Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
socal2fast
2nd Gear Member

Arrow What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------

What do you guys think? Please post Photos.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm curious as to this as well. The new hoods already have naturally lines built into them where stripes would perfectly fit. Probably in the 10" to 12" range. I think Ford did this purposely predicting people would want to stripe the S550...
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Stripes ..... Are really a nostalgia thing. And often a kid thing.

If the Mustang is gonna be all "Growed" up. Then they might ditch the stripes.....

At least for the UK Market. Considering what they're locking their targets on.

Stripes might be a classic look but, they aren't a classy look.

Just saying.
---
Old 04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Ithink the standard ralley stripes will look great on this car. (Trunk, roof, hood, front & rear bumper) Do like they have always done and just make them a vinyl option you can order.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround

If the Mustang is gonna be all "Growed" up. Then they might ditch the stripes.....

Just saying.
---
Often a Kid Thing is a little much imho. I know some people making good money and are older and love the stripes going down the car. I think stripes are put on cars that are meant to be noticed.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Just came back from the 50th in Charlotte. And I noticed that Ford left the Rocker Panels on the bottom of the door and fenders, perfectly flat for a nice set of stripes there.
Attached Thumbnails What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? -------------------------mustang-50th-anniversary-112.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Just saying.
---
Totally agree. Aston Martin doesn't put stripes on their cars, or BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini or any other higher-class sports car.

Sure the GT3 and Scuderia's of the world sometimes have stripes, but for the most part the rest of the world has realized that stripes scream "look at me!!!" and that screaming "look at me!!!" with stickers is lame. Same reason chrome wheels have died off everywhere except the US too.

When I get the new Mustang I will not ruin its higher-end looks with cheap vinyl stripes.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by artdohc
Totally agree. Aston Martin doesn't put stripes on their cars, or BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini or any other higher-class sports car.

Sure the GT3 and Scuderia's of the world sometimes have stripes, but for the most part the rest of the world has realized that stripes scream "look at me!!!" and that screaming "look at me!!!" with stickers is lame. Same reason chrome wheels have died off everywhere except the US too.

When I get the new Mustang I will not ruin its higher-end looks with cheap vinyl stripes.
How about custom Paint? =P
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Man, some need to take a CHILL PILL out there. Stripes have always been a Mustang custom since the beginning! What do we care what fancy imports put on their cars or not. They're just overpriced wiener mobiles anyway. And they all look alike. Sorry, but stripes will always be cool on Mustangs.
Attached Thumbnails What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? -------------------------car-at-pool-for-shirt-014.jpg   What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? -------------------------new-pictures-aug-08-107.jpg  

Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 04-22-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Just saying.
---

This 50 year old loves the stripes, but in moderation. It's hardly a "kid thing". Do you yell at people to get off your lawn too?

Quick Reply: What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------