Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Worries about the 2015 unjustified!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
Some dealers think they have gold with the new Mustang. Why they don't understand is winter is coming and most people aren't buying Mustangs in winter. 35k for a base is insane. I love all the new features this one has over the 2010 I traded in.
The dealer that tried to make me over pay had 10 new mustangs on their lot. That was about a month ago. I went on their website, they STILL have 10 mustangs yet, all discounted a whopping $500 lol. The place I bought mine had 4, including mine. They are all sold, and that was since last Tuesday. Nobody wants to buy a mustang in the winter. The more successful dealers don't need to mark up their vehicles.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
My local dealer won't let anyone test drive the 2015 Mustangs.....
Lame. Very lame.
Then that's a dealership you don't need to be associating with! Even though the new mustang is amazing...it's still a mustang. Wait til they've been out longer than a month or two, when they become a "dime a dozen" again, that dealer is going to regret treating customers like that. Just go somewhere else. I had no problem driving the two different '15s I looked at, even though the one wanted a lot more than sticker.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:04 AM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

My wife & I went on a Ford dealership marathon the other day, went to 5 of them. Plenty of Mustangs to choose from & no issues being able to drive them. The Mustang I plan on driving today is parked in their showroom and they were going to pull it out for me the other day even though it was raining. I told them no & that I would come back when it wasn't raining.

I've seen ads for $2,000 off MSRP on the 2015 Mustang. I should find out today what the X-plan price is for the $45,000 MSRP yellow 2015 GT Premium 50th auto that my wife wants.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:55 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Port Lavaca Ford dealer will let some people drive the new 2015, but if it's a stick and you don't know how to drive one, they are wary. I talked to my salesperson yesterday & he said he'd sold three and one guy is coming from Corpus Christi to trade in two DIB's 14's for 2 15's.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:29 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I drove 2015 GT today. I've been concerned that the changes in the 2015 would affect my liking of the car. I was wrong! I needed to see the car in the flesh to really appreciate it. I'm not sure I think it looks better than a nice early Mustang, but it looks good especially from the driver's seat. Nice hood look! The suspension changes make it a nicer riding car even when not racing it. The paddle shifting on the auto works nicely after you get used to it.

I was negative of the 2015 Mustang, but it's an improvement mainly in ride & handling. "IF" I buy one when prices calm down & put a Roush Supercharger on it & it will be amazing! A "cheapo's GT 500 with a better ride around town! (Smile) For most people the stock GT has more power than they need! Why Ford doesn't have a 5.0L with a Supercharger & big brakes amazes me! It would hurt GT 500 sales of course, because it would be a much better value then buying a Shelby with its "limited supply" price tag!
Good points; I too am holding off buying an S550 for similar reasons.
The ride and handling are an improvement as numerous magazines have discovered from first hand testing.

But for me, I too will wait for the prices to come down. I have not see many mark-ups, but the dealers are not willing to drop the price during negotiations.
Also, despite the S550 platform being a better ride and handling improvement, it is still a new platform for Mustang use.
I have faith in the Coyote engine and the MT82 which have both been in Mustang production for 5 years and thus improved during that time, but I want to see more people going out and putting their S550 Mustangs to their paces and see if common problems arise amongst everyone's experiences.

Hopefully, the findings will be that the S550 is just too solid to destroy.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:47 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally drove a 2015 GT Premium auto today with thoughts of bringing it home. It was a yellow 50th trim. MSRP $45,000. Asked for X plan discount but the dealer said the 2015 is too new to give x plan pricing.

1st impression - the seats are awesome & visibility is a little better than my 2013 GT.

The brakes are awesome, the turning radius felt like I was driving a big truck, I wasn't overly impressed with the handling & I had some curvy back roads to really test it out, the 2015 is slower than my 2013 GT but the biggest thing I felt was how heavy the 2015 GT drives. My 2010 Challenger SRT8, 2012 Camaro SS/RS & my 2014 SS Sedan all feel & drive like much lighter cars than the 2015 Mustang GT. I left feeling a little bummed because I really thought I was going to bring that shiny yellow 2015 home.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Rethinking A Supercharger

After driving the 2015 GT I'm rethinking whether or not to put a Roush Supercharger on one when I buy it especially since I'm going with an automatic this time around. The 2015 5.0L runs pretty nice stock! My supercharged 4.6L (above) was running 460 HP, but I suspect after the all the tuners & CAI's are out for the 2015 they will be running about that HP with a lot more usable torque. I might just put a tuner & CAI on it & leave it right there. Of course it will be a lot less HP than a supercharged 5.0L, but the stock 5.0L is really all the power you can actually use 95% of the time. It also looks like it will be a while before Roush OK's a supercharger for a 2015 5.0L "Automatic".... if it ever does!

So why an automatic this time around? I want to use it more for trips & in city traffic, & an automatic is more relaxing in heavy traffic driving. My wife can drive a stick shift with a heavy foot, but she'll use it more with an automatic. With myself at 72 & her at 71 we'll likely use it more with an automatic. In reality I suspect I could do faster times (0 to 80) with an automatic, & surprisingly the paddle shifters are pretty good if you want to run around the curves & backshift (if you can find a place safe to do so since they won't close off mountains roads for me they way they do for TV car shows, & I just as soon not kill somebody...including myself!). Oh decisions, decisions!!! Smile

Last edited by Mr. D; 12-04-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by heslekrants

....the turning radius felt like I was driving a big truck, I wasn't overly impressed with the handling & I had some curvy back roads to really test it out....

.....I left feeling a little bummed because I really thought I was going to bring that shiny yellow 2015 home......
Well, they didn't shave any weight off with this new platform so you're impressions aren't surprising to me.

As for bringing one home, wait till next year and see how reliable that IRS is.
Maybe the SGT 350 or a Boss, will be the catch for guys that like cornering...
Old 12-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Double post.

Last edited by Genxer; 12-07-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

I've seen a few dealers selling base GTs at a tick over $32k. Very few under $32k. Most are more than that but I filter them out of search results. Someday they too will come back to Earth. The fact that the Mustang had the best sales month since '06 doesn't help but this too will pass.

My local dealer had 12 on the lot when I checked a week ago. Most were Ecoboost and V6 models. Maybe 3 were GTs. Looks like Ford is jumping in with both feet for the 4 cyl model.

Quick Reply: Worries about the 2015 unjustified!