Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

C&D 2015 Mustang Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

From my VERY humble opinion, this is the way I see it:

Pretty much every introduction of a new style Mustang I can remember, people have been up in arms about. Pretty much any new style of an iconic car, save for maybe the new Corvette, people have been up in arms about. They made the SRT Viper liveable, and people complained about that.

The good news about Mustangs, is that our aftermarket community is one of the strongest, if not the strongest out there. There will be plenty of options for adjusting the style to be what you want. People who love Mustangs and want one, will get one. People who don't care for Ford global styling, can go buy a Camaro.

I can't say Ford has taken a mis-step here, I am quite fond of the new Ford, I'm fond of Aston Martin. The Vanquish V12 is essentially a British Muscle car. Who wouldn't mind emulating a $150K car for $34K? I wouldn't.

Also, it's going to be plenty faster, lighter, and handle better than last gen. What is there to complain about? Bring it on!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andrew Christian
From my VERY humble opinion, this is the way I see it:

Pretty much every introduction of a new style Mustang I can remember, people have been up in arms about. Pretty much any new style of an iconic car, save for maybe the new Corvette, people have been up in arms about. They made the SRT Viper liveable, and people complained about that.

The good news about Mustangs, is that our aftermarket community is one of the strongest, if not the strongest out there. There will be plenty of options for adjusting the style to be what you want. People who love Mustangs and want one, will get one. People who don't care for Ford global styling, can go buy a Camaro.

I can't say Ford has taken a mis-step here, I am quite fond of the new Ford, I'm fond of Aston Martin. The Vanquish V12 is essentially a British Muscle car. Who wouldn't mind emulating a $150K car for $34K? I wouldn't.

Also, it's going to be plenty faster, lighter, and handle better than last gen. What is there to complain about? Bring it on!
actually the corvette guys are/were up in arms about the tail-lights on the new vette, with chevy moving to it's corporate style of "D" shaped tail-lights rather than the round tail-lights that the corvette has had since day 1.

I like the style of the ford corporate image, but it's just that it is completely diluted now. And once something cool goes mainstream, it starts not being so cool.

and now some images for consideration, as you can see, you don't even need to drop 34K for aston martin styling, you can get that with the fiesta:

Old 10-30-2013, 03:01 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Listen up people that is the way the car will look like every time this happens with a popular car the pictures do look like the artist renderings! Wake up its a mix between a fusion and taurus and it will be the coup version of both those cars! Any one who doesn't believe it wake up this is the sad future of the mustang! Another run of the mill car and no shelby either! And if you don't believe me just sit and watch! For me the price of a new gt is crazy and I sure as hell will not hand over my hard earned cash for this! If you want to do that to be just like everyone else who needs to have the newest thing out there its your money!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Danzcool, your damn correct sir!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Woodside782

Apex speed posted a pic on Facebook that looked like a black mustang on jack stands and front tires off. It said new mustang looks a lot like this one
Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

The great redeeming factor is that regardless of what Ford actually puts out for the front fascia, we KNOW that there will be several aftermarket options to make it unique.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Torroba
1st Gear Member

Default 2015 360 view and specs detail

Car and Driver article has some insight from Ford's press only event last week:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...l-details-news

360 view of exterior plus insight on available power train roll-outs.

What do you think?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Same thoughts as the other post with the same info.....lol.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Torroba
1st Gear Member

LOL. Didn't see that one. Bit obvious now.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I will say that render probably isn't too far off from the final product. Let's take a look at old "renders" or "concepts" and then the final product and as you can see, only minor changes are made:

SN95 Design

SN95 Concept

SN95 Final

Sn95 Edge Concept

SN95 Edge Final

S197 Concept

S197 Final

S197 Restyle Concept

S197 Final

Quick Reply: C&D 2015 Mustang Leak