Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Mustang What do you think ?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Ha, most of you will probably not remember but almost 10 years ago i was like a crazy person on these forums blaring the details of this very 2015 mustang. IRS, lighter, smaller engine etc. While most people were concerned with adding displacement to combat the upcoming camaro/challenger i was like "eff that, lets go lighter".

I think a lot of people need to understand there is a replacement for displacement...it's called subtracting weight.

Looks wise, i love it. It's a little more "japanese" in some of its lines, but that may not be a bad thing. The 2014 already looks outdated if you put them side by side.

...Still needs to be lighter.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Juntech
Ha, most of you will probably not remember but almost 10 years ago i was like a crazy person on these forums blaring the details of this very 2015 mustang. IRS, lighter, smaller engine etc. While most people were concerned with adding displacement to combat the upcoming camaro/challenger i was like "eff that, lets go lighter".

I think a lot of people need to understand there is a replacement for displacement...it's called subtracting weight.

Looks wise, i love it. It's a little more "japanese" in some of its lines, but that may not be a bad thing. The 2014 already looks outdated if you put them side by side.

...Still needs to be lighter.
I was saying that 11 years ago.

This thread just became TEKKKKKKKKK
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

Car looks good. They did a good job, the reality is this was the same reaction many people had about the 2010 +... Myself included and now I absolutely love my 11s looks.

This car will be slick in person, the rear is a bit too fast back for particular liking and it does loose its distinct and obvious look of being a Mustang. They will sell a bunch of them and many on here will own them and love them.

The reality is the car is going to have some great updates (push start, etc) that will be a huge plus... Only thing that will keep me from buying one is the horsepower mine makes and its paid off! lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I'm torn at this point. I'll have to see it in person before I decide. While I'm not enthused about the rear but it's not as bad (to me) as the 10-11 models. THe 2012+ nailed the rear end as far as I'm concerned, this looks like step back.

The nose depending on the angle almost looks glued on to the rest of the car as from some angles it looks disproportionally big and from other angles looks fine.

The interior definitely looks more busy to me although the middle vent from what I've read can be removed and replaced with gauges as needed. This will leave two functional vents in the middle dash so that is a +...

time will tell
Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Lower, wider and sleeker! I like it!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
THe 2012+ nailed the rear end as far as I'm concerned, this looks like step back.
The 05-09 were a step back technically, as they were styled after a car 40 yrs ago.

Sometime you gotta take a step back to leap forward.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

This is what happens when the design engineers don't speak up! Infact, if any of the design engineers had googled renderings of the 2015 Mustang, they would have realized that this car was inferior.

This would have been much better!

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/0...tang-rendered/

The more I look at it, the more I hate it! What a waste of what it could have been?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

My only gripe about it that is in my opinion, this mustang doesn't scream American Muscle anymore. It looks like a classy car, which is NOT bad. But I don't think it lacks the muscle factor that S197's had. However, you never know until you see some of these new mustangs modded.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:41 PM
samolet
3rd Gear Member

...page back inside perfect, but the fusion front is terrible
Old 12-05-2013, 03:59 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I personally, love it.

From a few angles from the front, I dislike it a tad bit. Mainly, due to the grille. I'd like it if they put the metallic lining like they did with the 2013/14 model in the mouth area and it'd look a bit classier. But I LOVE the way it looks. Mean, aggressive, great lines and profile. It's like a 99-04 Mustang (my favorite model years) and a 2013 Mustang banged and had a kid. The profile, especially from the rear right or left, is just sexy. I also like the interior, but I'm curious about the materials used. I wish Ford would ditch Microsoft and go with Apple. Microsoft products are just bad.

I wouldn't get the 1st model year, but I'm thinking of holding on to my GT until the 2017's show up or so. I really like my current Mustang, but I am basically in love with the 2015's. Ford did an AMAZING job with the styling, and I'm VERY glad we're moving away from the tired retro stuff. Yet, they kept some of my favorite features from the 2011-2014 generation.

Kudos, Ford!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang What do you think ?