Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bryan67
My 2014 with Factory tune is over 450 hp. Dont take much bolt ons to hit 600 Hp. Thats why I think they should offer a rear end choice. Or hopefully build the IRS to hold 125% of stock HP rating. Cause you figure with bolts ons today most vehicles can pick 25% Hp improvements pretty easily.
and if Ford does the GT 500's or Boss's you going to see cars making mid 650's and Up for HP. (want to make a few runs to get a baseline before modding)
Funny factory specs seem to differ: 420 @ 6,500 rpm (5.0L V8 premium fuel)

Not much bolt ons to reach 600hp?.......pray do tell what they might be.

Ummmm......they allready make 650+ : 662 @ 6,500 rpm (5.8L supercharged V8 manual)

OH......please do send to OT, BB never comes to see us Tards anymore.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by okbfd
Funny factory specs seem to differ: 420 @ 6,500 rpm (5.0L V8 premium fuel)

Not much bolt ons to reach 600hp?.......pray do tell what they might be.

Ummmm......they allready make 650+ : 662 @ 6,500 rpm (5.8L supercharged V8 manual)

OH......please do send to OT, BB never comes to see us Tards anymore.
Remember how SS used to get all the trolls? I think I figured out where they migrated to.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

With the variances considered either above or below the baseline target of 424 HP at the Crank... you can have numbers either below or above. Although 450 is a bit of a stretch.

Motor Trend did a Dyno test on a OEM provided 2011 GT that output 434HP at the Crank. That said you could have an assembly line model pull less than 415 HP at the Crank. This would apply towards any 2011 to 2014 GT. What the Manufacturer says it should be... usually is close but not always spot on for what you got. Also depending on other environmental factors like humidity and ambient temperatures...combined with user tweaks... like higher octane fuels or non-ethanol straight fuel. Any of these variables can effect the final outcome.

That said... its a BIG maybe on the 450 HP at the crank claim...but certainly a possibility.

Just Sayin...

---
Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I've never seen any magazine test crank horsepower. Do you have a link to the article? I've seen dyno (wheel horsepower) measurements then guesses at crank, which isn't even close to being accurate, especially since modern drive trains have less parasitic loss, and moving to an electric waterpump was likely a nice change. All of the articles I saw converting it were using some standard 15% drive train loss, which might have been fine 25 years ago, but likely is no longer accurate.

If they want to be accurate about it they should put it in a climate controlled environment, test crank, test whp, and figure out what the actual drive train loss is.

Dyno's can also read whatever the person running them wants it to read.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

http://wot.motortrend.com/mustang-po...7-v6-8060.html

Motor Trend's reveal back when the 5.0 hit the streets.

Using the 15% friction loss variable.

---

considering the transmission was a manual...and the other small factors that scavenge power.. like motor driven fan, steering pump and over sized pulleys were addressed by this time... it's likely the 15% variable was actually too conservative. The new cars are more efficient with putting down the power... so its possibly more accurate to use a 10% or maybe even a 5%. Just to be fair.

;-)

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:06 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

I would like to see a lot of the little things that make a modern car.

Dumb things. Small details.

1: Hood struts vs. hood prop rod
2: Telescoping Tilt Wheel
3: ?
4: ?
5: ?

Basically the little details
Old 04-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SD05GT
I would like to see a lot of the little things that make a modern car.

Dumb things. Small details.

1: Hood struts vs. hood prop rod
2: Telescoping Tilt Wheel
3: ?
4: ?
5: ?

Basically the little details
3: How about a switch to lower the rear seat headrests from the driver's seat
4: Auto-Rev matching downshifts
5: Brake Vectoring traction control that's in tune with the Electronic power steering

and

6: A HUD that can be toggled on or off with the voice control via Ford's My-sync
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
3: How about a switch to lower the rear seat headrests from the driver's seat
4: Auto-Rev matching downshifts
5: Brake Vectoring traction control that's in tune with the Electronic power steering

and

6: A HUD that can be toggled on or off with the voice control via Ford's My-sync
+1000
Old 05-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I'll add a couple more.....

7: A segment pioneering and leading DCT that comes optional on the GT 350 and Mach1 variants over-engineered to handle the HP/torque from the Factory and any future power mods the owners can throw at it.

8: ignore the Camaro camp entirely and gun for the Corvette in the top 3 performance ratings.... 0-60, 1/4's and VIR/LS/Streets of Willow and Nürburgring times.

Shoot a challenge across the hood of the GM flagship and finally ignore the lesser camps....and still sell the Mustang at price points that are accessible to middle class America. While having a top tier offering that finally puts the Corvette in it's shadow.

This way instead of just saying the Mustang is race proven and dominates in SCCA and NASA sanctioned track events over the GM camps. The average joe can say... The Mustang dominates on every road it travels on.

Hey c'mon.... We can all dream right?

---
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
mustlemn
1st Gear Member

I personally see a leap forward, but also some conservatism. So, I am pleased.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?