Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Top Gear reviews the new Stang, and they like it

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:24 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Default Top Gear reviews the new Stang, and they like it

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/n...ear-2014-09-17
Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

at least it was someone reasonable and not that horse-face oaf Clarkson doing the review. Else it'd have been nothing but quips about live axles and pushrods.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I like Clarkson, but he is an oaf.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:48 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

though I have to agree with most of the reviews. on the road it just feels like a much smaller car than S197, even though it isn't. More buttoned down and the "jiggling" and "clomping" out back over uneven pavement is gone.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
I like Clarkson, but he is an oaf.
Love me some Jeremy Clarkson. He's an oaf very much so only for the camera; I doubt he does his crazy stuff naturally, because if he did, he would be dead by now.
Afterall, in this vid clip, he obviously began to take corners too hard and driving too hard on purpose for comedic purposes. Anyone esle would have immediately changed their driving habits after the very first rollover

Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

I saw that episode with the Reliant Robin... Laughed my rear off. He kept rolling it over and over, and people were looking at him like he was a nut. The homemade hovercraft episode was hilarious too.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Well Motor Trend did a Shootout between the 2015 Mustang GT w track pack and the Camaro SS with performance pack.

Basically the Mustang needs a better track pack. Stiffer suspension and responsive damping would have given it a better report.

Yet another disapointment, or considering its base GT package is better than the Camaro base SS.... All Ford really has to do is offer a better set of springs and shocks and they've nailed it. And considering the Camaro performance package also costs 1k more than the Mustang's... this is a case of you get what you pay for. Sadly in order to match or better what GM is dishing out.... The Blue oval guys will need to go aftermarket since what ever Ford is offering still falls a bit short of the mark.

<Sigh>

---
Old 10-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

They are arriving at dealers for sure. Last night I stopped by Town East Ford here in the Dallas area and they had 5 of the '15s. 3 V6 and 1 GT track pack in Magnetic, on the lot. Another in the showroom (locked, couldn't look), but I could see a retro grill.

On the track pack, I couldn't get over the size of those front brakes, wow. The sticker listed a Torsen 3:73 among other things. It was stickered at $35k and change. Not bad.

To me, the Mustang looks better in person than in pics. Completely new with a nod to the '60s. There was a '12 on the lot and the difference between them was significant. The new car definitely looks lower and sleeker.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Ford's track packs have always sucked. You have to go to the aftermarket with experienced auto cross and track drivers. Ford gives people the cheapest shocks, a correct track pack would allow the Mustang to shine much brighter against BMW's and all comparisons.

I'm surprised their still pulling the same crap with this new IRS model. Erik
Old 10-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
Ford's track packs have always sucked. You have to go to the aftermarket with experienced auto cross and track drivers. Ford gives people the cheapest shocks, a correct track pack would allow the Mustang to shine much brighter against BMW's and all comparisons.

I'm surprised their still pulling the same crap with this new IRS model. Erik
It was made for the masses, comfortable. Racers change suspension, tires etc anyway. The 3.73, radiator and brakes certainly make it appealing for a person to start with.

Quick Reply: Top Gear reviews the new Stang, and they like it