Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Order Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Rfausnau

Originally Posted by MustangGTPremium
I ordered on 02/28/2015, estimated delivery: 04/14/2015. About 6~7 weeks

Congrats man, but I'm not going to lie this makes me a little mad at Ford. I ordered my GT on 1/26/15, a month before you, it finished production on 3/31/16 just like yours, and is STILL awaiting shipment. I don't get it!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Victorpopoff

Yes, I'm getting anxious and it's only been it's only been eight days! If it takes too long I may just wait for the 2016's! But then I'd have to wait again. It seems the dealers have lots of automatics and only a very few manuals.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:16 AM
MustangGTPremium

My Mustang finally here!
https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-...ally-here.html
Old 04-14-2015, 08:22 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Victorpopoff
Ok but I don't see that I'm able to PM you yet as I'm new to the forum. Should I just put the info in a post? My dealer is Galpin Ford.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Snowbird
I was able to PM at around 30 posts or so... Might want to run over to the new member forum and welcome some folks to the group to get that post count up.
I’ve seen some be able to do it after 10, some after 15, guys. Keep trying.

Originally Posted by Rfausnau
Congrats man, but I'm not going to lie this makes me a little mad at Ford. I ordered my GT on 1/26/15, a month before you, it finished production on 3/31/16 just like yours, and is STILL awaiting shipment. I don't get it!
It was just released from the plant yesterday, Rfausnau! It should go to await shipment soon and ETA should update. Be sure to PM me for an update.

Originally Posted by MustangGTPremium
My Mustang finally here!
Woo hoo!! Congrats, MustangGTPremium!

Deysha
Old 04-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Victorpopoff

Default No driving modes with non premium ecoboost?

[QUOTE=FordService;8477514]Woo hoo! Welcome and congrats, Victorpopoff! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

I just realized today, along with my salesman, that the performance package does not include the driving mode selections. I'm told that my ecoboost with performance package will be stuck in "Normal" mode. Why call it a performance package when important performance items are left out?
Now I have a choice of canceling my order or spending about 5k more just to get that. I don't really care about the better sound system, leather, better tires and wheels (because they already come with the PP) etc..
Very frustrating. Maybe I'll get a V6. That was my original idea because it sounded so much better than the four banger. Just have to vent about this!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
JimC

I just realized today, along with my salesman, that the performance package does not include the driving mode selections. I'm told that my ecoboost with performance package will be stuck in "Normal" mode. Why call it a performance package when important performance items are left out?
Now I have a choice of canceling my order or spending about 5k more just to get that. I don't really care about the better sound system, leather, better tires and wheels (because they already come with the PP) etc..
Very frustrating. Maybe I'll get a V6. That was my original idea because it sounded so much better than the four banger. Just have to vent about this!
As I understand it the 3.7L V6 has fewer options and is only available as a base model - no performance package or other upgrades.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Snowbird
1st Gear Member

Yeah and if you are getting the V6 because it sounds better than the Ecoboost, check out the V8!! :-)
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Victorpopoff

[QUOTE=JimC;8477965]As I understand it the 3.7L V6 has fewer options and is only available as a base model - no performance package or other upgrades.

Thanks Jim. Maybe you or someone on this thread can shed some light on the performance package/premium features on the Ecoboost. The Ecoboost with the performance package comes standard with the selectable steering modes.
But unless you order the Premium package and the 201A option you do not get the, Normal, Sport, and Track modes. My Ford dealer tells me that because I'm getting a manual transmission I'm not missing out on anything regarding the selectable driving modes. According to him the driving modes only work with the automatics. Is this true? Anyone with firsthand knowledge about this?
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:04 AM
JimC

Your dealer is probably correct. The "normal, sport, and track" I think just change the transmission tuning for the automatic. At least that is what my 2013 does.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:45 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

The Selectable Driving Modes feature is standard on the EcoBoost Premium (200A and 201A), Victorpopoff. It’s not part of the Performance Package. Also, please PM me with your VIN or your dealer’s name and order number so I can check on it.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 04-15-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Order Wait Time