Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Anyone with squealing brake problems??

Old 02-13-2015, 01:06 AM
boomer46

Default Anyone with squealing brake problems??

I was on another forum and there's all kinds of guys having squealing brake problems on their 2015 Stangs. Anyone on this forum having this problem?? I'm considering ordering one next month but don't know if I want those kind of hassles with the dealership these guys are having.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:36 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by boomer46
I was on another forum and there's all kinds of guys having squealing brake problems on their 2015 Stangs. Anyone on this forum having this problem?? I'm considering ordering one next month but don't know if I want those kind of hassles with the dealership these guys are having.
You still have me, boomer46! I say pull the trigger and let me track it.

Deysha
Old 02-16-2015, 06:50 PM
05roadsterguy

Default Hey Can I have you too?

Originally Posted by FordService

Deysha
I haven't noticed anything the first thousand miles, other than cold / wet squeal the first 20 seconds or Half-mile which ever comes first!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:01 AM
boomer46

Deysha
Thx Deysha, I will. Ordering late March, early April. Long story why it's taking me so long to order. If I could order it today I would but it's physically impossible due to where I am at the time & where I will be in June or July when it comes in.
Dennis
Old 02-17-2015, 10:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
I haven't noticed anything the first thousand miles, other than cold / wet squeal the first 20 seconds or Half-mile which ever comes first!
Lol! Glad you’re enjoying your 2015, 05roadsterguy!

Originally Posted by boomer46
Thx Deysha, I will. Ordering late March, early April. Long story why it's taking me so long to order. If I could order it today I would but it's physically impossible due to where I am at the time & where I will be in June or July when it comes in.
It’s ok, boomer46. As long as you get what you want, I’ll wait. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 02-17-2015, 05:40 PM
05roadsterguy

Well since it's on topic and seemingly a point of conversation, I may as well ask here. Deysha, what is the make up of the stock pads for the 2015 GTs? I could just look it up but evidently I need posts here so......

I use lots of different styles and types, depending on intent and uses of pads. I have been in the breakin period, and so have respected the boundaries that should be in place, but now that I am out, and hopefully not , so friggin busy in the near future I will let Yall know my thoughts on the stock pads in the near future. I do not intend t track this car for at least 4 years, so Spirited back country jaunts and high speed desert runs are all Ranger will experience in the near term barring any more immediate needs.

It was frozen over her this morning, and I heard some mild squealing for about 30 feet, and then never again on my 60 mile round trip to school and back. I will check the shims this weekend.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Well since it's on topic and seemingly a point of conversation, I may as well ask here. Deysha, what is the make up of the stock pads for the 2015 GTs? I could just look it up but evidently I need posts here so......
They are normal semi-metallic pads, 05roadsterguy.

Deysha
Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM
ScarletGT
1st Gear Member

I have had this issue. Seen it more often back when I lived in SC, before I moved to Detroit. It's very sporadic, i've had it happen after long drives and it is very loud. Wish i knew how to upload videos. If Ford Doesn't release a fix before Mid Summer I'm looking to do a performance brake upgrade.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Deysha
Deysha,

Forgive the out of the blue comment here, but am i to understand that you can track ordered vehicles?

-J
Old 02-24-2015, 01:09 AM
05roadsterguy

Default Still havent

Originally Posted by ScarletGT
I have had this issue. Seen it more often back when I lived in SC, before I moved to Detroit. It's very sporadic, i've had it happen after long drives and it is very loud. Wish i knew how to upload videos. If Ford Doesn't release a fix before Mid Summer I'm looking to do a performance brake upgrade.

Experienced anything beyond normal. In the last week, I have put him though his paces. Topped him out and performed some hard braking tests from 120, as well as some very spirited back country driving. The weather has been nice and the windows were down for much of these jaunts, and have had no ill effects. The only time i hear squeal is when they are dead cold and Or wet for the first 30-50 yards.

It might be a shimming problem at installation, but I took mine apart and they looked great and were properly assembled with the right lube on the shims. I am pleased with the Pads on him right now and though I know I will change them soon enough, there is no hurry or need to yet.

Hey Scarlet, No need to upgrade unless you plan on tracking your car, just buy some different pads! With the exception of many ceramics, most pads are quite cheap. There re thousands of varietys with different qualities and purposes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with squealing brake problems??