Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Performance Pack?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default 2015 Mustang options?????

I'm planning on buying a 2015 GT. Assuming I'm not interested in Track Racing, what options do you guys think are valuable for street driving! I may, or may not put a Roush Supercharger on it. A tuned stock GT will run about as fast as my Supercharged 4.6L & that might be plenty! You can only use so much power on the street... except to scare yourself once in a while... which I do like! Most of the Performance options seem like something I don't want with the exception of bigger brakes. I'd really like "INFO./OPINIONS on the options! I really don't like to pay for things I don't need like satellite radio etc. Don't listen to it. What's with the packages that require a "spoiler delete"? I don't get it!

The options for vinyl striping & other mods from seem to be no longer available from Ford! As of now, I'd like stripes similar to my last Mustang, a spoiler, a more aggressive vented hood, big brakes with an auto trans. I'd also like to get some "Old School" wheels like the mags on the Mustang picture below, but it seems hard to get them on a 2015 Mustang! Don't want "low profile wagon wheels" popular today!

What else should I consider???? Thanx for replies!

Here's my last Mustang to give you an idea of my old guy tastes:

Last edited by Mr. D; 01-19-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Believe it or not, but the 2015 does have a wheel and stripe package. It's mentioned in my 2015 brochure. A member on MCA's Facebook page has a Ruby Red GT with black or dark grey(I forget) stripes, that she bought it that way. They can probably put them on for you as well. The spoiler delete is a, stand alone, option (13D), even though most performance pack cars have them deleted. My non PP 2015 has the delete, but I see more with spoilers than without, so, they are out there. I don't know how you feel about premium options, but sat radio is standard on the premium model. The interior on the base model is light years ahead of any previous model, but the premium blows them all away.

EDIT: I stand corrected...the wheel and stripe package is just side stripes, so the girl on Facebook probably had the dealer install hers, or the dealer just did it to put stripes on.

Last edited by Csrt4to5.0gt; 01-19-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Currently the GT Performance Package only available with a manual 6 speed.... best bang for your buck IMHO!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

It depends on what you want. You can get a base GT with just the performance pack for around $36k. Or, you can get a non performance pack GT premium, with all the goodies, such as heated/cooled power seats, leather, myfordtouch, etc.for just over $36k. Or, you can get a fully loaded premium with the PP for near, or, more than $40k.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

^^^ With the X plan...I picked up my base GT with the PP and Recaro seats for 36k after taxes! ....exactly what I was looking for!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
^^^ With the X plan...I picked up my base GT with the PP and Recaro seats for 36k after taxes! ....exactly what I was looking for!
That's not bad, considering you got the Recaros. My my car is a non PP premium GT, it its msrp was $38,710. I got it for just under $36k. Even w/o the PP, it still hauls ***! I wanted the drive modes that only come with the premium.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
That's not bad, considering you got the Recaros. My my car is a non PP premium GT, it its msrp was $38,710. I got it for just under $36k. Even w/o the PP, it still hauls ***! I wanted the drive modes that only come with the premium.
Nice...I wanted a little more performance!

Is yours a 3.31 or 3.55 rear gear?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
Nice...I wanted a little more performance!

Is yours a 3.31 or 3.55 rear gear?
3.31s. When I had my 2013 GT, with 3.31s, I drove a 3.73 car...and honestly, didn't feel much of a difference, if at all, between them, so I just stuck with 3.31s again. I'm sure, in the right hands, the PP is faster, especially, on a road coarse, but in the hands of a normal driver like myself, not very noticeable. I do like the staggered set up though.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

So I'll ask again! (1.) What options do you guys think are a good deal or must have options assuming I don't want to track or race a GT? I wish it where the old days when you could order specific things instead of entire packages. I'd like tp get a GT Premium, but hate to pay for items I won't ever use!

(2.) What is the deal with some options requiring a "spoiler delete"? That makes no sense to me!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. D
So I'll ask again! (1.) What options do you guys think are a good deal or must have options assuming I don't want to track or race a GT? I wish it where the old days when you could order specific things instead of entire packages. I'd like tp get a GT Premium, but hate to pay for items I won't ever use!

(2.) What is the deal with some options requiring a "spoiler delete"? That makes no sense to me!
it all really boils down to what you're looking for!! If you want heated leather seats and a 6 disc CD player/amp....go with a Premium Model!!

If you want a more striped down version, go with the base model...which I did...BUT I added the GT Performance Package which adds a lot off goodies (3.73 gears, 6 piston calipers w/15" rotors, suspension upgrades, gauge upgrades, along with 19" wheels)...I also added Recaro seats to my order!

Also, the Performance Package comes standard with a spoiler delete!

So, a lot is up to your taste!

Personally I think the Performance Package is one heck of a deal!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Performance Pack?