Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Can you add Nav if it doesn't have it???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM
jayrod075

And also, would one from a '14 work in a '15?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jayrod075
And also, would one from a '14 work in a '15?
absolutely not. The '14 has an older electrical architecture.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:43 PM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

Do you think it would continue to work as long as it isn't plugged in at the dealership? What if I were to take the module out if I were to bring it in and then put it back in afterwards?
Thanks for all your info so far.
that is a lot of work just for navigation. plus you would then be giving up all future updates.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:15 PM
jayrod075

Well, just got off the phone with the dealership. A little background info first... My dad bought the car yesterday and was told it had navigation. Get in the car to leave and I'm showing him how everything works and boom it doesn't have navi. I have an f150 that has navi so I know how it works. Well he went back to the dealership today and raised hell over being told it had something it didn't.

Now the dealership is saying they are ordering the module from Ford and SD card and will install it. I'm still pretty skeptical but I'll keep you guys posted. They said it would only be like $120 to add it but I'm sure they will end up eating the cost.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

Well, just got off the phone with the dealership. A little background info first... My dad bought the car yesterday and was told it had navigation. Get in the car to leave and I'm showing him how everything works and boom it doesn't have navi. I have an f150 that has navi so I know how it works. Well he went back to the dealership today and raised hell over being told it had something it didn't.

Now the dealership is saying they are ordering the module from Ford and SD card and will install it. I'm still pretty skeptical but I'll keep you guys posted. They said it would only be like $120 to add it but I'm sure they will end up eating the cost.
does the window sticker for the vehicle list navigation. if so the dealer may just have lost the SD card. if it does not then you are out of luck.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:29 PM
jayrod075

Originally Posted by topangler25
does the window sticker for the vehicle list navigation. if so the dealer may just have lost the SD card. if it does not then you are out of luck.
It doesn't say navigation. Dealer swears they are ordering the module and sd card from ford to add it. Again, I'm skeptical but I'll let y'all know what happens.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Snowbird
1st Gear Member

It doesn't say navigation. Dealer swears they are ordering the module and sd card from ford to add it. Again, I'm skeptical but I'll let y'all know what happens.
Wow, that's insane... What happens in a situation like that where they said it had something, but it didn't?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:13 AM
MustangGTPremium

Originally Posted by topangler25
navigation cannot be added after the fact. the dealer does not have this capability. yes, your car has everything it needs if you have mytouch. yes, you have a sd card slot but there is a VIN specific software activation and if your was not built with it you can't get it. if you managed to take the APIM, the control module, out of a car with navigation it would work up until the point any of the vehicle's modules require an update. at that point the software would recognize that the VIN does not match and would revert back to factory settings. by the way, a new APIM costs more than the navigation feature.
That's too complicated for me LOL, how about this cheaper, better screen position for drive safty, simple!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:25 AM
jayrod075

Originally Posted by MustangGTPremium
That's too complicated for me LOL, how about this cheaper, better screen position for drive safty, simple!

At this point it's more of a principle thing involved. They shouldn't have salesmen running around selling cars with features they don't have.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

At this point it's more of a principle thing involved. They shouldn't have salesmen running around selling cars with features they don't have.
And of course people could say, no one should sign the papers on a $35,000-$45,000 car before knowing exactly what said vehicle has as far as packages and options, I know I wouldn't.

Quick Reply: Can you add Nav if it doesn't have it???