Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

It took me a while to figure out what I don't like about the front end. The 05-09s the hood drapes over the front of the grill. The 10-12's also had a hood extending down over the front part of the grill (that black honeycombed area). Then in 13, the front bumper cover wrapped around the grill and the hood was no longer extended to the end of the nose. So this design has been gradually sneaking in. I think for me the new headlight design and how far forward they sit is visually what I don't personally care for. I'm hoping that the Denver Auto Show will have a couple of the new mustangs so I can finally see them in person. I think that the pictures probably don't do it justice and that's why I will reserve final judgement until then and after that let my wallet do the talking.

As for the redesign and the decision Ford made to do it, change is inevitable and given that they are doing financially very well, they are making the right ones. It might upset some of the folks in the US that the design is more global, but until we are major stockholders or players at Ford, we don't really have a voice except whether we purchase the vehicle or not.

Last edited by wcgman; 03-11-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Wait! someone thanking Me?!?!
Thanks Raven but yeah, I remember the douchebagerry about the rear end of the 2010.
We locked almost every other thread and give out infractions to a bunch of hard headed bozos.

This section is gonna be like that for a while until the new cars begin to flood the Forum and its owners start to get active.
Sigh, "duchebaggery".. "hard headed bozos".. yeah, break your arm patting yourself on the back.

I could say a lot more but will refrain
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Hamidar05
Sigh, "duchebaggery".. "hard headed bozos".. yeah, break your arm patting yourself on the back.

And just when I thought moderators might be feeling a little love.....
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Hamidar05

Don't need to pat myself in the back...
And please impress us, post something worthy for a change.

Lol Jim... She hates me, can you tell?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:31 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Sometimes i see it and don't like it but sometimes i go "holy **** that looks so badass!"

like this for example
Attached Thumbnails Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread-vossen-wheels-2015-mustang-ford-.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:25 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I read today that the 2015 will make a cameo in the new "Need for Speed" movie (driven by Aaron Paul no less) just as the original 64.5 did in the James Bond Goldfinger movie back in 65'.

Last edited by potman; 03-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nathansmith50
Sometimes i see it and don't like it but sometimes i go "holy **** that looks so badass!"

like this for example
And every time I see it I think "its gonna kick Camaro's ***".....
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
If you don't like the skinny headlights, how do you ever look at a New Edge? We've had 'em before. I like the car. No, it doesn't look like the current model. It's not supposed to.

And, now just to give you nightmares, I give you the Fustang...

Hellyeaah that would be an awesome US Model Falcon. And a logical direction to go since the Falcon is no longer being manufactured in Australia.

I don't see a Fusion at all when I look at the new S550 Mustang. Is there a nod to the EVOs platform. Yes, there is. But, its also clear the lines and the rake angles are more aggressive and definitely give a heavy nod towards the Mustang. Unifying the lineup to have a distinct "LOOK" is nothing different from what the European Axis already does. And clearly if you plan to move forward then you need to let go of the past. And remember that what you see in the present will also soon become a part of the past.

The New Mustang is sexy, its modern, its sleek and its relevant to where the modern muscle car should be heading. Ford isn't Targeting Chevy here. they're taking on heavy hitters in a much more sophisticated playground. And I'm definitely excited to see it happen.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:02 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

now that you mention new edge headlights...those kind of look like new edge headlights turned upside down.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
radioguy1

And now we see the "50th Anniversary Model" on the street. It is rumored they will sell 1000 of these "50th Anniversary Model Mustangs" beginning in April. Supposedly announced at the "Birthday Celebration." It looks like they are trying the make it look more like a "Mustang" with the corral grille emblem and the rear quarter window louvers. Who knows, maybe they will take another step, before the fall, and come out with a "Mustang Model" of the "Fusion coupe"

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread