Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Performance Pack?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
it all really boils down to what you're looking for!! If you want heated leather seats and a 6 disc CD player/amp....go with a Premium Model!!

If you want a more striped down version, go with the base model...which I did...BUT I added the GT Performance Package which adds a lot off goodies (3.73 gears, 6 piston calipers w/15" rotors, suspension upgrades, gauge upgrades, along with 19" wheels)...I also added Recaro seats to my order!

Also, the Performance Package comes standard with a spoiler delete!

So, a lot is up to your taste!

Personally I think the Performance Package is one heck of a deal!
Thanx for the response!

(1.)I still don't understand the reason for a spoiler delete??? Anyone have an answer?

(2.) Does anyone have any info. as how to get more flexibility in options from Ford, or is that all history today & you take one of Ford's sales room packages & forget it... period? Most Mustang type owners don't want "Three sizes fits all Mustangs, but that's what we are getting." I suppose I'll have to buy the basic car & have to modify it after delivery to get the options & want, & avoid paying for options I don't want & won't use. Ah progress!

It's like my local restaurant where a "traditional" BLT now has avocado on it at a higher price! Which would be fine as an OPTION! They tell you that you can order the BLT without avocado, but the price is the same!Today corporation profits come first, & what the customer wants is 2nd! The customer is expected to be happy with what he is given for his money!!!! Unfortunately every generation gets more used to it, which explains what is called good food today in chain restaurants! When you are buying something... demand what you want for your hard earned money, instead of just taking what is given!

Last edited by Mr. D; 01-21-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

^^^ Go to Ford's Web site and you can build your Mustang with various package options!

I ordered my 2015 Mustang GT exactly how I wanted it!!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Keep in mind aftermarket products, our rear spoiler mounts on the trailing edge of the decklid. So if you have a factory spoiler you would remove it and install our spoiler. Leaving holes in the top of the lid where the factory one was. There are some minor differences in base vs premium models as well. IE our rear valance will not fit a base car.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Try this link.....http://mt.bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-Mustang#/Style/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2015|1|1.|050A.P8A.....COU.44X.~YZKA A.PR.LESS.]
Old 01-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

^^^ Go to Ford's Web site and you can build your Mustang with various package options!

I ordered my 2015 Mustang GT exactly how I wanted it!!!!
Thanx! Glad you are happy! Been there, done that, but not as many options as in the past.... unless I'm too dumb to find them! Which is very possible! It seems that just last year I found a lot of options that could be "special ordered" from the factory. Various stripes, different spoilers & hoods. Some after market & some Ford.

Am I imagining it, or does someone remember them??
Old 01-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Try this link.....http://mt.bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-Mustang#/Style/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2015|1|1.|050A.P8A.....COU.44X.~YZKA A.PR.LESS.]
Thanx! Interesting link! I never saw that one before. I always get a different site when I build my own. Nothing but standard packages there! Cars on local lots have about $9K in added options not found there!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Mustang Accessories

Maybe I should be talking about accessories not options! ?????

Just when I was thinking maybe I am getting senile I found this related to 2014 Mustangs! It isn't the site I found before the 2015 came out, but it does show "accessories" salespeople don't seem to ever have heard of! Salesmen didn't know about these accessories in 2014 either! The site I found seemed to be things that could be ordered on a new mustang rather than "After market items" to buy through the mail. Maybe that's what I'm confused on! It was just Ford selling After Market Items... not options!

Anyone know of such accessories or options for the 2015???

http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles...erior.html?p=1

NOTE there are three pages of accessories! The site I found before had many, many more accessories or options such as various hoods, scoops, spoilers, lots of different stripe layouts, etc. The people at dealerships know nothing about them, or don't want to be bothered! "Buy something off the lot!" Some salespeople are too damn lazy/dumb to even write an order for a car. I was in a dealership & a salesman said, "We'll have to find Bill because I don't understand what options are available!" Well then FIND THE F... OUT or quit your job you lazy slug & give it to an illegal alien that isn't too lazy to work or learn something about his damn job! Yes this a rant, but these lazy "car leaner" salesmen drive me nuts! They want to make money, but are too damned lazy to learn about their product! All that time standing around doing nothing, but would they crack a Ford manual & learn something about the product they are selling!

(Apologies to any good Ford Salesman! There must be some... somewhere!)

Last edited by Mr. D; 01-22-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:23 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

^^^ Good luck
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Welcome from America

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Thanx for the response!

(1.)I still don't understand the reason for a spoiler delete??? Anyone have an answer?

(2.) Does anyone have any info. as how to get more flexibility in options from Ford, or is that all history today & you take one of Ford's sales room packages & forget it... period? Most Mustang type owners don't want "Three sizes fits all Mustangs, but that's what we are getting." I suppose I'll have to buy the basic car & have to modify it after delivery to get the options & want, & avoid paying for options I don't want & won't use. Ah progress!

It's like my local restaurant where a "traditional" BLT now has avocado on it at a higher price! Which would be fine as an OPTION! They tell you that you can order the BLT without avocado, but the price is the same!Today corporation profits come first, & what the customer wants is 2nd! The customer is expected to be happy with what he is given for his money!!!! Unfortunately every generation gets more used to it, which explains what is called good food today in chain restaurants! When you are buying something... demand what you want for your hard earned money, instead of just taking what is given!
I agree, people are more like sheep now! Stand up for yourself.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:03 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Starting from the link you posted, I found this page!

http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles....html?limit=60

But even that link doesn't have everything you said they had listed for the 2014, I for one can't figure out why they wouldn't have as many options, or accessories for the new model, as they did for the model that has been out for 10 years!
Man that really is a head scratcher!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Performance Pack?