Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Order Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:43 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Default Order Wait Time

So I am sure many others are awaiting the 2015's as well. I have been waiting 4 days and it feels like a month.

Who else ordered theirs, and how long did you or have you been waiting. For giggles add in what you ordered. Mine is as follows:

Ordered 2/12/15
GT premium convertible auto in Race red
50 Year Package
3:55 gears
Voice Nav
Spare Tire
Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by vt89gtvert
So I am sure many others are awaiting the 2015's as well. I have been waiting 4 days and it feels like a month.

Who else ordered theirs, and how long did you or have you been waiting. For giggles add in what you ordered.
Congrats on your new order, vt89gtvert! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 02-17-2015, 01:09 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Who else ordered theirs, and how long did you or have you been waiting. For giggles add in what you ordered. Mine is as follows:

Ordered 2/12/15
50 Year Package
Voice Nav
Spare Tire
I got lucky dealer i found had like 100 in stock and had the Guard with track pack just like i wanted. but in the end im waiting to drive it because of the darn winter anyway ..lol So its hibernating in the garage!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 PM
05roadsterguy

Default 6 days

I was going to order one all stripped down, but the dealer found one down in Stumptown that fit my bill perfectly. I could have gotten it sooner but I went to the Superbowl, and picked it up when I got back.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Ordered 2/12/15
50 Year Package
Voice Nav
Spare Tire

Congrats on your order!
Here are the stats on my order:

Ordered 1/14/15
GT Premium, 6spd Manual in Magnetic w/ Black Interior- "Ebony"
Spec 401A,
Voice Navi
3.31 Gears (standard)
Build date 2/09/15
ETA is 3/1/15, but dealer and Ford Marketing Dept say "In Production"
I have the window sticker too.

The wait is KILLING me, haha. I've wanted to own a mustang ever since I got my driver's license and figured out what they were. So this is kinda a dream realized for me.

Any insights as to usual timelines?

Thanks,

-J
Old 02-23-2015, 03:18 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Any insights as to usual timelines?
6 weeks or so is the usual. See, the reason it takes that long is because when your order is entered and accepted, Ford already has ~4 weeks of production scheduled. You have to wait for the next rotation for your build to be scheduled. So it's roughly 4 weeks of waiting for your car to be manufactured, then 1-2 weeks for release and transport.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:09 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Hey all,

In my research i came across an additional website to peruse (spelling?). This is, of course, in addition to the Ford Etis, which is a much more detailed account of what's on your vehicle. I'd post the link, but if you google "Ford Etis" you'll go right to the browser page. This one is a tracking system within ford's website (it appears) that gives you the stages of your vehicle from "Order Processing" to "In Production" to "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" to "Delivered."

I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but it gives you a timeline and a countdown, which is nice. I'll paste the link below. Any other insights on this is greatly appreciated.

Just in case you're all wondering, the wait is STILL killing me, as excitemet builds, march 1st just seems further and further away!

http://www.cotusb.ford.com/

Check out the link above.

Have a good one, all!

-J
Old 02-23-2015, 09:44 PM
wildsailor

Paperwork filled out and my order should be entered into the system tomorrow (24-Feb-2015). Magnetic Echoboost Premium Coupe.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:03 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by kawiguy827
Congrats on your order!
Here are the stats on my order:

Ordered 1/14/15
GT Premium, 6spd Manual in Magnetic w/ Black Interior- "Ebony" ...
Thank you for the PM, kawiguy827! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by wildsailor
Paperwork filled out and my order should be entered into the system tomorrow (24-Feb-2015). Magnetic Ecoboost Premium Coupe.
Woo hoo! Congrats on your order, wildsailor! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track yours as well.

Deysha
Old 02-26-2015, 05:56 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

So, for everyone's edification, i've recieved an updated status on my vehicle. I've been informed that it has indeed, finished production on the 10th of february. However, since then, it has not yet been released for shipment, and should within a few weeks be released and shipped. I can't say i'm terribly pleased, but i don't have much choice, now do i?

Anywho, can anyone provide any insight as to why vehicles get delayed from the factory? Why might my car have not been released? Any info is helpful.

Thanks, all!

-J

Quick Reply: Order Wait Time