Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 PM
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

well Blue was going to say a bunch of stuff.explaining Facts and views. But Hey guess you know everything about me. You aint worth time to respond. To each his own. Hope to see you at a track someday.

Last edited by bryan67; 04-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Lets hope so. Good luck with your supercharged build. Hope you see 9s. Hell here to us both seeing 9s this year in the Stangs.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:17 PM
jrsimon27

this is the best looking mustang of all times.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 AM
dwanderso@gmail.com

I'm so disappointed with the 2015. I just hate the look; it's not for me. There are some parts to it that are nice but overall I would not own it.

In high school (early-mid90s) I had a 1988 Mustang 5.0 in a 1978 Mercury Capri body. It was a beauty. I loved it. Fast forward over 20 years later and I have wanted another Mustang the entire time. Life, family, etc., have always put it off. A few years ago when I was in a position to get a nice car, I decided to wait for the 50th anniversary Mustang. Last year I decided to get a Camaro instead. I figured if the 50th came out and I loved it, I would trade in the Camaro. Needless to say, I won't be trading it in. I swear on my kids this is not a case of me trying to justify the Camaro. I would trade it in instantly if I liked the new Mustang.

So what is next for me? Frankly, my entire life I have loved the Fastback from the 60s. I sure wish they put out a special edition replica of the original Fastback for next year. Just rebuild it exact except with modern standards, of course, and the additional weight and what not. That I would get if they could keep it around $50k.

I think I'm likely going to keep the Camaro and after paying off the loan, I'm going to get an original Fastback to keep along side the Camaro. If the 50th Camaro is pretty enough I'll consider it, but I think at the end of the day nothing is going to rival the original Fastback for me.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:16 PM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Default I Got It !

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Ah....this is gonna get some backlash but, it would of been cool if they brought back the T-Top option and/or a sunroof. I miss the 80's.....at times. oh, and I wish Ford sold bare-bones Mustang like Ford did once upon a time, no options....V8, Manual trans and a decent rear gear to go along with it, no power anything and the price should be cheaper....not higher priced for removing options. Porsche does that, removes all the options and gives you straps for door handles then charges a much heftier price...WTF? A $25K V8 mustang would sell in the hundred of thousands...maybe? Oh, and think of how a $25K mustang would help the economy....performance parts sales, tire sales, rim sales, stereo sales, insurance companies would make a killing and body shops would probably get a lot of work.....so, ford help the economy and sell bare-bone V8 Mustangs!! it's a win-win for everyone!
You want a Scion with a vinyl padded top, right.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwanderso@gmail.com
I'm so disappointed with the 2015. I just hate the look; it's not for me.
So what is next for me? Frankly, my entire life I have loved the Fastback from the 60s. I sure wish they put out a special edition replica of the original Fastback for next year. I think at the end of the day nothing is going to rival the original Fastback for me.
I think it would be great if they only put the headlights where the tail light should be (LOL). Come on folks I came from the 60's but I don't want to back there. You have to understand you are going to have to restore a 60's fastback because Ford is not going to build a car only you would buy.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:38 PM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Lets hope so. Good luck with your supercharged build. Hope you see 9s. Hell here to us both seeing 9s this year in the Stangs.
Nothing ever changes. Are you pushing 600+ HP? You are in the 10's at only 123 mph?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:45 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JaggedEdge
Nothing ever changes. Are you pushing 600+ HP? You are in the 10's at only 123 mph?
Thats correct. Do you need me to explain how that's possible? You "claim" you were sporting a street truck with a 650HP and almost 800Fps of torque? Did you ever think of suspension mods??? I built my car for the 1/4! You would have been tickled with a 1.7-1.8 sixty on drag radials where as I'd shoot myself in the face if I ever got a launch that **** pore out of my set-up. Full drag race suspension and a 3800 stalled auto C4 leaving off a trans brake and a 200 shot of nitrous, running on slicks nets me a 1.4 sixty. I know it's hard to understand right? Half the stuff I just mentioned you'll probably need to look up on Wikipedia to see how it works. Come on man, get to the drag strip and learn about the sport! Hell just watch a little pastime on the speed channel before you start asking questions like the one above. Anyone can run 10s and they only need to trap 116-118 with a proper drag setup. 600 horse power is only impressive if your racing on a Dyno or you can actually put the power to the ground. Your just showing how much you don't know about cars or drag racing by asking a question like that. And before you decide to argue that it can't be done just go to youtube and look up 10 second mustangs. You should be able to find about 50 videos of cars running 10s on a low 120 trap in your first five minutes of looking around. Here I'll save you the time. Here's a video of two different Mustangs doing it back to back! What is it with you new guys in this thread? Bryan claims to own a shop for 20 years but in another thread he says the 285 number of a tire isnt the width. it's the height of the tire. the 2nd number 40, 50, 60 etc. is how wide your tire is going to be??? And now your claiming to have two vehicles that made between 500whp & 650whp but you can't rap your head around a car running 10s with a 124 trap like you've never been to a drag strip??? The only thing I see you two have in common is you own bone stock cars and and a real lack of..........

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 04-20-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwanderso@gmail.com

I think I'm likely going to keep the Camaro and after paying off the loan, I'm going to get an original Fastback to keep along side the Camaro. If the 50th Camaro is pretty enough I'll consider it, but I think at the end of the day nothing is going to rival the original Fastback for me.
So you are going to wait for the 2060 Camaro, wow you are patient.

As for me I like the new look, and will hope they come out with a Mach 1 version very soon.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:11 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

If the rumors are true/confirmed, then I'm disappointed that the cars will be heavier than before (even if its just a hundred pounds).

Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?