Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:29 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
The '57 Thunderbird was a great looking car, but it was not a great success financially. Thus the '58! It happened to many cars that I liked!
You see Preacher D, that's the rub when it comes to looks, I don't think the 57 T-bird was a great looking car, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And for a company like Ford they can't afford to cater to the likes of the minority, they have to try and please the majority.
And at the end of the day, the Mustang is just like any other run of the mill production car, it needs to sell well, or the company will change and change and change it, till they finally cull it from the herd.
And after falling in love with my neighbors 69 Mach1, and finally owning my 07 vert, I hope Ford makes the right choices so the Mustang can live on.
Even if the style does not fit my liking.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
You see Preacher D, that's the rub when it comes to looks, I don't think the 57 T-bird was a great looking car, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And for a company like Ford they can't afford to cater to the likes of the minority, they have to try and please the majority.
And at the end of the day, the Mustang is just like any other run of the mill production car, it needs to sell well, or the company will change and change and change it, till they finally cull it from the herd.
And after falling in love with my neighbors 69 Mach1, and finally owning my 07 vert, I hope Ford makes the right choices so the Mustang can live on.
Even if the style does not fit my liking.
I thought my post showed I understood that!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

well, here's what Saleen is going to do to differentiate it from the ford corporate look...
Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

..I don't dislike it, but damn that looks a lot like a Camaro.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

It looks nothing like a Camaro. But it is definitely a SALEEN Signature look. They always prefer to drop the Hognose or the Shark bite front clip and go with a blacked out front.

Besides the laws of convergence will always cause similarities across all manufacturers. There's only so many ways to improve the aerodynamics without coming to the same conclusions. It's how they apply it with the sum of all components that will set it apart. And SALEEN has always done it with signature styling.

I love it.

---
Old 07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I like it mostly because it shows that there will be aftermarket options that will be able to significantly change the look...
Still not planning to get a 15+ though, need a truck or something first.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
It looks nothing like a Camaro.

Take a look at a ZL1 compared to the Saleen rendering/concept:

Still think it looks nothing like a Camaro? You don't see any possible similarities at all? The S550 looks like its lower at least and wider (maybe the track width is similar but since it doesn't look as tall it looks wider).

Last edited by 99GTvert; 07-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:52 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I think the Saleen is ugly and unoriginal. I much prefer the stock 2015 GT front end.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Take a look at a ZL1 compared to the Saleen rendering/concept:

Still think it looks nothing like a Camaro? You don't see any possible similarities at all? The S550 looks like its lower at least and wider (maybe the track width is similar but since it doesn't look as tall it looks wider).
Yes take a good look at it... Convergence factors aside. they are similar, but they are distinctly different. You can't fault two different camps for coming to the same conclusions on what works. But, clearly the hood, the ram scoop, the lower fascia and the air ducts ar not the same. The similarities are in the upper fascia and cleaarly even there...these are distinctly different. You can see for youself one is not like the other....different lights different dimensions and a different line. The horizontal on the lip of the hood and the upper bumper is more aggressive on the SALEEN. The lower Fascia is obviously more open and functional. The tuck of the front wheels under the fender is more purposeful and functional and the roofline has more of an arch to it.

To say they are the same only says you don't see the difference because you never liked the new look to begin with. Convergence only means they came to the same conclusions from very different paths leading to it. And for that you can give them a pat on the back. Because when there is only one right answer the hard part becomes how to make it different no matter how subtle that may be.

So....no.... I don't see a Camaro when I look at the SALEEN. I see A MUSTANG that has addressed aerodynamics and styling in a manner that is unique to SALEEN and along the same trajectory as the Camaro camp.

Just Saying
---
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
I think the Saleen is ugly and unoriginal. I much prefer the stock 2015 GT front end.
I'm not ragging on you; I'm just disagreeing. Please bear with me because I'm also going to jump on my soap box.

This is just me and my opinion, but to me, the Evos grille is the one that is unoriginal and ugly. The Evos grille is a direct copy of the Aston Martin; proof is in the Aston Martin Vanquish. The entire Vanquish could be mistaken for the S550 until you get close enough to see the more defining cues that sets it apart from the S550.

Sure, Ford at one time actually owned Aston Martin, but since FoMoCo set Aston free again, I personally saw no need to heist anything from their former property which is now a completely separate company again.

Astons have always had some seriously ugly massive overly exaggerated mawes of grilles. Convergence similarity cannot be attributed to this because the performance values of such ugly grilles are not so awesome that everyone else is trying to do it. Convergence due to popularity of Astons cannot be attributed neither. If you poll the consuming public, not just in America, but Europe also, you will find more people who do not like the Aston front ends.

As much as I love how Ford distinguishes itself from the competition, especially from Chevy and Dodge, I honestly have to say that I would prefer the Saleen Camaro look over that butt ugly Evos Aston Martin grille.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but from this beholder, and I am sure in the eyes of many more beholders, the Evos is ugly.
No disrespect to the hard core Mustang fans, but the S550 has a face so ugly that only a mother or the hardest core of Mustangs fans can love.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?