Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

C&D 2015 Mustang Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

i'm not trying to be a douche, but what is the point of this entire section of the forum other than to post renders, comment on speculative articles, and occasionally post ford announcements? lol, to be in a section designated to a vehicle that has yet to be unveiled and say IDGAF about renders is like going into the technical sections of the S197 forum and saying IDGAF about mechanical problem threads. lololol, no one person in particular is doing it in these threads, it just keeps happening in each thread and leaves me scratching my head.

but if i haven't said it already, i really like this render!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

I love how it looks a bit compact (for a mustang), but also very aggressive. Sure it looks like the new Taurus' front end, or an aston martin, but still very sweet.

Rear end looks like it's smiling a bit too much.. not sure about that smiling thing. Reminded me of the new Mazda 3's, and how they are grinning.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

It's still a render, but it's probably not too far off from the final product. I stated it before and I'll say it again, it looks like Ford is doing an evolution off the old Sn95 platform with the new Evos concept. It seems to incorporate the curves of the original Sn95, but has the edge look in the front/rear. Look at them side by side:

Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Looks a bit like a BRZ to me. Not a bad looking car.
That was my first thought......the roof line is really similar, the brz just being smaller
Old 10-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostStrykre
i'm not trying to be a douche, but what is the point of this entire section of the forum other than to post renders, comment on speculative articles, and occasionally post ford announcements? lol, to be in a section designated to a vehicle that has yet to be unveiled and say IDGAF about renders is like going into the technical sections of the S197 forum and saying IDGAF about mechanical problem threads. lololol, no one person in particular is doing it in these threads, it just keeps happening in each thread and leaves me scratching my head.

but if i haven't said it already, i really like this render!
I'll one douche up ya - all those j-holes saying it is a render and dumb speculation are getting old, and get a big freaking "I TOLD YOU SO" after the unveil... but they'll never admit they're wrong or just make up some other excuse, cause it just isn't in their egos.

Anyways, there are always those "I know better than you" people that just need ignored, though I have a though time doing that...

Last edited by Hamidar05; 10-29-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-30-2013, 02:28 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It doesn't really matter what I think of the leaks and what 2015 mustang is going to look like since I'll never willingly give up my current mustang.
But the issue I have is that you have always been able to tell from the front of the car that you had a mustang coming up behind you...
Now with the new corporate front end styling, it could be a fusion, or a fiesta, or a cmax, or a taurus. Take a look at the 2014 versions of those cars and tell me you don't see a common look there.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:55 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
It doesn't really matter what I think of the leaks and what 2015 mustang is going to look like since I'll never willingly give up my current mustang.
But the issue I have is that you have always been able to tell from the front of the car that you had a mustang coming up behind you...
Now with the new corporate front end styling, it could be a fusion, or a fiesta, or a cmax, or a taurus. Take a look at the 2014 versions of those cars and tell me you don't see a common look there.
Fair point. Probably only enthusiasts will be able to distinguish the vehicle when glancing in the mirror, but that's something a nice exhaust note can fix! AMIRITE?! Haha... but seriously I get this point. It's going to be the reason people stay away from the s550 platform, I mean those that do stay away. But hey, Thank god for the retro folks, because without those enthusiasts the mustang wouldn't have any heritage and history to look back on.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:03 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

I'll make no apologies...I like it!

I'm saving my pennies for a "Voodoo" powered GT-350 convertable, blue with white stripes.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

i think its gonna be one of the best yet its 50 years later has to be good.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Interesting. Like jthorn9, I see several design cues from Mustangs past in this design. I'm also thinking this looks like it might be more than just a rendering. Added together with design cues being incorporated into Fords lineup, I'm thinking legit.

No....despite what the magazine states, I don't think it's a "leak"....large corporations don't have leaks and I don't think C & D would mess up their relationship with Ford by doing that. I think this is a test run "corporate leak" for the real deal and wouldn't be surprised if Ford design people are watching comments on these Mustang boards very carefully.

I like it OK and think it's a smooth evolution that keeps the history of the car intact. The side/rear view seems a little awkward but that could just be the pictures. I would be surprised if they really scrapped the black out tail lights used now in favor of a modified return to the 2010 lights. That's a level of cool I think they need to retain.

Overall, IMO it's good and will appeal to the Euros and younger consumer. I, being an older guy prefer my retro Stang' and will likely keep it.

(I also like the idea of a "Voodoo" concept

Quick Reply: C&D 2015 Mustang Leak