Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 01:57 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Opinions are like ********, everyone has one. Doesn't make yours right.
Everyone has one, and they all stink.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Which stripes act as a distraction? Which act as a complement?

Of course, if I were driving around in "A," then I obviously wouldn't give a crap what anyone else thought.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
So what you are saying is that although you can still tell it's a Mustang, it is different and unique enough that you can't really tell what model. I guess I could have striped the car from side to side instead of front to back...

Hmm, sounds like the definition of different to me. And the insult was really not that veiled.

If that's how you interpret it.

The lay terms of what I said on my first impression was you can't get past the stripe. But you could just say its a Mustang that got slapped a stripe or a stripe with a Mustang under it. And clearly speaking to a Shelby look. Hence the word Similar..If you can read then I'm sure you got that.. Unless of course you put in your own translations as you go.

Either way a literal waste of money. Funds could have been better spent elsewhere.

Just Sayin.

But I like your Shelby,, I think?

Or was that a Stripe?

;-)

---
Old 04-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
Everyone has one, and they all stink.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Which stripes act as a distraction? Which act as a complement?

Of course, if I were driving around in "A," then I obviously wouldn't give a crap what anyone else thought.
I like the ePona II in your sig....

that's speaks more about class.

However you're right...it takes a real flake to drive option "A". But then...a Hot wheels car also looks as good as option "B".

The signature car... takes the win.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

@Cristoff

I like what you did with your car. I think the Green stipe which is obviously very custom sets your stang apart from the norm. Anybody arguging that stripes are more common than not needs to walk into a Ford dealership. My guess if you're lucky you see 1 striped shelby. Every other mustang on the lot will be stripeless.

Again, stripes are for people that want to ad a custom look to their car and be noticed. Whether you like it or not, it's here to stay and has been on a small percentage of Mustangs since the beginning.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

For a minute I thought exhibit B was mine, then I saw the wheels and it doesn't have the red pinstripe that makes mine a hot wheels car and childish.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Says the owner of a striped Mustang to another...

Originally Posted by SD05GT
@Cristoff

I like what you did with your car. I think the Green stipe which is obviously very custom sets your stang apart from the norm. Anybody arguging that stripes are more common than not needs to walk into a Ford dealership. My guess if you're lucky you see 1 striped shelby. Every other mustang on the lot will be stripeless.

Again, stripes are for people that want to ad a custom look to their car and be noticed. Whether you like it or not, it's here to stay and has been on a small percentage of Mustangs since the beginning.

You're stuck on the Shelby's I guess. I've been to Ford dealerships recently...and the Mustangs(which don't comprise their entire inventory)...don't all sport a Shelby style stripe. They do however have many other types of stripes.... And maybe a few of the base models on the lot are bare *** nekid.

It seems as the times moved from the 2011-12 to the 2013-14's.... stripes became more prevalent???

I can admit...its certainly a look, but it ain't so much a custom one. Not unless you're determined to have a one of a kind stripe like Cristoff. And even then ...its a long way to go to get there. And when you deconstruct it....it's really not that different from all the rest.

Hey opinions can stink because they can really hit a chord with people who have a strong personal view on the given subject. But, if you go asking for them...like this thread did...do you really think its always going to be favorable to your own perspective? That would be naive.

Christoff has a Mustang. Some would think its a cool stripe.

Others might puke at the sight of a stripe. We're all different and allowed to have these differing personal perspectives. It keeps life interesting and the world around us diverse. That's what should be appreciated about wanting to keep the s550 stripe-less or striped. Its what floats yer boat. And when it comes to style...we're all different and can like or dislike similar thing.

Boom

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by okbfd
For a minute I thought exhibit B was mine, then I saw the wheels and it doesn't have the red pinstripe that makes mine a hot wheels car and childish.

Okay... keep the Wheels and the dark windows and drop the stripes.... and you've got my attention.

Then it would go from looking toy-like to looking all business and menacing.

Just saying.

Unless of course those stripes really make it faster? Or perhaps as functional as yer side scoops(oops umm yeah they are serving some purpose...nostalgic that is)??? Then you might be able to sell me on the idea.

;-)

---

I'll add...the single red pinstripe is actually something I might consider....as an homage to the original foxbody 5.0 with the OEM aero kits... they often sported a single red pinstripe across the body(bumper to bumper). A very minimal and yet powerful statement.

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-25-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround

Its more of a hip hop and pop culture terminology.
We don't get that here in Montana.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

OK, this thread is not doing too well and isn't about having stripes or not having stripes anyways.
It's about WHICH stripe would look good on the S550.

@Cruizinaround: You were off topic since your first post on this thread and you're still at it...
We get it, you don't like stripes... move along, nothing to see here.

Keep it on topic guys, or we'll do some creative/fun editing.
Thanks.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

My bad Pascal - On topic.

Based on the pics I have seen of the 2015 - I would think a body stripe at the UPPER crease (along the fender crease, below the windows, and extending along the upper hip line) would look fantastic.

Quick Reply: What Stripe Layout for the new Model 2015 Mustang???? ------------------------