Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 AM
raimjob2@hotmail.com

Default will this make you change your mind?

I did a quick and rather crude addition to it and it looks very mustang to me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90465355@N07/

Last edited by raimjob2@hotmail.com; 01-02-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:21 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Here’s the underlying issue that is the reason a lot of Mustang fans are not really happy with the new design, “its ero design que’s” These ero que’s have taken the S550 Mustang from an American Muscle car “design wise” and placed it into the import/ero sports car arena “design wise”.
What do you mean by this? I just doesn't look like the current Mustang. If this has a lot of Euro design cues, so does the New Edge. I think it looks more like a combo of the New Edge and S197. Just because it has narrow headlights means nothing. The design had to move forward some time.

And just before we go any further, the Mustang was never designed as a "muscle car". Just because it can be fast, doesn't make it a muscle car. It can come with a v6 (or less) even.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
What do you mean by this? I just doesn't look like the current Mustang. If this has a lot of Euro design cues, so does the New Edge. I think it looks more like a combo of the New Edge and S197. Just because it has narrow headlights means nothing. The design had to move forward some time.

And just before we go any further, the Mustang was never designed as a "muscle car". Just because it can be fast, doesn't make it a muscle car. It can come with a v6 (or less) even.
Sorry, but trying to explain what does or does not make what is called a "Pony car" to you would take far too much time. Try looking that term up and then my post will make since to you. Not trying to be mean here, but without that it would take far too much time to write it all down for you here.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM
JimC

I don't think that the 2015 is really all that "euro". Think about it, Europe has a big fan base for the Mustang - some of the biggest Mustang clubs in the world are there, and they can't just walk down to your local Ford dealer and buy one.

So do they want a car that says "Mustang" still, or something that doesn't have any Mustang DNA in it? The car has to evolve to continue bringing new buyers, but if you look at that car and only see a Fusion then you have myopic vision.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

It looks like a mustangized bimmer - that's where they set the bar.. so says the FORD designers I know I am taking that out of context since it was to be based on a relative performance.. but I agree the Euro look is there, as is some relation to the new edge.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Red8310
1st Gear Member

Idk, i guess every mustang looks like every one of Fords big sellers. Get over it

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread-foxbody.jpg
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Sorry, but trying to explain what does or does not make what is called a "Pony car" to you would take far too much time. Try looking that term up and then my post will make since to you. Not trying to be mean here, but without that it would take far too much time to write it all down for you here.
Yeah, I know what a pony car is but just for you, here's what wikipedia says:
Pony car is an American class of automobile launched and inspired by the Ford Mustang in 1964. The term describes an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image.
You can read more in this section about what defines a Pony Car: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_ca...ning_the_class . It's pretty accurate.

The Shelby is not the definition of a Pony Car. It's the epitome of a Pony Car.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I agree with the fact that Ford has to cater to the Global Crowd (Business and $$$$). The design to me still has the Mustang look, but I'm sure they have added a little euro touch in order to make it appealing and keep it in the current market.

In time our Mustangs will become Classic Cars in the future in which I think is pretty cool..

Just my two cents..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

IMO the side view looks pretty good. The back is ok but really reminds me of a Porsche 911 quite a bit. This is an American pony car not a euro car even though ford thinks so. Now as for the front. It looks like a freaking fusion. The headlights sure they are similar but look wise not even comparable to the new edge. They are way to thin. But that is the going fashion. Like that God awful jeep grand Cherokee.

The mustang was and should continue to be a original design. Not a bunch of others and what is fashion thrown together. Now that said they need to change and grow but this euro fusion crap especially that front end.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Red8310
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
The mustang was and should continue to be a original design.
What about the new edge, fox, and sn95 looks like the original ?

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread