Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:23 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

you know its funny because the v6 model i'm sure most people can afford, I work minimum wage job for a living (no college degree) but i can get a loan for 20k without much problem (pay rest in cash)(i got good credit + awesome bank) BUT WE ALL WANT THE VAIT!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

That's a ridiculous price point!

I would never spend that kind of cash for a GT.
Then again, I have never purchased a brand new car.
I cant justify taking up to a 25% value loss the second I drive off the lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnny_raincloud
That's a ridiculous price point!

I would never spend that kind of cash for a GT.
Then again, I have never purchased a brand new car.
I cant justify taking up to a 25% value loss the second I drive off the lot.
i agree, unless someones just loaded its pretty dumb to buy brand new
Old 12-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Ace89

Well the current base gt price is $30.9k and the premium is $35k. As a point of reference the v6 starts at $22.2k. So if $23k is the apparent new base v6 cost, logically the base gt could go to $32k and the premium to $37k.

The only problem with this is with the ecoboost model in between the v6 and gt, will that push the gt up higher?

When the 2015 comes out I'm sure prices will jump up, but right now I can down to the local ford dealership (DC area) and get a brand new 14 base gt for $25k. It wouldn't seem unreasonable to be able to get the base 15 gt for $30k this time next year.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:48 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ace89
Well the current base gt price is $30.9k and the premium is $35k. As a point of reference the v6 starts at $22.2k. So if $23k is the apparent new base v6 cost, logically the base gt could go to $32k and the premium to $37k.

The only problem with this is with the ecoboost model in between the v6 and gt, will that push the gt up higher?

When the 2015 comes out I'm sure prices will jump up, but right now I can down to the local ford dealership (DC area) and get a brand new 14 base gt for $25k. It wouldn't seem unreasonable to be able to get the base 15 gt for $30k this time next year.
yep, I wouldn't worry about it at all guys, unless they are nice classics, cars depreciate in value... when the s550 first comes out it will probably be a bit high, but give a couple years and I'm sure we can get great deals.... I mean seriously as Ace stated, 2014 GT (400+ horse power) can be found in some places for 25k brand new... :/
Old 12-20-2013, 07:33 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

It's really all in what you like. I HAD to have a termi, and once I got it, I was less than happy. It ran like you wouldn't believe, but the styling just wasn't for me. I still have my '06 gt, and I most likely will hang onto it or pass it down to a family member. It's not the fastest or most powerful, but I like driving it.

I can remember when then '05 mustang was released. There were mixed reviews on it as well. Change is hard for most people, but if Ford wants to keep up, they have to stay at the drawing board and keep moving forward.

I think it's a very sexy car, and for what it offers, it's well work a $35-38k price tag. If you are looking for a good deal, I don't think you should be shopping this market. Every mustang I've ever own put the suck on me (financially, lol) more than any other car. Mod this, mod that, change around......they all cost money to play.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

ya but i think people can still find a balance between having a mustang and losing all their money. I don't have much money at all and I spent thousands modding out my last mustang only to lose it all, so now I just keep a clean look with small mods and I get the best of both worlds.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

I think the new 4k UHD tvs are a great example of how its best to wait and get a good deal later.

IE: We got a LED 1080P HDTV back when they first came out for like 3-4k....then few years later and now, you can get them for under 1000$ easily. Now these new 4k tvs have come going for a pretty high price, but no doubt within a few years they price will drop dramatically.

So just another advantage to buying "slightly used", you can save a good chunk of cash, as well as retain the factory warranty. But honestly, the more I look my current car, the more I fall in love with it, this is literally my dream car and exactly how I want a car to be. Thew new s550 looks nice and I want one, but only because I want to have the latest mustang, but otherwise I think my current mustang looks way better so I might make a "pimp decision" and keep mine.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 AM
ErnestBlair

i dunno as i am not good in making estimations but interested to see the prediction of the fellow members .. is those close or not ??

Tevida Side Effects

Last edited by ErnestBlair; 10-01-2018 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vnamvet
I agree....I buy a new C7 if I had $38, 000 cash to put down. Its twice the car the new mustang is!
I'm not bald enough, fat enough or old enough for a corvette. Also my ***** is way to big.

Quick Reply: Pricing?