Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Mishri
Yeah, they never put stripes on fancy european cars.

Please tell me that Porsche didn't do that!

And I agree, the blue wheels on that Audi looks like... yikes!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I'm guessing this was not a Factory option. It was a personal choice.

My Opinion does not matter BTW. It's just my personal choice and should have no bearing on the decision for others to place stripes on their cars. But, this thread asked for opinions and therefore I offered mine. If you are of a different opinion that's cool, too.

Stripes however are a retro thing and unless you come up with something completely unique it's not making it your own.... It's joining the "seen it been there and done that" club. The cars that are remembered are able to make a statement without relying on stripes.

The cars that intimidate and turn heads today are now "murdered out" in a Monochromatic presentation. The Murdered out black, silver, and white cars make a bigger visual impact than the passė stripes. even murdered out Kona and Grabbers would turn more heads and be more memorable.

The car shows nowadays... The younger crowd looks at the cars with stripes and decals and are like..." That's cool". Then when they see the murdered out cars slammed and monochrome... They're like "WOW"!!!

---
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Before this gets out of hand, let's just all agree that stripes (of all sorts) are just another modification, no different than wheels, spoilers, scoops, lowered suspension, tints...etc. It's your car, it makes the statement that you want it to. That is why we buy Mustangs and not Corollas.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by GTjoe49
Before this gets out of hand, let's just all agree that stripes (of all sorts) are just another modification, no different than wheels, spoilers, scoops, lowered suspension, tints...etc. It's your car, it makes the statement that you want it to. That is why we buy Mustangs and not Corollas.

Just my $0.02
Excellent post!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:09 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTjoe49

Just my $0.02
That's exactly right. Ford can offer a vinyl option. And the aftermarket can do what they do for those that like the stripes. Everyone else can just go commando.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
I'll tell you why.... You're an American dealership.... Americans like those corny stripes. And Europeans with western tastes do, too. Nuff said.

Besides ....

In the USA the stripes on the Mustangs are possibly more common than those without. So technically speaking. Adding stripes would make you mostly like everyone else. And we've seen just about every iteration of stripe on these Mustangs. The simply stated is more often than not.... The car that stands out from the crowd. And exudes just class and sophistication.

That's why.

;-)

In our current times... Minimal is more. Cleaner looking and just modern. You can choose to move forward or continue to keep a foot stuck in the mud.

---
I couldn't possibly disagree with your opinion more. At the MOST, 10% of the Mustangs in this area are striped. Technically speaking, you are simply talking out of your **** to get your opinion across and not basing it on facts.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Agreed. There are quite a few around here, but they are certainly not the majority. And Cristoff......I freaking love those stripes on yours
Old 04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Thank you!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I couldn't possibly disagree with your opinion more. At the MOST, 10% of the Mustangs in this area are striped. Technically speaking, you are simply talking out of your **** to get your opinion across and not basing it on facts.
Disagree all you want. But, your 10% figure doesn't account for every iteration of side stripe, rocker stripes, fender stripes as well as full on race stripes.

Again parked beside a murdered out variant without Stripes ... No contest.

Again my opinion is you're talking out your *** in defense of your decision for stripes... Again so been there and done that.

But, that's not to say I won't get stripes .... Maybe when I hand the current car to my kid, after I get the new Mach 1...... With all stripes deleted.

:-)

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Disagree all you want. But, your 10% figure doesn't account for every iteration of side stripe, rocker stripes, fender stripes as well as full on race stripes.

Possibly, but no more inaccurate than your statement

Again parked beside a murdered out variant without Stripes ... No contest.

Again, your opinion - not everyone's

Again my opinion is you're talking out your *** in defense of your decision for stripes... Again so been there and done that.

Again, I never defended stripes vs. no stripes. I simply corrected a few misrepresentations made by folks that do not know

But, that's not to say I won't get stripes .... Maybe when I hand the current car to my kid, after I get the new Mach 1...... With all stripes deleted.

Try and make them unique when you do.

:-)
I tried to explain myself the best I could. I can't force you to understand that Mustangs are the canvas that is just begging to be cosmetically modified.

Quick Reply: What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------