Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > The New S550 2015 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The New S550 2015 Mustang Discussions on the upcoming next generation of the Ford Mustang - expected to arrive in 2014 with the platform name S550. Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
mustlemn

Vehicle: 2010
Default What do you think about the weight of the 2015 Mustang?

Do you think that the 2015 Ford Mustang will actually be 200-300lbs heavier?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
mustlemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustlemn View Post
Do you think that the 2015 Ford Mustang will actually be 200-300lbs heavier?
Yes, I do. It's really sad how me make cars heavier and heavier with added safety features, but yet we do nothing about the real problem, which is bad drivers.

The fed wants cars to get better gas mileage and weight plays a key role in mpg.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011,Ford,Mustang GT Premium
Sengimage ChathamHillRanch Cruzinaround Sengimage
Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

WHat do I think?

I think we need to wait for confirmation of the real specs. Even the final HP ratings haven't been revealed yet.

--
Cruzinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzinaround View Post
WHat do I think?

I think we need to wait for confirmation of the real specs. Even the final HP ratings haven't been revealed yet.

--
Ford will probably rate it at 450, I bet it makes 420 at the wheels.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang V6

i too am in the camp of we just need to wait for the official Ford numbers. And since when have manufacturers rated their HP at the wheels? You want to compare apples to apples on that, you need to compare the same type of numbers.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
mustlemn

Vehicle: 2010

moosestang what's the best balance between making cars safer and getting a better mileage? I am wondering if withing 50 years all performance cars will be EVs? Corvette C8 may be hybrid.
mustlemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
i too am in the camp of we just need to wait for the official Ford numbers. And since when have manufacturers rated their HP at the wheels? You want to compare apples to apples on that, you need to compare the same type of numbers.
???? I said they will rate it at 450. I said I BET it puts down 420rwhp. How did you get manufacturers rating their hp at the wheels from my post?

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustlemn View Post
moosestang what's the best balance between making cars safer and getting a better mileage? I am wondering if withing 50 years all performance cars will be EVs? Corvette C8 may be hybrid.
I guess it depends on the person. as you can see from my sig, I'm not afraid to go without a full roll cage and air bags all around. big brother wants to make sure nobody dies, but you are all going to die some time. I don't understand why we need harsher crush standards for roofs? For the off chance that some idiots rolls their car 20 times?

I would not want to try and design a light weight performance car in the US. We have too many stupid federal regulations for cars, with more on the way.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #9
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I personally would like to buy a high performance 3 wheeled car like the scorpion p6, but something with a roof for when it rains. I'd love to see an ariel atom type car sold in the us, but it's impossible to build such a car here. Put 3 wheels on it and it gets classified as a motorcycle and you can get around all the federal BS.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #10
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD

Still not 4685lbs. which makes me happy

Weight is not a bad thing, for a sedan it makes it feel solid, like a tank.

For something like a coupe.. not so cool!

13.3@102, stalled/tuned, 4685lbs.
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2015mustang, ford mustang