Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Need Opinions only got 3 days left to decide

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 03:50 PM
AngelDeath
1st Gear Member

Default Need Opinions only got 3 days left to decide

Greets All,

I need some opinions, and yes I know i'm probably going to get a ton of them, and thats what I want. Here is the story:

On Friday I am going to be going to a place to have the LEDs changed to the Multi-color + Amber Sequential done, got a great price to have it done since I dont have the ***** to do it myself. Anyway I am having my lights switched around, since being able to change the code and stop the fogs from shutting off when signaling, I decided that when I have this done I am going to have the pigtails switched around so that the original turn signal lights are going to be my dedicated DRLs (will no longer be turn signals) and the Fins or the original LEDs are now going to be my turn signals solely (really the way it should have been done in the first place by FORD, IMO).

I was first thinking of having the Fins/Gills only light up when either the parking lights are on, or at night and during the day they would be off and only light up when signaling, but then I started thinking about having them on along with the the Turn Signals that I am going to be making dedicated DRLs, this way the LEDs would be lit up in either white or Amber, and the turn signals (Now DRLs) would remain a steady white.

So I'm kinda torn on which way to set it up, and I''m trying to get opinions because after thinking about it I'm wondering which way to do it.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:20 PM
AngelDeath
1st Gear Member

Wow, No one? I would have expected some opinions about this.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

this way the LEDs would be lit up in either white or Amber, and the turn signals (Now DRLs) would remain a steady white.

I would prefer it this way, but this is really a personal preference type thing..there is no right or wrong answer
Old 08-24-2016, 03:27 PM
AngelDeath
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ucinn
this way the LEDs would be lit up in either white or Amber, and the turn signals (Now DRLs) would remain a steady white.

I would prefer it this way, but this is really a personal preference type thing..there is no right or wrong answer
Agreed there is no right or wrong answer, but I was just getting some ideas, cause originally I was going to have the leds off and only on during the night, but then I started thinking.

Maybe I'll put a waterproof line switch and test both ways out.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:09 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I have my halos, leds, and fogs on all the time. The turn signals are only on with the headlights and they are switchbacks, stay white and turn yellow with blinker I like it this way but some may not.