Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The New S550 2015 Mustang Discussions on the next generation of the Ford Mustang.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Old 04-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #41
radioguy1

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by artdohc View Post
So we have seen some information on the 2015 and I have to admit I have some things I wish Ford had done on the new Mustang. I'm interested in hearing what others were or are still hoping to see in the new Mustang. I know weight reduction is a big one, but what else?
What I am most disappointed with is the looks. It just looks like a "bunch of other cars"...... KIA, all the other FORDS, headlights like every other car.....
The Mustang has lost its "look." I know Bill Ford said "If you don't like the 2015 Mustang, you just don't like cars," but I think he is just "blowing smoke." The picture of the CEO of FORD in China says it all.....Now, it is just another FORD..... Lets hope the SVT guys do something to get the "Mustang look" back....

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, FRPP BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, DOT 4 Break Fluid, Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads, MGP caliper covers, FORD Aftermarket Chrome Wheels 9R37-1K007-A, Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18 ..2011 Mustang V6 gone
radioguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #42
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

...so what could the SVT guys do to get the 'Mustang' look back?

The GT500 in 2007 had a different grille but I don't see the front end changing much, as in that grille will probably retain the same shape and those headlights' shape will not change as they have never changed in previous SVT vehicles.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #43
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
...........those headlights' shape will not change as they have never changed in previous SVT vehicles.
Wrong 99.
Beside having a totally different bumper, the GT500 (KR and SS included) also had slanted head lamps that would not interchange with the other Mustang models.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #44
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Oh that's right, to go with the slanted grille opening.

I wonder then if they will do a different headlight for the S550..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #45
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium
Default I've heard it all racing since the 60's and the bull is always the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Thats correct. Do you need me to explain how that's possible? You "claim" you were sporting a street truck with a 650HP and almost 800Fps of torque? Did you ever think of suspension mods??? I built my car for the 1/4! You would have been tickled with a 1.7-1.8 sixty on drag radials where as I'd shoot myself in the face if I ever got a launch that **** pore out of my set-up. Full drag race suspension and a 3800 stalled auto C4 leaving off a trans brake and a 200 shot of nitrous, running on slicks nets me a 1.4 sixty. I know it's hard to understand right? Half the stuff I just mentioned you'll probably need to look up on Wikipedia to see how it works. Come on man, get to the drag strip and learn about the sport! Hell just watch a little pastime on the speed channel before you start asking questions like the one above. Anyone can run 10s and they only need to trap 116-118 with a proper drag setup. 600 horse power is only impressive if your racing on a Dyno or you can actually put the power to the ground. Your just showing how much you don't know about cars or drag racing by asking a question like that. And before you decide to argue that it can't be done just go to youtube and look up 10 second mustangs. You should be able to find about 50 videos of cars running 10s on a low 120 trap in your first five minutes of looking around. Here I'll save you the time. Here's a video of two different Mustangs doing it back to back! What is it with you new guys in this thread? Bryan claims to own a shop for 20 years but in another thread he says the 285 number of a tire isnt the width. it's the height of the tire. the 2nd number 40, 50, 60 etc. is how wide your tire is going to be??? And now your claiming to have two vehicles that made between 500whp & 650whp but you can't rap your head around a car running 10s with a 124 trap like you've never been to a drag strip??? The only thing I see you two have in common is you own bone stock cars and and a real lack of..........

I've seen countless 10 sec cars turning 13's for every reason under the sun at the events. All you do is internet blog race. Have fun but remember after all is said and done the more hp the faster the et. BTW that truck had a 150 shot & 26 pounds of boost from a Kenny bell blower, drag race prep C6 and 18" slicks scewed to the rims with ladder bars. It turned 10.7 at 134 mph
JaggedEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #46
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggedEdge View Post
I've seen countless 10 sec cars turning 13's for every reason under the sun at the events. All you do is internet blog race. Have fun but remember after all is said and done the more hp the faster the et. BTW that truck had a 150 shot & 26 pounds of boost from a Kenny bell blower, drag race prep C6 and 18" slicks scewed to the rims with ladder bars. It turned 10.7 at 134 mph
Oh brother. You really decided to reply back with that??? You've been to all these events and yet you have to ask how a 5.0 can do what I did? 18 inch slicks and the best you could manage was a 10.7@134! I don't know weather to call you a lier or just feel sorry for you. Who cares about how much horsepower someone has numb nuts if they are loosing the race? I'm no mathlete but my 10.5@123 still beats 10.7@134. But hey keep trying to impress everyone with all the cool **** you used to have??? Maybe you can tell everyone how fast your 275whp stocker is if nobody buys into the Lightning or Cobra stories!
ENGINE363 forged dart engine. 300 shot!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR Upper & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms NEW Mustang TIMES COMING.
2011 Camaro SS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #47
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

OK guys, take it to OT please.

@99: One will never know...
I got the feeling they'll try to change the look with minimum cost, thus minimum parts change.
We'll see...
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #48
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Camaros suck and break. The 2011+ mustang stock drivetrain can handle running high 9s and 600whp all day long. BlueBeast is jealous.

The new Mustang... need more informations on still... can't wait to read some reviews before making any decisions.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #49
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ItsUrFuneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
Camaros suck and break. The 2011+ mustang stock drivetrain can handle running high 9s and 600whp all day long. BlueBeast is jealous.

The new Mustang... need more informations on still... can't wait to read some reviews before making any decisions.
LOL you need a hug you goofy bastard. Now get back to the SS section before you fire up the newguy trolls again.
ENGINE363 forged dart engine. 300 shot!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR Upper & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms NEW Mustang TIMES COMING.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #50
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011,Ford,Mustang GT Premium
Sengimage ChathamHillRanch Cruzinaround Sengimage
Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post

"The Chevrolet car is named after the surname of one of the founders of the brand, Louis Chevrolet. Chevrolet was Swiss and the surname is French/Swiss-German for goat milker from the French chèvre meaning “goat” and lait meaning “milk.”

"the word "camaro" in the French-English dictionary means "friend, pal, or comrade".

Basically the name Camaro is suggestive of a goat Milkers friend for anyone that drives that vehicle. Which is probably a good reason why in the UK the Camaro will likely NOT have as vast an Audience and fan base as a Mustang.

Since everyone knows that a Friendly Goat Milker is neither classy nor an attractive look for anyone who wants a sports car.

;-)

just saying.

---

OR.....

You can use the Spanish translation for Camaro, which is descriptive of a small shrimpish creature. Many who've face off against a Camaro might agree with that terminology.

Again...just saying.

---

Previous Stangs:
68' Blk&Silver Stang;351 Windsor + AOD + 3.15's
83' Canary Yellow Stang;351 Windsor + 100/150/200 selectable shot N2O+AOD+3.55's+MSD+Methyl injection
Current Rides:
04' SRT 4..with a wicked blow off
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Spouse's wheels...2012 BMW M3 ...Yup
Hooptie: 93' Ford festiva 4sp manual

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-23-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: alternative translation
Cruzinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #51
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan67 View Post
My 2014 with Factory tune is over 450 hp. Dont take much bolt ons to hit 600 Hp. Thats why I think they should offer a rear end choice. Or hopefully build the IRS to hold 125% of stock HP rating. Cause you figure with bolts ons today most vehicles can pick 25% Hp improvements pretty easily.
and if Ford does the GT 500's or Boss's you going to see cars making mid 650's and Up for HP. (want to make a few runs to get a baseline before modding)
Funny factory specs seem to differ: 420 @ 6,500 rpm (5.0L V8 premium fuel)

Not much bolt ons to reach 600hp?.......pray do tell what they might be.

Ummmm......they allready make 650+ : 662 @ 6,500 rpm (5.8L supercharged V8 manual)

OH......please do send to OT, BB never comes to see us Tards anymore.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #52
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ItsUrFuneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Funny factory specs seem to differ: 420 @ 6,500 rpm (5.0L V8 premium fuel)

Not much bolt ons to reach 600hp?.......pray do tell what they might be.

Ummmm......they allready make 650+ : 662 @ 6,500 rpm (5.8L supercharged V8 manual)

OH......please do send to OT, BB never comes to see us Tards anymore.
Remember how SS used to get all the trolls? I think I figured out where they migrated to.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #53
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

With the variances considered either above or below the baseline target of 424 HP at the Crank... you can have numbers either below or above. Although 450 is a bit of a stretch.

Motor Trend did a Dyno test on a OEM provided 2011 GT that output 434HP at the Crank. That said you could have an assembly line model pull less than 415 HP at the Crank. This would apply towards any 2011 to 2014 GT. What the Manufacturer says it should be... usually is close but not always spot on for what you got. Also depending on other environmental factors like humidity and ambient temperatures...combined with user tweaks... like higher octane fuels or non-ethanol straight fuel. Any of these variables can effect the final outcome.

That said... its a BIG maybe on the 450 HP at the crank claim...but certainly a possibility.

Just Sayin...

---

Previous Stangs:
83' Canary Yellow Stang;351 Windsor + 100/150/200 selectable shot N2O+AOD+3.55's+MSD+Methyl injection
Current Rides:
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #54
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

I've never seen any magazine test crank horsepower. Do you have a link to the article? I've seen dyno (wheel horsepower) measurements then guesses at crank, which isn't even close to being accurate, especially since modern drive trains have less parasitic loss, and moving to an electric waterpump was likely a nice change. All of the articles I saw converting it were using some standard 15% drive train loss, which might have been fine 25 years ago, but likely is no longer accurate.

If they want to be accurate about it they should put it in a climate controlled environment, test crank, test whp, and figure out what the actual drive train loss is.

Dyno's can also read whatever the person running them wants it to read.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #55
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

http://wot.motortrend.com/mustang-po...7-v6-8060.html

Motor Trend's reveal back when the 5.0 hit the streets.

Using the 15% friction loss variable.

---

considering the transmission was a manual...and the other small factors that scavenge power.. like motor driven fan, steering pump and over sized pulleys were addressed by this time... it's likely the 15% variable was actually too conservative. The new cars are more efficient with putting down the power... so its possibly more accurate to use a 10% or maybe even a 5%. Just to be fair.

;-)

Previous Stangs:
Current Rides:
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #56
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium

I would like to see a lot of the little things that make a modern car.

Dumb things. Small details.

1: Hood struts vs. hood prop rod
2: Telescoping Tilt Wheel
3: ?
4: ?
5: ?

Basically the little details
Cervinis C-Series Body Kit With Type 4 Ram Air Hood w/ Billet Heat Extractors, Charcoal AMR 20" Wheels w/ Nittos, Painted Red Stripes, 10% Window Tint, blacked out tail lights, HID's, & Black Hood Pins. Interior: Painted And Striped Dashboard, & Sickspeed Shift ****, Pioneer Deck, JL SUB & AMP. Performance: Cervinis Side Exhaust, JLT CAI W/ BAMA Tune, GT500 Rear End (3.73's), & MT-82 Short Throw w/ Bracket. Eibach Full suspension Kit!
SD05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #57
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD05GT View Post
I would like to see a lot of the little things that make a modern car.

Dumb things. Small details.

1: Hood struts vs. hood prop rod
2: Telescoping Tilt Wheel
3: ?
4: ?
5: ?

Basically the little details
3: How about a switch to lower the rear seat headrests from the driver's seat
4: Auto-Rev matching downshifts
5: Brake Vectoring traction control that's in tune with the Electronic power steering

and

6: A HUD that can be toggled on or off with the voice control via Ford's My-sync

Previous Stangs:
Current Rides:
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #58
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinaround View Post
3: How about a switch to lower the rear seat headrests from the driver's seat
4: Auto-Rev matching downshifts
5: Brake Vectoring traction control that's in tune with the Electronic power steering

and

6: A HUD that can be toggled on or off with the voice control via Ford's My-sync
+1000
artdohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:04 AM   #59
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I'll add a couple more.....

7: A segment pioneering and leading DCT that comes optional on the GT 350 and Mach1 variants over-engineered to handle the HP/torque from the Factory and any future power mods the owners can throw at it.

8: ignore the Camaro camp entirely and gun for the Corvette in the top 3 performance ratings.... 0-60, 1/4's and VIR/LS/Streets of Willow and Nürburgring times.

Shoot a challenge across the hood of the GM flagship and finally ignore the lesser camps....and still sell the Mustang at price points that are accessible to middle class America. While having a top tier offering that finally puts the Corvette in it's shadow.

This way instead of just saying the Mustang is race proven and dominates in SCCA and NASA sanctioned track events over the GM camps. The average joe can say... The Mustang dominates on every road it travels on.

Hey c'mon.... We can all dream right?

---

Previous Stangs:
Current Rides:
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #60
mustlemn

Vehicle: 2010

I personally see a leap forward, but also some conservatism. So, I am pleased.
mustlemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement