Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I tried to explain myself the best I could. I can't force you to understand that Mustangs are the canvas that is just begging to be cosmetically modified.
Oh, I understand that.

And as a Canvas there's more to it than just stripes.

Again... All very subjective and in the eye of the beholder .

;-)

As minimal an explanation as possible and yet ... it covers all the bases.

---

My opinion...

For example.... A beautiful woman presented in all her glory makes a more impressive statement than when you add a tattoo.

Sort of like stripes.

Just sayin

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Funny as hell that you say that - I LOVE me a tattooed woman!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Then you have to ask yourself what do you appreciate...???

The Tattoo or the Woman?

The Stripe or the car?

The point being.... The objectified subject should speak for herself/itself.

Not the distraction upon it.

---

IMHO

;-)
Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I concur. Some of the most iconic Mustangs of all time came with some sort of stripe package right from the factory. GT350, 500,Boss, Mach1, Etc.
Your right. Seems the complaints should start with Ford and Shelby America. Kinda funny to complain about stripes on Mustangs now, after 50 years of being on them. If they were tacky, then I would understand, but Factory Stripes have always looked classy on our Ponies.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Then you have to ask yourself what do you appreciate...???

The Tattoo or the Woman?

The Stripe or the car?

The point being.... The objectified subject should speak for herself/itself.

Not the distraction upon it.

---

IMHO

;-)

Why do you have to choose between the two. That is my whole point. Appreciate it all. None of it needs to be a distraction.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

If visually your eyes and mind are drawn to the Stripe..... Then it's a distraction.

If you can't see the car past the Stripes then what is it you're really appreciating.

There is no personalizing with stripes...it's mostly copying what the other guy has which is basically the look of a real Shelby or CS or Boss. And with those cars the stripes are the distraction in a bold screaming " here I am" sort of way.

Kids are brutally honest... You ask them hey what was cool about that car and if they say the stripes..... Then the distraction worked. If they say the car was cool... Then the car speaks for itself.

BIG difference. Makes you think if you're getting compliments on stripes instead of a car.... Hmmmm. Then what is it that's screaming out at the onlookers? Based on that compliment it ain't the car. They just can't get past the visual of the stripes. And that's the distraction.

Just like a tattoo on a beautiful woman. Does the marking make her set apart because she's somehow dirtier, nastier and riskier than the woman without it? And what would you rather stare at? Her or the tattoo?

---
Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Funny how some people see the parts rather than the whole. Kind of like a person who is distracted by one aspect of a woman rather than accepting her for who and what she is. Rather shallow ummmmm IMHO
Old 04-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

No... It's actually more a question of why ruin the beauty of it with markings and treatments that cover up the real work of art.

You want to appreciate the real thing.... Not the distraction You're placing on it.

That's where the analogy of a woman comes in. When you speak to her... Are you gonna say " you're beautiful" or " I love your tattoos"???

Like in a conversation when someone appreciates your car. I had one this morning...getting coffee. I get that's a nice car man... Looks great.... What year is it.... Did you buy it new.... Sounds awesome... Looks like it's all business.

Not I like your stripes...where did you get them done....how much were the stripes...where did you buy them from....is it a Shelby.... Is it a boss....is it a CS....

I get it's an awesome Mustang. Therefore the car has spoken for itself. Like the natural beauty of a woman. Which would be a fitting analogy since many of us here refer to our car as a "her", "she" or "girl".

A Shelby GT 500, devoid of stripes looks more visceral, menacing and no nonsense than one with the traditional stripes. The Cobra badges... The stance and the sounds and the distinct body treatments make all the impression a true connoisseur appreciates. A GT 500 on its own devoid of the stripe is basically already a "murdered out" look. And that's where the art is.... The stripe.... Kills it and makes it childish and toylike.

Boom.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:06 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I tried to explain myself the best I could. I can't force you to understand that Mustangs are the canvas that is just begging to be cosmetically modified.
Your right, and they ALWAYS will be, and ALWAYS have been. Doesn't mean we ALL have to go around plain, if we don't want to. It will always be a Personal preference, Ford Preference, Shelby Preference and Roush's....and so on and so on.

Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 04-25-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Just like a fine artist and artwork... Art is subjective.....

So are opinions and interpretations.

In the end what we all share is an appreciation for the Subject even if we don't all agree on the presentation.

----

You still won't see me purchasing the newest Mach 1 with corny stripes. I'll likely go for the Mach 1 badges.... But a minimal appearance is just more menacing looking. Real gangster like. The Hot Wheels toy approach just ain't my style.

---

Quick Reply: What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------