Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Upgrade coil pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coosawjack
I have the Granatelli SOLID connectors in my 2004 Mercury Marauder motor and swear by them over the "Springy Thingies" FORD uses but in the Marauder applications NOBODY has beat the OEM coils!!

Do the COPs in the Coyote Engines use the same OEM Springs?? If so SOLID CONNECTORS would be preferred my me!!
We have several 1000 customers that chose to run our solid core ropes with their stock coils or other aftermarket brands. That is always an option. But our coils have been proven to output more the double the factory
Old 03-13-2017, 12:51 PM
95 MERC

Default Dynos Don't Lie -- But SALESMEN DO !

[QUOTE:

Its like saying at 4.6 or 5.4 engines are the same. So if we instrument 10 Mod Engines that all come from the same year, make and model car - they should all be the same right? - WRONG.

Our coils are built to exacting specs and the dyno does not lie. Peak numbers look good but our average HP and Torque is what makes us head and shoulder above the rest. Its human nature to believe what we want to. The numbers tell the story over 2,000,000[/QUOTE]

Enough with the sales pitch !!
Let's talk facts -- The 4.6 and the 5.4 are NOT the same, and I never said, or even hinted, that they were. You won't impress anybody with phony statements that claim that your critics are not well-informed and/or knowledgeable.
Your coils may well be "built to exacting standards", but so are other high-performance coils. Your products are NOT unique in that regard, sir!
The dyno doesn't lie -- very true, but the information gathered from dyno readings is often misrepresented in order to yield misleading results.
Yes, cars fitted with your coils may have broken many records, but you CANNOT PROOVE that the broken records were a result of the engines being fitted with your coils! There are far too many variables incorporated into racing engines that preclude the claim that your coils can produce 18-20 additional horsepower over a STOCK coil on a STOCK engine.
If such a preposterous claim were even HALF-TRUE, every car manufacturer in the world would have such a coil fitted to their engines at the factory!!
Let me ask you this:
If I mount one of your coils on my engine, drive the car for a year, and it doesn't lower my E.T. or increase my fuel mileage (I record fuel used to two (2) decimal places), will you refund my purchse price (+ tax) in full ??
Since we all don't have dynamometers at hand, your customers have to try the coils for themselves. If your product is as good as you claim it is, I would think you would back it up by letting the CUSTOMER decide how good it really is.
Congrats on selling 2 million coils -- Ford sold 12 million Model Ts, too !!
Old 03-13-2017, 05:37 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Call out!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 95 MERC

Enough with the sales pitch !!
Let's talk facts -- The 4.6 and the 5.4 are NOT the same, and I never said, or even hinted, that they were. You won't impress anybody with phony statements that claim that your critics are not well-informed and/or knowledgeable.
Your coils may well be "built to exacting standards", but so are other high-performance coils. Your products are NOT unique in that regard, sir!
The dyno doesn't lie -- very true, but the information gathered from dyno readings is often misrepresented in order to yield misleading results.
Yes, cars fitted with your coils may have broken many records, but you CANNOT PROOVE that the broken records were a result of the engines being fitted with your coils! There are far too many variables incorporated into racing engines that preclude the claim that your coils can produce 18-20 additional horsepower over a STOCK coil on a STOCK engine.
If such a preposterous claim were even HALF-TRUE, every car manufacturer in the world would have such a coil fitted to their engines at the factory!!
Let me ask you this:
If I mount one of your coils on my engine, drive the car for a year, and it doesn't lower my E.T. or increase my fuel mileage (I record fuel used to two (2) decimal places), will you refund my purchase price (+ tax) in full ??
Since we all don't have dynamometers at hand, your customers have to try the coils for themselves. If your product is as good as you claim it is, I would think you would back it up by letting the CUSTOMER decide how good it really is.
Congrats on selling 2 million coils -- Ford sold 12 million Model Ts, too !!
Its not a sales pitch. It just sounds like it because I am trying to give a fair example. Not everything needs to be a fight. I am not putting words in anyone's mouth and vice-versa I would ask for the same courtesy.

Respectfully what other American Made Hi Perf coils are out there? Accel, Holley, MSD? They claim 10% increase in output at best. Now that a sales pitch. Factually our products are totally unique in that regard. They are a cut above the rest and the track times show for it, as does the dyno.

As for coils setting records - several were A - B tests and then B to A - Ask Joe Charles, Mike Murillo, Chip Haveman, Bob Kurgan, etc

We never claimed a 20hp gain over stock on a stock engine. Although we have seen numbers close to that on Blown Motors

As for refund if you are not happy - YES but not after a year. Its 90 days. And for the record, we sold these coils for the first 10 years with a life time warranty but a 90 day promises as to a cash refund. Too many people were playing games with returns so we took the lifetime warranty away. But to date we still stand behind all sales.

I was not bragging about sales I was merely explaining away the guinea pig comments
Old 03-20-2017, 08:07 PM
ShamelessCookie

Originally Posted by Granatelli Sales
Facts Speak for themselves

There are multiple options, features and benefits
I've always run Granatelli wires in my Chevy's (LS1 Camaro and LS7 Z06). Love them.

Now I have a '17 Mustang GT and I found out the coil pack connector changed in mid '16.

Granatelli guys, when will I be able to buy coil packs for my '17 5.0L? I'll gladly be your first customer!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
I've always run Granatelli wires in my Chevy's (LS1 Camaro and LS7 Z06). Love them.

Now I have a '17 Mustang GT and I found out the coil pack connector changed in mid '16.

Granatelli guys, when will I be able to buy coil packs for my '17 5.0L? I'll gladly be your first customer!
1 more week away
Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Coincidence that some random new account just popped up in support? I think not.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:43 AM
ShamelessCookie

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Coincidence that some random new account just popped up in support? I think not.
Like I said, just bought the '17, so I'm a new owner. I was anxious to get coil packs since I've had good experience with Granatelli wires in the past, but (up until just yesterday) it looked like none were available.

Here's my profiles on LS1Tech and EvolutionM. Dunno what to say other than, it was a coincidence. And I'm glad that these coil packs just came out!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

And to top it off he was a Chevy guy 1st. OMG let's ban him for life Anyone that says a nice thing must have been paid

Lets get back to the facts:

The Granatelli coils make power over stock

The "Stock" coils work "fine" The question is "Is Fine Good Enough"

No one here has said you need these for your car to run, what some have said is they make the car run better, idle smoother, better mileage

AND - if you are not happy, just send them back for a full refund. Seems like a win win
Old 03-16-2021, 05:29 AM
Wrussm22

Default Horse power and torque gains

[QUOTE=Derf00;8575635]Nope, worthless mod that will typically render bigger headaches, due to failures or unreliability, than any psychological gain you could possibly get from them. Save the cash and invest in some

Watch some dyno runs with and without upgraded coil packs. 25 HP gains. Very much worth the money.