Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The New S550 2015 Mustang Discussions on the upcoming next generation of the Ford Mustang - expected to arrive in 2014 with the platform name S550. Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-11-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1983 Mustang GT Vert, 2011 Mustang 3.7L
Talking 2015 GT350 Test Mule Spotted

I was walking home from work and spotted this GT350(quad exhaust) mule driving in downtown LA. The driver was shifting at low revs so you couldn't tell if it had any type of forced induction. Based on the exhaust note, I don't believe the GT350 is going to be equipped with a flat plane twin turbo eight cylinder, as has been rumored by some for the last year. Sounds like a conventional throaty V8.

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
83gtragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #2
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Why would you want a flat-plane V8 anyway? A whole lot more NVH for no practical benefit. Flat-planes belong in Ferraris and open-wheel cars, not Mustangs.
jz78817 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

I'm starting to like that sleek look and it sounded good for a....maybe stock exhaust. It's difficult to speculate on what ford will make for models so, I won't bother to guess.

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
Why would you want a flat-plane V8 anyway? A whole lot more NVH for no practical benefit. Flat-planes belong in Ferraris and open-wheel cars, not Mustangs.
I'll take a flat plain crank if it'll allow a 5.0V8 to rev to 7600RPMS and will make 550 naturally asperaited HP like Car and Driver is claiming!
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 03-07-2014 at 07:04 PM.
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
speedycpu
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Send a message via ICQ to speedycpu Send a message via AIM to speedycpu Send a message via MSN to speedycpu Send a message via Yahoo to speedycpu Send a message via Skype™ to speedycpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
I definitely agree. Couldn't imagine my GT sounding like a ricer. Not that a Ferrari sounds bad, I just think a lot of people prefer the rumble of a big V8. Maybe that is more of an American only thing, dunno.

One thing I often though about though is if 4 cylinders had cross-plane style cranks and 2V/cylinder. I heard some testing on some and they sounded like a V8 instead of a buzz-saw. I don't know if the V6 in the current gen Mustang is a cross plane (I'm guessing it is flat-plane due to the high pitched sound) but I'd bet they'd sell more 300 hp V6's if they sounded more muscular w/ cross planes.
I'd still get the V8 anyway but whatever.

Future: Ceramic long tube headers w/ catted X-pipe, Boss 302 intake manifold, BBK 90mm TB, electric water pump.

Far future: Roush supercharger, looking for 650rwhp+

Rest in peace: Tungsten Grey 06 Mustang GT 5 speed manual w/ lots of mods. Gone but never forgotten!
speedycpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement