or what we are disappointed on. My comment is If they going to IRS that hopefully they will beef it up to handle the extra HP and torque of todays cars. And i think GM and Chrysler could have given us beefier set ups from the start to IMO. Dont care what we can do with aftermarket parts or mods to make them handle the power. Modding isnt a part of this thread. I like the Camaros and Dodges Just think the weak link is the rear. And thats My Opinion!!!. Just like the Trans is the weak link in the Magnums. (which my wife runs) Hey i wish Mustangs came with a 9 in option. But thats me. (And thats what I'll probably end up with in my 14 when i go FI down the road). So Run what you want its all good. And I dont consider 25% power increase as Tons of power. When you start making 1000+ hp Then I consider your making tons of power.

Last edited by bryan67; 04-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Bryan, can you read? I mean seriously...
And yes, 25% hp increase will fugg things up!

Bluebeast no biggy, some of us get it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Well guys I'm pretty much done with argueing the merits ....
You got that I pretty much agreed with you then? Anyhoooo.... It did stray off topic.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
You got that I pretty much agreed with you then? Anyhoooo.... It did stray off topic.
I did my man it's all good. Bryans one of those guys. He runs super street, owns his own shop for 25 years and nothing less than 1000HP. will impress him. He'll also get around to modding his car one of these days. Hadimar will be back in a few days to back him up and basically have a bitch fit and complain about anything that isn't like his car. That's how it is in this section. But to put this thread back on track. I'd like the mustang get a true duel clutch automatic with paddle shift and not the crappy push button set-up GM currently uses on the Camaro. Factory painted stripes would also be killer.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 04-04-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: grammar & spelling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?