Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Are you referring to what looks like heat extractors on the hood scoop? I don't see any vents on the rear of the side scoops?

I know that some people might want that look. I question whether the majority of them are making the decision based on an educated decision. And I wonder just how many would commit to these add ons if they knew they were only ornamental.

Form following function is the realm of an educated consumer. If lets say a customer were to actually pop the question ...does this scoop work? And after learning it doesn't... would the cost of the accessory ornament be warranted? Actually adding this on to just have it for x amount of dollars when that money could be better spent elsewhere??? They probably wouldn't get it when someone says ...wow i bet those scoops really make the car handle better or go faster while rolling their eyes. Sarcasm is often lost to people who are lost on the form follows function concept.

I do think the front and rear fascia is really sexy. The scoops... not so much. That said.. to each their own.

Uh Huh.
---
You'd be the last person on earth I'd expect to be bitchin about scoops with all the stuff you have bolted to your car just going of that sig. Photo.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 12-08-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:51 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I think the scoops make the car look like a mustang. Ford forgot to finish the signature scoop reliefs and these complete it nicely. Also the hood scoop gets rid of the fusionesque hood styling.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
You'd be the last person on earth I'd expect to be bitchin about scoops with all the stuff you have bolted to your car just going of that sig. Photo.
You mistake my hood scoop for something that is ornamental.

An ornamental scoop is not an example of form following function. So my bitching is making a point that in today's day and age with the push to move into the modern thinking associated with modern cars...its time to LET GO of the non functional non-purposeful add-ons. I would think that Roush would have caught up to the times with this modern thinking. Especially since they are also an active racing team. Abandoning the ornamental for a more bare bones serious approach. Nostalgia is for the older cars.... moving forward...its time for purpose in the applications they provide for modern vehicles.

If its on my car... its functional. When they make a functional side scoop that actually directs air over the rear brakes and vents the excess through the rear diffuser. Then I'll buy into it. Until then you have no point my friend.

And I would never slap a hood scoop on my car if it was not directing air into the intake.

Playing make believe is not my style.

As I am older and really not going to go the route of mods for my next Mustang... I will wait until March 2015, when my dealer says they will begin to take pre-orders for the 2016 GT350. At which point all of what is on that car serves a functional purpose. SANS side scoops...because they would not be form following any function. It would be a purchase where I would not have to install the Splitters, Undercarriage aero, Diffuser, Ram air scoop and heat extractors with downforce angulation and functional wings.

This Mustang in my signature will go to my son, like my father did for me handing over the keys to my first modded fox body. Also with similar functional add ons.

If it serves no functional purpose... its nothing I'm interested in.

BTW... my hood is a Roush 2010 427R Ram Air concept that they did not bring to Market, which is a shame because as far as hoods go... this was the most functional variation they ever made to date including functional air extractors that also provided aerodynamic downforce at higher speeds. Their decision to not Market it was supposedly because it was too costly for them at the time.

So I do appreciate what can come from Roush. Just not the purely ornamental only crap.

Just saying
---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-13-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:16 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround

This Mustang in my signature will go to my son, like my father did for me handing over the keys to my first modded fox body. Also with similar functional add ons.
You've got so much **** in your sig it's hard to tell anything about your car.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 1slow67
You've got so much **** in your sig it's hard to tell anything about your car.
It opens the door for discussion. But, then again... when asked I answer.

There is a lot of **** on my car.... a lot of **** in it. And its all good.

And admitedly...my sig sucks. But my car don't. ;-)

Yup
---
Performance White 2011 GT Premium -w- Ford racing Cobra Jet Intake, Ford Racing Cobra Jet Throttle Body, Steeda CAI, and Ford Racing strut tower bracing. Magnaflow Off Road Tru-X, Magnaflow Competition Catback, BAMA Ghost Cam Tune, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter kit, Whiteline Watts Link, Airlift V2 digital suspension package, 3.55's on Staggered 20's 12x20's Rear & 12x10's Front- Forgestar F-14's wrapped in Cooper Zeon RS3-S for the Summer & Spring then swapped to Boss 302 Leguna Seca 19x10's wrapped in Pirelli Scotozero serie 3 for Winter and Fall. Equipped with Wilwood Superlite front and rear brake upgrades -w- 2 piece cross drilled and slotted rotors. The Speedshop one piece aluminum driveshaft.

Roush 427R concept ram air hood with downforce enhanced heat extraction, Steeda Tru-downforce Wing, Steeda Racing front splitter. RTR side and rear quarter splitters -w- Cobra GT 500 rear diffuser assembly -w- CDC diffuser Wing and Cobra GT500 front and rear wheel well air-damlets. Fabricated Front and rear under carriage aero panels.

Roush, Steeda and SVT references via badging and KLEARZ L.E.D. marker lighting enhancements front and rear.

The car is setup as a non-boosted NA road racer that handles like its trying to save my life. And is daily driven the way it was meant to be.

When i get the GT350 this car will be the winter daily driven car... the GT 350 will be the 3 season daily driver.

Then the keys for this will hand off to my son.

---

And there ya have it

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-15-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Clarifying signature
Old 12-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Explosive

Everybody has their own opinion on this sort of stuff its all personal preference. I think the car looks great, if it was mine I don't know I'd have every piece offered but I especially like the quarter louvers, and rocker winglets along with the hood heat extractors and rear wing. The grill looks great too IMO.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:05 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

I think the hood scoop needs to be a little deeper into the hood, like on the 2003 hood scoop. And ditch the side scoops, those look ridiculous. They look like stick-ons.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
I think the hood scoop needs to be a little deeper into the hood, like on the 2003 hood scoop. And ditch the side scoops, those look ridiculous. They look like stick-ons.
They are stick ons. So are the hood scoops.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Explosive

It's not peel and stick.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
It's not peel and stick.
The side scoops likely are...

the hood scoop could be riveted on with double sided taped as the seal.

Either way you're looking at ornamental "non-functional" stick-ons. Unless you call them functional air dams working as added drag for handling.....not.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-31-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages!