Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:16 AM
radioguy1

Originally Posted by artdohc
So we have seen some information on the 2015 and I have to admit I have some things I wish Ford had done on the new Mustang. I'm interested in hearing what others were or are still hoping to see in the new Mustang. I know weight reduction is a big one, but what else?
What I am most disappointed with is the looks. It just looks like a "bunch of other cars"...... KIA, all the other FORDS, headlights like every other car.....
The Mustang has lost its "look." I know Bill Ford said "If you don't like the 2015 Mustang, you just don't like cars," but I think he is just "blowing smoke." The picture of the CEO of FORD in China says it all.....Now, it is just another FORD..... Lets hope the SVT guys do something to get the "Mustang look" back....

Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

...so what could the SVT guys do to get the 'Mustang' look back?

The GT500 in 2007 had a different grille but I don't see the front end changing much, as in that grille will probably retain the same shape and those headlights' shape will not change as they have never changed in previous SVT vehicles.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
...........those headlights' shape will not change as they have never changed in previous SVT vehicles.
Wrong 99.
Beside having a totally different bumper, the GT500 (KR and SS included) also had slanted head lamps that would not interchange with the other Mustang models.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Oh that's right, to go with the slanted grille opening.

I wonder then if they will do a different headlight for the S550..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 PM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Default I've heard it all racing since the 60's and the bull is always the same.

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Thats correct. Do you need me to explain how that's possible? You "claim" you were sporting a street truck with a 650HP and almost 800Fps of torque? Did you ever think of suspension mods??? I built my car for the 1/4! You would have been tickled with a 1.7-1.8 sixty on drag radials where as I'd shoot myself in the face if I ever got a launch that **** pore out of my set-up. Full drag race suspension and a 3800 stalled auto C4 leaving off a trans brake and a 200 shot of nitrous, running on slicks nets me a 1.4 sixty. I know it's hard to understand right? Half the stuff I just mentioned you'll probably need to look up on Wikipedia to see how it works. Come on man, get to the drag strip and learn about the sport! Hell just watch a little pastime on the speed channel before you start asking questions like the one above. Anyone can run 10s and they only need to trap 116-118 with a proper drag setup. 600 horse power is only impressive if your racing on a Dyno or you can actually put the power to the ground. Your just showing how much you don't know about cars or drag racing by asking a question like that. And before you decide to argue that it can't be done just go to youtube and look up 10 second mustangs. You should be able to find about 50 videos of cars running 10s on a low 120 trap in your first five minutes of looking around. Here I'll save you the time. Here's a video of two different Mustangs doing it back to back! What is it with you new guys in this thread? Bryan claims to own a shop for 20 years but in another thread he says the 285 number of a tire isnt the width. it's the height of the tire. the 2nd number 40, 50, 60 etc. is how wide your tire is going to be??? And now your claiming to have two vehicles that made between 500whp & 650whp but you can't rap your head around a car running 10s with a 124 trap like you've never been to a drag strip??? The only thing I see you two have in common is you own bone stock cars and and a real lack of..........

I've seen countless 10 sec cars turning 13's for every reason under the sun at the events. All you do is internet blog race. Have fun but remember after all is said and done the more hp the faster the et. BTW that truck had a 150 shot & 26 pounds of boost from a Kenny bell blower, drag race prep C6 and 18" slicks scewed to the rims with ladder bars. It turned 10.7 at 134 mph
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JaggedEdge
I've seen countless 10 sec cars turning 13's for every reason under the sun at the events. All you do is internet blog race. Have fun but remember after all is said and done the more hp the faster the et. BTW that truck had a 150 shot & 26 pounds of boost from a Kenny bell blower, drag race prep C6 and 18" slicks scewed to the rims with ladder bars. It turned 10.7 at 134 mph
Oh brother. You really decided to reply back with that??? You've been to all these events and yet you have to ask how a 5.0 can do what I did? 18 inch slicks and the best you could manage was a 10.7@134! I don't know weather to call you a lier or just feel sorry for you. Who cares about how much horsepower someone has numb nuts if they are loosing the race? I'm no mathlete but my 10.5@123 still beats 10.7@134. But hey keep trying to impress everyone with all the cool **** you used to have??? Maybe you can tell everyone how fast your 275whp stocker is if nobody buys into the Lightning or Cobra stories!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

OK guys, take it to OT please.

@99: One will never know...
I got the feeling they'll try to change the look with minimum cost, thus minimum parts change.
We'll see...
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Camaros suck and break. The 2011+ mustang stock drivetrain can handle running high 9s and 600whp all day long. BlueBeast is jealous.

The new Mustang... need more informations on still... can't wait to read some reviews before making any decisions.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
Camaros suck and break. The 2011+ mustang stock drivetrain can handle running high 9s and 600whp all day long. BlueBeast is jealous.

The new Mustang... need more informations on still... can't wait to read some reviews before making any decisions.
LOL you need a hug you goofy bastard. Now get back to the SS section before you fire up the newguy trolls again.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri

"The Chevrolet car is named after the surname of one of the founders of the brand, Louis Chevrolet. Chevrolet was Swiss and the surname is French/Swiss-German for goat milker from the French chèvre meaning “goat” and lait meaning “milk.”

"the word "camaro" in the French-English dictionary means "friend, pal, or comrade".

Basically the name Camaro is suggestive of a goat Milkers friend for anyone that drives that vehicle. Which is probably a good reason why in the UK the Camaro will likely NOT have as vast an Audience and fan base as a Mustang.

Since everyone knows that a Friendly Goat Milker is neither classy nor an attractive look for anyone who wants a sports car.

;-)

just saying.

---

OR.....

You can use the Spanish translation for Camaro, which is descriptive of a small shrimpish creature. Many who've face off against a Camaro might agree with that terminology.

Again...just saying.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-23-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: alternative translation

Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?