Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Can't order anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
D you already know factory packages are rigid, otherwise the Ford website would list the various options, but as the wheels go, a good dealer will some times work with you and swap wheels from another car on the lot, I've seen it at my local dealer more than once.
Yah, of course you are right in general, but I've seen major manufacturers make "easy" exceptions that they don't advertize to the public.

I'm not very familiar with what's going on with the GT 350. 1. Is it one rigid package, or are their options within the GT 350 package other than the obvious ones like color, etc? 2. Are the 1st ones coming with the 5.2 Flat Crank Engine. It will have to be a great engine to out perform the 5.0 Coyote. I guess it is to attract the European that wants a Ferrari but isn't weathy. I wish the GT 350 included a "double clutch" automatic. Too expensive!

Last edited by Mr. D; 05-17-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:32 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Yah, of course you are right in genera, but I've seen major manufacturers make "easy" exceptions that they don't advertize to the public.

I'm not very familiar with what's going on with the GT 350. 1. Is it one rigid package, or are their options within the GT 350 package other than the obvious ones like color, etc? 2. Are the 1st ones coming with the 5.2 Flat Crank Engine. It will have to be a great engine to out perform the 5.0 Coyote. I guess it is to attract the European that wants a Ferrari but isn't weathy. I wish the GT 350 included a "double clutch" automatic. Too expensive!
Actually I never care enough to special order before, so I may very well be wrong, and there might be as you say easy things they could customize for a person, if so I wish you luck on being able to get as much as you can the way you want it right from the factory.
As far as the GT350 I only know a little from what is on the web, but all are supposed to have the 5.2, the rest I will just have to wait and see.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

AK, I finally found a good source of info. on the 2016 GT 350. Zowee, It's really seriously aimed at competition & will be a great car. Too much car for me! I think it's a lot of it's competition geared design doesn't fit my personal needs especially since I think I want to try an automatic this time. That rules it out right there.

I think I'm back to buying a GT 5.0L Coyote automatic & adding the "after market" mods I want like a Roush Supercharger, shock tower brace, top quality shocks & a vinyl stripe package & whatever else. It might give a GT 350 a race until we get to the turns & then..... I run out of gonads anyhow! Maybe I'll buy one of each & screw my kids out of some of their inheritance!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:34 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I think I would have to tell you to hold off on the aftermarket dampers, cause there is a very good chance you will like the factory ride as is.
As far as the tower strut brace, of course hold off to see what will fit over the supercharger, if it will fit the Ford firewall to tower brace is what really tightens up the front.
With the stripes, I think you had you're dealer do the last set, see if you like any from the accessoriespage.
And if you can get them separately the Roush stage 3 hood vents, and duck tail spoiler look pretty sweet.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I'm sure you've seen this:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

I've been through that before with shock tower braces, etc. with my last Mustang. The brace is a necessity with that much torque. The 4.6L supercharged twisted the front end of the car without the shock tower brace. I found a brace that was just like the GT 500 brace for less that half the price. Ford parts are ridiculous. I needed a Ecoboost fancy decal for my F-150. $87. from the dealer, $12. over the internet! I guess I'm cheap, & that's why I build my own Mustangs. I suspect I'll get the Mustang I described for about $42K Plus taxes after everything is added.

The '08 below was $32K while GT 500's were running in the low 50's. Everyone should do whatever makes them happy.

(See the shock tower brace!)

Last edited by Mr. D; 05-17-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:11 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
This is the STB that matters not that silly thing going over the engine. If your car was a PP it will have the long steel on in the picture if it doesn't have that it has the short plastic one. Put the long steel on on FIRST. Then buy the cosmetic one of course having it functional might not matter to you.

This is the factory one I was talking about, it looks like it hooks to the firewall as well as the towers, to really help stiffen it.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
This is the factory one I was talking about, it looks like it hooks to the firewall as well as the towers, to really help stiffen it.
Thanx for the info. If you put a Roush Supercharger on you need to stiffen the front end. The 2015 should be a lot stiffer, but my 2008 twisted dramatically at only 460 HP without the tower brace. The new Roush Supercharger could be around 627 HP. so the front end will have to be pretty stiff. It's almost ridiculous to want more HP than the stock GT which as about what my supercharged 4.6 L was, but more is never enough for some of us. When you can get that much HP with no real downside, why not. Back in the day, big HP meant a car that was hard to drive in traffic. Now a supercharged car drives like as smooth as any other car. I wonder how smooth the Flat Crank motor will be? With all the varible timing & cam elements it will probably be smooth too.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:44 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanx for the info. Deysha!

Questions:

1. Are packages like the California package "rigid" when you "order" a Mustang GT? Example: Is it possible to order a Mustang GT with the California Package deleting the 19" wheels? Some of us old guys prefer the ride of 18" Wheels!

2. Will customers be able to order Ford stripe kits & spoilers by themselves on Mustang GT's?

3. Is the Pony Package available on a Mustang GT?
Yah, of course you are right in general, but I've seen major manufacturers make "easy" exceptions that they don't advertise to the public.
I'm not very familiar with what's going on with the GT 350. 1. Is it one rigid package, or are their options within the GT 350 package other than the obvious ones like color, etc? 2. Are the 1st ones coming with the 5.2 Flat Crank Engine. It will have to be a great engine to out perform the 5.0 Coyote. I guess it is to attract the European that wants a Ferrari but isn't wealthy. I wish the GT 350 included a "double clutch" automatic. Too expensive!
You’re welcome, Mr. D! There is no California Package this MY, but for the most part you’re not able to swap options in packages. You can speak with your dealer for more specific info, and here are the available stripes for the 2015 Mustang. Also, there is no Pony Package for the 2015 MY. You can see all the available packages here by picking the vehicle and clicking on “View all standard and optional equipment.” At this time the only correct information available on the 2015 GT350 is this.

Originally Posted by vincep99
Thanks for the feedback!

I did indeed go to a different dealer and it was no problem for him to order exactly what I wanted. He said it will be here late July. I assume it will be a 2015 but when I got my last one in April of 2006 it was a 2007 model.
It should be a 2015, vincep99. Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can check on it for you.

Deysha
Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Bradrulz

Just placed my order tonight for a 2015 GT Premium in Competition Orange and automatic. Used Ford X-Plan
Old 05-21-2015, 02:16 PM
TruthJuice

Originally Posted by Bradrulz
Just placed my order tonight for a 2015 GT Premium in Competition Orange and automatic. Used Ford X-Plan
Any options? Care to share your price?

Quick Reply: Can't order anymore?