Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 GT PROJECT CAR PRE-ORDERED!!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
how can you preorder when ford hasn't even released pricing or options yet??
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015/
To the public. I'm sure their people who's job it is to get cars have routes of getting information that's not widely available to the public.

Bolt-ons:

1. Anyways, the first thing I'd like to see done to the new 5.0 is wider tires. Throw maybe a 295/45/19 on there or something like that.

2. Headers

3. Springs

4. Dampers

The hard stuff:

1. Supercharger

2. Rear seat delete + X-Brace

The coolest would be for you guys to turn it into a real sports car. I have a feeling Ford isn't going to mess the suspension up. This 5.0 is supposed to be BETTER than the BOSS 302. Please don't turn this new Mustang into a one trick pony.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Vivid Racing
Former Sponsor

We have a local dealership that we do a lot of business with, so our owner goes in and puts a deposit down on the first one that they will get in. He could care less about pricing, he just wants one.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
BrianMac

In all seriousness, wide body and functional scoops to cool the brakes and feed air into what I hope will be a massive supercharger. Ohhh and LOUD and LOW!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I wanna see a sweet hybrid swap for maximum fuel economies!!1

Or do all the other above stuff instead and rip the tarmac/pavement..
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
We have a local dealership that we do a lot of business with, so our owner goes in and puts a deposit down on the first one that they will get in. He could care less about pricing, he just wants one.
Gotcha, I wasn't saying price was an issue I was just saying we (the general public I guess) can't order without the pricing being released.

Anyways, the first thing I'd like to see before you add any type of supercharger is to develop some high HP/TQ rear axles. I predict that will be a weak point (as with any RWD/IRS car).

Look at the Vette, look at the SVT Cobra from 2003/2004. Those are the weak link in a high power app. Also find out about developing a TQ management system (or tweaking what it has to being with) so that it's USEABLE power. No sense making a DD car with 700 HP that can't get off the line or has to start from 3rd gear.

The first company that can develop parts to modify the 2015 stangs for more power/better handling and maintains the DD drivability and reliability will win with the new generation aftermarket parts war.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Vivid Racing
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Derf00
Gotcha, I wasn't saying price was an issue I was just saying we (the general public I guess) can't order without the pricing being released.

Anyways, the first thing I'd like to see before you add any type of supercharger is to develop some high HP/TQ rear axles. I predict that will be a weak point (as with any RWD/IRS car).

Look at the Vette, look at the SVT Cobra from 2003/2004. Those are the weak link in a high power app. Also find out about developing a TQ management system (or tweaking what it has to being with) so that it's USEABLE power. No sense making a DD car with 700 HP that can't get off the line or has to start from 3rd gear.

The first company that can develop parts to modify the 2015 stangs for more power/better handling and maintains the DD drivability and reliability will win with the new generation aftermarket parts war.
I agree. Im sure if we come to the conclusion that it is a weak point, we will mist likely work with thedriveshaftshop to develop a much stronger axle. What we end up doing to this project will all come down to what our customers really want to see, so all the input is greatly appreciated. This thread may be a tad premature, but i couldnt help but tell everyone lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Put flames on that bitch. Everything is better with flames. Also, an automatic cheeseburger dispenser.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Ok so this is not really an order but just a retainer put down as no order form filed out or placed

Ive got one too placed like this so I guess I can say mine is pre-ordered too

Last edited by Cobra Drifter; 04-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:33 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default pre order

I have one pre ordered too. My dealer who I have bought, oh say, 5 cars in the last 6 years, told me I am at top of the list. ASAP I will be going in and specify what exactly I want my pre-ordered Mustang to look like and have as for options. I did not even have to put money down yet. They did tell me it would be at their dealer though , probably in August some time. So the actual order form will be placed in May.

I know what I am doing to mine....nothing...it will be perfect as is.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

I only care that its a 15 GT and the color I want. Everything else will be changed and modified so no point in getting specific options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 GT PROJECT CAR PRE-ORDERED!!