Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Mustang GT | Project Black | Vossen

Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Default Picked up 2015 Mustang GT | Project Black | Vossen

Picked up Project Black last night at the dealership. So far it is a huge upgrade from my previous car. The new suspension Ford through into the S550 Mustang definitely stands up to how good Ford claimed it to be. Sorry for the poor quality photos but will upload more later when I take some pictures with my camera. I will be also doing my write up on the car within the next couple of days so stay tuned!

2015 Mustang GT

Last edited by Brian@Vossen; 10-21-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

you can really feel the difference in ride and handling vs. S197, can't you? much nicer not having 300 lbs clomping around back there.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:42 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very nice Brian, congrats!
Old 10-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jz78817
you can really feel the difference in ride and handling vs. S197, can't you? much nicer not having 300 lbs clomping around back there.
I love the way the new Mustang handles. That IRS does wonders.

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
very nice Brian, congrats!
Thank you sir!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:35 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

While stopping by for my F150 Ecoboost Screw I saw the new 2015 GT in the flesh. Eh! It isn't bad looking, but it doesn't have the looks of earlier Mustangs. I'm interested in driving one to check out the Independent Rear Suspension & the paddle shifting on the auto. The Camaro doesn't benefit much from IRS as it doesn't ride much better than a live axle Mustang. I'm sure it will make a big difference if you are racing & traction is critical when competing, but for around town I wonder how much difference it will be worth. The old straight axle corners better than most people can handle any way. I pushed my supercharged '08 around moutain roads (in safe areas) & I lost nerve way before the Mustang lost its bite!

I guess if I like the 2015 I'll buy one & put a Roush supercharger on it, & if not I'll find a low mileage 2012 to 2014 & do the same!

Incidentally, I talked to my local Ford Service Manager & he assured me that if I put a Roushcharger on a new Mustang he'll treat it like any other warranty unless there was "obvious abuse". Some Ford Service Managers actually have a brain, & no stick up their tailpipe!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. D
While stopping by for my F150 Ecoboost Screw I saw the new 2015 GT in the flesh. Eh! It isn't bad looking, but it doesn't have the looks of earlier Mustangs. I'm interested in driving one to check out the Independent Rear Suspension & the paddle shifting on the auto. The Camaro doesn't benefit much from IRS as it doesn't ride much better than a live axle Mustang. I'm sure it will make a big difference if you are racing & traction is critical when competing, but for around town I wonder how much difference it will be worth. The old straight axle corners better than most people can handle any way. I pushed my supercharged '08 around moutain roads (in safe areas) & I lost nerve way before the Mustang lost its bite!

I guess if I like the 2015 I'll buy one & put a Roush supercharger on it, & if not I'll find a low mileage 2012 to 2014 & do the same!

Incidentally, I talked to my local Ford Service Manager & he assured me that if I put a Roushcharger on a new Mustang he'll treat it like any other warranty unless there was "obvious abuse". Some Ford Service Managers actually have a brain, & no stick up their tailpipe!
You won't regret test driving it. I love daily driving it even with the manual. It's an awesome experience.

Loving it. It is getting dropped today on springs!

Old 11-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Head 2 Head. My S550 and my buddies Bagged G37.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:46 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

how can he drive that "stanced" piece of ****?
Old 11-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brian@Vossen
You won't regret test driving it. I love daily driving it even with the manual. It's an awesome experience.

Loving it. It is getting dropped today on springs!
Glad to hear you like the way it handles. I'm looking forward to driving one! One would guess there is a reason Ford went to the trouble of changing to an IRS.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Mr. D

That's because that dealer is probably an authorized/certified Roush/Whipple install shop. Service centers that have that certification will warranty the car still and parts and labor on the Supercharger like a new car warranty because of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang GT | Project Black | Vossen