Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

C&D 2015 Mustang Leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Ugly, slow, yet people are running out and buying them like crazy. The Fords are only faster stock til you throw a curve in their way. Besides your sig says you went 12.5@117? Is your Mustang slow or was it just crap driving? By way of comparison. I threw a set of hedders, tune and CAI on my wifes Camaro ss and went 12.66 on the stock P-zeros. Hell she went 12.69 and she never drag raced before. Wonder what her SS would do with a wipple like yours?.:
True, the Camaro has sold better than Mustang. The initial years were attributed to massive advertising and it worked so effectively that many customers switched to Camaros when they first returned in 2009.
That trend still has held true, but there are months that Mustangs bounce back and sell almost evenly with Camaros.

As for speed, Coyote Mustangs are laying down high to mid 12's stock. With the same mods; headers, CAI, and tune, Coyote Mustangs are hitting mid to low 12's. At low boost, only 5PSI manifold, Coyote Mustangs are seeing over 550BHP, where the supercharged Camaro ZL1's LSA engine is not too much more at 580BHP needing around 7PSI manifold boost.

As for curves, check out the S197 handling sub-forums. Guys in there are doing wonders with the S197 chassis on solid rear axles. Sure, Camaros have the 1LE package that you can order for the SS, but Mustangs can be very easily made to beat an SS with 1LE package very easily for the simple reason that the Mustang S197 is lighter, and the stock suspension greatly sacrifices handling for NVH.

Our Mustangs, even our heavy S197s, are far from ready for being put out to pasture.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 11-22-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
True, the Camaro has sold better than Mustang. The initial years were attributed to massive advertising and it worked so effectively that many customers switched to Camaros when they first returned in 2009.
That trend still has held true, but there are months that Mustangs bounce back and sell almost evenly with Camaros.

As for speed, Coyote Mustangs are laying down high to mid 12's stock. With the same mods; headers, CAI, and tune, Coyote Mustangs are hitting mid to low 12's. At low boost, only 5PSI manifold, Coyote Mustangs are seeing over 550BHP, where the supercharged Camaro ZL1's LSA engine is not too much more at 580BHP needing around 7PSI manifold boost.

As for curves, check out the S197 handling sub-forums. Guys in there are doing wonders with the S197 chassis on solid rear axles. Sure, Camaros have the 1LE package that you can order for the SS, but Mustangs can be very easily made to beat an SS with 1LE package very easily for the simple reason that the Mustang S197 is lighter, and the stock suspension greatly sacrifices handling for NVH.

Our Mustangs, even our heavy S197s, are far from ready for being put out to pasture.
The stock Mustang owns the Drag strip. The stock Camaro currently owns the road course. But a very small minority of car buyers care about any kind of drag racing or road courses. They want the latest & greatest thing. They also want a pretty car with nice interior appointments. Saying the Camaro is ugly is just silly. It sells better because of it's attractive design and the fact that Ford has been using the same design for half a decade longer than the Chevy. I'm disapointed with the C&D render because I think it looks to similar to the current S197 design. Chevy hit a home run with the 5th gen Camaro design. I was hoping for a grand slam with the next Mustang. If this render holds true all we're going to get is a ground rule double! This render looks like yet another S197 refresh. And by judging from the responses in this thread. Even the S197 owners aren't fond of it.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Saying the Camaro is ugly is just silly. It sells better because of it's attractive design and the fact that Ford has been using the same design for half a decade longer than the Chevy. I'm disapointed with the C&D render because I think it looks to similar to the current S197 design. Chevy hit a home run with the 5th gen Camaro design. I was hoping for a grand slam with the next Mustang. If this render holds true all we're going to get is a ground rule double! This render looks like yet another S197 refresh. And by judging from the responses in this thread. Even the S197 owners aren't fond of it.
It is a matter of taste as we all know, but regardless I don't care for the looks of the current Camaro. I did like the body style that disappeared when the Camaro when on it's hiatus. As far as the sales go, I think you've over simplified it. Chevy made that weird pickup that was supposed to replace the Camaro...what a colossal mistake! You don't replace a car with a pickup. The 70's are over man! That is behind them. So when Chevy brought back the Camaro, anyone who held onto theirs or went to something different likely flocked back in droves so the sales were and still are high because there simply weren't any other viable options in that price range for a bow tie fan for what, 5 years? As for the Mustang's flagging sales, I also think many of us have been holding our breath to see what the 50 year anniversary is going to bring. For me, the renderings still aren't doing it for me, but they are just that.

Also, anyone posting renderings of previous models and concepts, you're posting Ford renderings and conceptual designs...not stuff being done by some guy in his garage which is pretty much all we have to date other than the spy shots. The renderings C&D leaked are just that. They are speculation. Heck - you think Ford with their deep coffers and engineering folks couldn't find some glue and b@rbed wire to strap the Aston nose or something similar to the front to make us all think "this is the way its gonna look!" We can argue all day long about the differences and similarities after we see the car in a couple of days but even those are subjective. In the end, none of this back and forth means jack squat. We have NOT seen the car, so we can just keep pissing each other off, calling each other idiots, but our opinions are simply that. Like someone said earlier, opinions are like aholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Mine included. For now, I'll keep hoping the renderings are not right. I don't like what I've seen, but I've got my plan B ready if its needed Dec 5.

I really hope that there is a huge coup and the reveal is a mustang like no rendering we've seen and we are all eating our words for being idiots looking at renderings and speculating. That would make me lmao.

Last edited by wcgman; 12-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

The stock Mustang owns the Drag strip. The stock Camaro currently owns the road course. But a very small minority of car buyers care about any kind of drag racing or road courses. They want the latest & greatest thing. They also want a pretty car with nice interior appointments. Saying the Camaro is ugly is just silly. It sells better because of it's attractive design and the fact that Ford has been using the same design for half a decade longer than the Chevy. I'm disapointed with the C&D render because I think it looks to similar to the current S197 design. Chevy hit a home run with the 5th gen Camaro design. I was hoping for a grand slam with the next Mustang. If this render holds true all we're going to get is a ground rule double! This render looks like yet another S197 refresh. And by judging from the responses in this thread. Even the S197 owners aren't fond of it.
Well isn't that the point of the 2015 Mustang? To finally bring the Mustang into the modern day with an upgraded suspension? Personally I could care less. I find the solid rear axle to be a bit more fun. I don't live on a race track, nor do I drive a race track to work, or drive on a race track for work, just like 95% of all other Mustang and Camaro owners. In a way I prefer the slightly more sloppy and edgy ride. That kind of part of the fun of muscle cars and pony cars. Would a good IRS be nice? Sure, here's to hoping the 2015 is great.

At the same time, I think the 2013/14 Mustangs look absolutely stunning. I'm almost a little disappointed that they are going to move from the styling so quickly. I hope they do keep the changes minor and focus more on under the hood and suspension.

Might I also note that people were just as enthusiastic about the S197s when they came out as they were about the Camaros when they came out. I like the new Camaros too, but with so many V6s flooding the streets they are starting to look mighty boring now unless they are tastefully modded, which is the same I'd say about the Mustang (except for those 13/14s, they look good from the factory! though that will probably also grow old in time). So maybe they do need some changes to keep the look fresh, but I don't see a need for a huge redesign. Not all redesigns are for the better, for example, I'm NOT a fan of the 2014 Camaro redesign, I think it looks far worse than the previous.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I really hope that there is a huge coup and the reveal is a mustang like no rendering we've seen and we are all eating our words for being idiots looking at renderings and speculating. That would make me lmao.
I also hope they throw a complete curve ball out there and the design looks nothing like any of these renders. I thought the S197 was a striking car but it's had it's day in the sun. I'm old enough to remember almost 20 years of fox bodies. The S197 had a good run but it's sale are slipping because of it's dated design.

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Well isn't that the point of the 2015 Mustang? To finally bring the Mustang into the modern day with an upgraded suspension? Personally I could care less. I find the solid rear axle to be a bit more fun. I don't live on a race track, nor do I drive a race track to work, or drive on a race track for work, just like 95% of all other Mustang and Camaro owners. In a way I prefer the slightly more sloppy and edgy ride. That kind of part of the fun of muscle cars and pony cars. Would a good IRS be nice? Sure, here's to hoping the 2015 is great.

At the same time, I think the 2013/14 Mustangs look absolutely stunning. I'm almost a little disappointed that they are going to move from the styling so quickly. I hope they do keep the changes minor and focus more on under the hood and suspension.

Might I also note that people were just as enthusiastic about the S197s when they came out as they were about the Camaros when they came out. I like the new Camaros too, but with so many V6s flooding the streets they are starting to look mighty boring now unless they are tastefully modded, which is the same I'd say about the Mustang (except for those 13/14s, they look good from the factory! though that will probably also grow old in time). So maybe they do need some changes to keep the look fresh, but I don't see a need for a huge redesign. Not all redesigns are for the better, for example, I'm NOT a fan of the 2014 Camaro redesign, I think it looks far worse than the previous.
I'm already getting sick of seeing Camaros. And they've only been out 4 years. I feel the same about the S197. It's a great looking car but I'm like the majority of people. I'm bored with it. I expect the S197 owners to say god I love it. it's the best ever and I hope they never stop making it. But everyone else is ready for something a little new and refreshing. I hope what ever Ford comes out with is a huge hit. I've been a mustang fan forever.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I guess the 10-14s are just considered a face lift, but especially with the 13/14s, they look to me like they are different enough and good enough looking to deserve a few more years even, but like you say, it may be because I'm a Mustang guy. Do all 05-14s look the same to the general public? If that's the case the renders don't really look THAT much more different still. Either way, I'm not against a redesign if it looks good, but it just makes mine look that much older, haha.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I'll toss in here that no matter what Ford does with the new stang, I dont see my GT500 going anywhere anytime soon. I absolutely love that car. As far as the wife's car, that's the one on the chopping block despite all of the mods. We both like the GHIG and are just waiting to see what's happening with the new model. Then again, she might just be telling me it's up for sale/trade to placate me into shutting up! Wouldn't be the first time.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:58 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Man I wish they bring back the sn95 new edges. 😔 only time will tell
Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Wait wait wait... who are the knuckleheads that said this was a render and impugned the reliability of a magazine that has been around longer than most of us?

The more I look at it now, the more I see an S197 humping a Ford Fusion - not particularly excited. Once the modders get ahold of them we'll have to see what they can do, but I'm calling it a turd, just so all of you who care so much about your opinions know where I stand.