Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Dyesha - Please address brake squeal complaints

Old 12-28-2014, 11:16 AM
sandradavila

Default Squealing brakes

Originally Posted by ScarletGT
Has Ford released anything about this yet? I love this car, but having people stop to see what piece of junk is stopping behind them is just plain embarrassing. A squeal is one thing, but this is a pure shreak!
I finally got the Ford dealership to replace my brake pads and so far no loud brake squealing. I asked the General manager if it's going to be a recall and he stated that after talking with Ford it's coming soon.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:04 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sandradavila
I finally got the Ford dealership to replace my brake pads and so far no loud brake squealing. I asked the General manager if it's going to be a recall and he stated that after talking with Ford it's coming soon.
recalls are for safety related defects. If there is something coming it'd probably be a tech service bulletin (TSB.)
Old 12-28-2014, 09:50 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
recalls are for safety related defects. If there is something coming it'd probably be a tech service bulletin (TSB.)
+1

"Recall" is an abused and overused word.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 AM
sandradavila

Default Brakes

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
+1

"Recall" is an abused and overused word.
Sorry about that I meant TSB. This is frustrating because my car has been to dealership 3 times now for different issues. I've only had it three weeks and the first day I had an airbag malfunction which was a safety issue.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:01 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ScarletGT
Has Ford released anything about this yet? I love this car, but having people stop to see what piece of junk is stopping behind them is just plain embarrassing. A squeal is one thing, but this is a pure shreak!
There are no recalls, TSBs, or customer satisfaction programs on this, ScarletGT.

Deysha
Old 12-29-2014, 11:56 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Sorry about that I meant TSB. This is frustrating because my car has been to dealership 3 times now for different issues. I've only had it three weeks and the first day I had an airbag malfunction which was a safety issue.
I know that can be frustrating - I have been there before. Anything with thousands of parts like this can have a few hiccups when new. Once you get them sorted out you'll have a solid vehicle that will last you for many years. In my experience, anyways.

Where in TX are you?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 AM
sandradavila

Default Brakes

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I know that can be frustrating - I have been there before. Anything with thousands of parts like this can have a few hiccups when new. Once you get them sorted out you'll have a solid vehicle that will last you for many years. In my experience, anyways.

Where in TX are you?
I'm in Austin TX. I knew I would have a few issues here and there but not immediately after I got the car. This is my 3rd Mustang gt and the 2015 still outbeats the 2013 and 2003. I just wish the problems would have been a lot easier to figure out. I've had the car over three weeks going on four and finally I'm getting to drive it.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I'm in Austin TX. I knew I would have a few issues here and there but not immediately after I got the car. This is my 3rd Mustang gt and the 2015 still outbeats the 2013 and 2003. I just wish the problems would have been a lot easier to figure out. I've had the car over three weeks going on four and finally I'm getting to drive it.
I'm new to Austin but have had good luck at Covert on the North side of town. From reading this Mustang forum, as well as others, it seems they are the lesser of the evils around Austin. I did have one issue with an idiot mechanic that tried to tell me my 2010 did not have a fuel filter. I brought this with the service boss and he was extremely apologetic and wanted to make it right.

I hope you get your issues resolved. That doesn't sound acceptable to me.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I must be one of the lucky ones. My 2015 GT's brakes don't squeak whatsoever. Is it the 15in brembo or the 14 in 4 piston standard brakes that the majority of owners are getting this squeak? My premium GT has the standard 14in brakes.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

I sometimes will hear the squeal if my car has been sitting outside for awhile and its been raining. But it only does it when I'm backing up out of my parking spot then hitting the brakes to stop. The very next time I hit the brakes no squeal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyesha - Please address brake squeal complaints