Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Order Wait Time

Old 02-26-2015, 06:47 PM
wildsailor

Originally Posted by kawiguy827
So, for everyone's edification, i've recieved an updated status on my vehicle. I've been informed that it has indeed, finished production on the 10th of february. However, since then, it has not yet been released for shipment, and should within a few weeks be released and shipped. I can't say i'm terribly pleased, but i don't have much choice, now do i?

Anywho, can anyone provide any insight as to why vehicles get delayed from the factory? Why might my car have not been released? Any info is helpful.

Thanks, all!

-J
In what way is it stuck? Has it exited the plant to the yard? Is it still in the plant?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

So, for everyone's edification, i've recieved an updated status on my vehicle. I've been informed that it has indeed, finished production on the 10th of february. However, since then, it has not yet been released for shipment, and should within a few weeks be released and shipped. I can't say i'm terribly pleased, but i don't have much choice, now do i?

Anywho, can anyone provide any insight as to why vehicles get delayed from the factory? Why might my car have not been released? Any info is helpful.

Thanks, all!

-J
That is proprietary information from the plant, kawiguy827. Such info will not be released.

Deysha
Old 02-27-2015, 09:49 AM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
That is proprietary information from the plant, kawiguy827. Such info will not be released.

Deysha
Not to be rude, but why not? It concerns a car that I ordered. I want to make sure that there isn't some inherent defect that would cause the car to be less than desirable? If you can't post it publicly, that's fine, PM me, but "it's being held for reasons I'm not allowed to explain" doesn't really cut it for me. Is there anyone else i should talk to?

Thanks for your time and help,

-J
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Not to be rude, but why not? It concerns a car that I ordered. I want to make sure that there isn't some inherent defect that would cause the car to be less than desirable? If you can't post it publicly, that's fine, PM me, but "it's being held for reasons I'm not allowed to explain" doesn't really cut it for me. Is there anyone else i should talk to?

-J
I don't know about your specific vehicle, but I can say that finished cars don't ship right after they're released from the plant. They're held until enough cars which are going to the same place are built and ready to ship.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:51 AM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
I don't know about your specific vehicle, but I can say that finished cars don't ship right after they're released from the plant. They're held until enough cars which are going to the same place are built and ready to ship.
Something like that makes sense to me, and i'd have no issue with that. My issue is derived from being kept in the dark, that's all. The "we can't tell you" is what bothers me. But thankfully, Deysha over there at FordService, has been very gracious in researching the issue and telling me as much as she knows. It's just a waiting game from here out. The car is built, now it's just waiting to get to my driveway.

-J
Old 02-28-2015, 07:54 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Something like that makes sense to me, and i'd have no issue with that. My issue is derived from being kept in the dark, that's all. The "we can't tell you" is what bothers me.
-J
it may bother you, but the information you want just might not be available.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

2011 MY
Order date - 17 May 2010, delivered 3 July 2010
2014 MY
Order date - 17 May 2013, delivered 5 Sept. 2013
It will get there when it gets there !!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:47 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

-J
Unfortunately no one will have this information, unless they work at the plant, kawiguy827. I know this if frustrating for you, but yours is already on a railcar. It’ll be there before you know it.

Deysha
Old 03-03-2015, 04:50 PM
GigaHz

My got ordered today. A GT with perf package.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GigaHz
My got ordered today. A GT with perf package.
Congrats, bud!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Wait Time