Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Upgrade coil pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 12:36 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Id be more than happy to make some same night/ before and after, drag strip runs! Let me know.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Has any independent people tested them? I'm sure people would be willing to accept a set for testing. Torque is hard to come by on coyotes, you just don't slap on 20wtq like that.
Guys we have been selling these for over 10 years. They are pretty much standard equipment on the Ford Racing Teams Top to Bottom

Specific to Independent Testing, yes of course they have been dyno'd like a billion times. I have not paid attention this year but I know for the last 5 seasons the guys winning in Coyote Stock have been running Granatelli regardless of which car.

Also we have a money back guarantee so if they don't work, just send them back for a refund. Can't get any easier than that.

The reason why torque raises like that on same applications is 2 fold. 1. stock coils heat soak and don't repeat when you beat on them & 2. the Granatelli Coils output much better under hard load so when the stock coils nose over at peak torque the Granatelli coils won't.

Have you seen the new throttle bodies we offer for the Coyote? The gains are little because the stock part moves "enough" to feed the engine - We still saw a gain.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by proeagles
I find it hard to believe and agree someone else needs to test it, like maybe horsepower TV/Powernation or one of the other vendors who sell the product.
Please check the link again - powerTV has tested these multiple times always with gains

Old 03-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Joe Charles has done a ton of back to back runs with the coils and won championships
Old 03-09-2017, 09:45 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

My car runs well as is. I'm not much of a guinea pig but I'm sure others will take you up on it.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkmach1
My car runs well as is. I'm not much of a guinea pig but I'm sure others will take you up on it.
Guinea pig is also slang for a person who is the first to try something. It can also mean the subject of an experiment.

My friends, these coils have been out by Granatelli since 1996. After 21 years and over 2,016,000 units sold (as of Jan 2017) no one here would be a test Guinea Pig for these coils - Seriously

Since 2011 we have sold roughly 144,000 Coyote coils sold. Not one negative word on the coyote coils, just records broken.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:41 PM
95 MERC

Default "Hot" Coils = Money Wasted.

Stock Ford coils that test within spec will deliver all the horse power that your normally-aspirated engine will produce.
Properly-gapped plugs with a "fine-wire" design (such as BOSCH 9605, Double Iridium) will prevent spark "blow-out" at high rpm on the FOMOCO 4.6 & 5.4 configuration.
Dyno runs by product manufacturers don't tell you WHAT ELSE was done to the engines before the tests were taken.
Claims of more that 2-3 horsepower from "high-performance" coils are HIGHLY suspicious -- or downright bogus !!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:46 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

I agree. Mustang6G has been up for almost 3 years now and not one word on these coils.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Coosawjack
2nd Gear Member

I have the Granatelli SOLID connectors in my 2004 Mercury Marauder motor and swear by them over the "Springy Thingies" FORD uses but in the Marauder applications NOBODY has beat the OEM coils!!

Do the COPs in the Coyote Engines use the same OEM Springs?? If so SOLID CONNECTORS would be preferred my me!!
Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Granatelli Sales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 95 MERC
Stock Ford coils that test within spec will deliver all the horse power that your normally-aspirated engine will produce.
Properly-gapped plugs with a "fine-wire" design (such as BOSCH 9605, Double Iridium) will prevent spark "blow-out" at high rpm on the FOMOCO 4.6 & 5.4 configuration.
Dyno runs by product manufacturers don't tell you WHAT ELSE was done to the engines before the tests were taken.
Claims of more that 2-3 horsepower from "high-performance" coils are HIGHLY suspicious -- or downright bogus !!
Ahh - the "good enough" statement. Ya we get that one as well. To say a stock coil will support all the HP that a NA motor can produce is not true. Exactly

Its like saying at 4.6 or 5.4 engines are the same. So if we instrument 10 Mod Engines that all come from the same year, make and model car - they should all be the same right? - WRONG.

Our coils are built to exacting specs and the dyno does not lie. Peak numbers look good but our average HP and Torque is what makes us head and shoulder above the rest. Its human nature to believe what we want to. The numbers tell the story over 2,000,000

Quick Reply: Upgrade coil pack