Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Our Choices

Originally Posted by mustangergt
Your right. I apologize.

everyone can and should say what they feel and this issue and all the threads are not necessary but hey...it is what it is.

I say: If you like the new Mustang and want it, buy it! If not don't...LOL
Classy response my friend!

Owning these cars is about enjoying yourself and I appreciate anyone's choices even if I sometimes can't understand them! The one that drives me crazy is when two cars are completely indistinguishable from each other and one is worth 85K and the other 285K because it has the original bill of sale with it! I don't criticize in any way that choice. It just seems to miss the point that is about the car, not the documentation. I'd rather have 3 perfect clones than one with a pedigree, .... or one clone I can afford to drive without fear of hurting its value. I'm just a car guy, not a pedigree guy, especially since like fine art even experts can be fooled! With early Corvettes and Chevys you just have to know more than the guy judging it! With the stock wheels the Corvette below fooled a lot of NCRS experts, but I would not sell it as an original as that is fraud and theft! It's just if you are creating a clone, why not do it completely right down to the last detail.

Example: On a "NON" C1 Fuel Injected Corvette there is a blocking plate that covers where an air intake hose goes on the F.I car. When you remove it to make it into a F.I Corvette it will leave a thread in where the screws held it on! That is almost always forgotten and will give away a cloned F.I. car! There are a lot more original cars out there than were ever made! LOL!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-13-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default Which Model to buy

The only thing that I am torn over on the new Mustang coming is which one to buy or want to buy. Loaded to the max GT or Shelby GT 350.
Budget is 45k to maybe 54k....of course I would rather go the least possible but want something that will make take my breathe away every time I look at it and drive it.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Classy response my friend!

Owning these cars is about enjoying yourself and I appreciate anyone's choices even if I sometimes can't understand them! The one that drives me crazy is when two cars are completely indistinguishable from each other and one is worth 85K and the other 285K because it has the original bill of sale with it! I don't criticize in any way that choice. It just seems to miss the point that is about the car, not the documentation. I'd rather have 3 perfect clones than one with a pedigree, .... or one clone I can afford to drive without fear of hurting its value. I'm just a car guy, not a pedigree guy, especially since like fine art even experts can be fooled! With early Corvettes and Chevys you just have to know more than the guy judging it! With the stock wheels the Corvette below fooled a lot of NCRS experts, but I would not sell it as an original as that is fraud and theft! It's just if you are creating a clone, why not do it completely right down to the last detail.

Example: On a "NON" C1 Fuel Injected Corvette there is a blocking plate that covers where an air intake hose goes on the F.I car. When you remove it to make it into a F.I Corvette it will leave a thread in where the screws held it on! That is almost always forgotten and will give away a cloned F.I. car! There are a lot more original cars out there than were ever made! LOL!

Wow that's the same ramble I've read before, but what does it have to do with, "what do we think of the new 2015 Mustang looks."
Just wondering, are there maybe some meds you are not taking lately, or maybe see your PHP, for new ones you should be on.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:43 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by JimC
But I'll have to post up a picture once you get your wife's Fusion pictures up Pascal!
I was kidding Jim, we're getting a Fusion but I'll post pics in OT.
Don't wanna ruin this thread.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM
DillonInCO
1st Gear Member

Saw one of the "prototypes" in person this weekend. LOVE it. I will concede that it doesn't look so much like what I'd expect a Mustang to look like, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one. The car is different, yes, but it's damn good looking. If I had the money, I'd buy one on day one...but I don't, so maybe in a couple years.

Of course we weren't allowed to sit in it, but the biggest thing that stood out to me is the quality of the interior. This one had a 3-tone tan, black and silver interior that's the classiest thing I've seen in a Ford in a long time. I also sat in both the new Camaro and Challenger, and I'm betting that for the Big 3, this car will be the car to beat.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Wow that's the same ramble I've read before, but what does it have to do with, "what do we think of the new 2015 Mustang looks."
Just wondering, are there maybe some meds you are not taking lately, or maybe see your PHP, for new ones you should be on.

Hope they make the new Mustang in sky blue! The color fits many people's personalities!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by DillonInCO
Saw one of the "prototypes" in person this weekend. LOVE it. I will concede that it doesn't look so much like what I'd expect a Mustang to look like, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one. The car is different, yes, but it's damn good looking......

That shot here, is pure sex IMO... The wheels, roofline blending in the trunk with the tilted tail lamp flows real good.
I just don't know what to make of the front end yet, looks too busy so far but again, seeing it in person might change that and aftermarket bumpers or the GT500 treatment could be just what's needed...

The most radical change in body style for me was from 93 to 94.
When they came out with the 94 with its butt ugly tail lights (to me anyway) I was scratching my head. Lol.
Same platform from 79 to 93 rendered people to want a new fresh look after that and Ford sure delivered with the SN95.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Same platform from 79 to 93 rendered people to want a new fresh look after that and Ford sure delivered with the SN95.

which is still on the same fox platform right up through 2004.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM
needmorespeed
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nathansmith50
which is still on the same fox platform right up through 2004.
Same platform yeah, but heavily modified.

Now onto the thread. I was at the Denver Auto Show that DillonInCO shows in the pics. I like the front end. A little busy, yeah maybe. A high nose, yeah not a huge fan but it's okay. I thought the tail lights and rear bumper were terrible in the pictures posted online. In person I feel it is much better. I see some Aston Martin (those cars are just pure sex btw) in the side profile. And I am a big fan of that. I think they should have tapered the nose a bit and truncated the rear bumper a bit more. Overall I like it alot. I just want to see if a GT350 will be revealed this week at the New York Auto Show. Come on flat plane V-8.

Now to fuel the retro fire. Personally, I hate retro. Can't stand it. Kill it with fire. The S197 did nothing for me and the '10 update wasn't much better. Retro is a dead end from a design stand point. I want a car that looks new and fresh and not a rehash of a 50 year old design. Classics have there place, and maybe I don't get it because I wasn't there for the "golden" days of the muscle car. To me right now is the golden days of horsepower. 662hp from the factory is nuts............Okay a little off topic.

Yeah, I'm getting one. Now which color?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

The 2015 Mustang is not a bad looking car! It is just becoming slowly more run of the mill in styling with homogenized to look like the rest of the Ford line and new cars in general. I think the Mustang should stand out or it will go the way of other cars that once had a strong, personality in styling! I don't want the Mustang to go the way of other cars we have loved like the Thunderbird plus a long list of Chevy models that are now ugly little cars with a name that was on a cool car decades ago! The issue isn't going retro, it is retaining a strong, separate personality that makes us smile when we see a Mustang go by because it is immediately recognizable as a very, cool car rather than saying, "Was that a Mustang or that other car Ford makes that looks a lot the same?"

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-15-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread