Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

I am so depressed with my car right now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:06 PM
n813ca

Default I am so depressed with my car right now!

So I am very very picky as far as scratches and such on my car. If there is a door ding I will see it every time I walk by it... Well this is what I found! It is getting worse. I have only driven the car 1,000 miles. It is right above the driver front wheel. I took it to the local Ford and they said they would send the pictures to Ford but that he has no say in the matter... This is my first Ford and until now I was very happy. Even when I found out that the factory put in the wrong seat cushion.... I truly hope they will do the right thing and fix this. Sadly it is a loose loose situation as if it does get fixed I loose the factory paint... Thoughts anyone!
Attached Thumbnails I am so depressed with my car right now!-up2.jpg   I am so depressed with my car right now!-up1.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 10:52 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

factory paint means nothing, if they do a good job the quality is usually better than factory. i cant really tell from your pics what is going on there
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I see the white specs. You might want to take it back to the dealer.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:45 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by n813ca
So I am very very picky as far as scratches and such on my car. If there is a door ding I will see it every time I walk by it... Well this is what I found! It is getting worse. I have only driven the car 1,000 miles. It is right above the driver front wheel. I took it to the local Ford and they said they would send the pictures to Ford but that he has no say in the matter... This is my first Ford and until now I was very happy. Even when I found out that the factory put in the wrong seat cushion.... I truly hope they will do the right thing and fix this. Sadly it is a loose loose situation as if it does get fixed I loose the factory paint... Thoughts anyone!
If they don't treat you fairly start a claim with your state's DMV! In most states they control who sells cars! They won't like it!
Old 06-06-2015, 03:55 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
factory paint means nothing, if they do a good job the quality is usually better than factory. i cant really tell from your pics what is going on there
I am with ^..what exactly are we looking at?
Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 PM
golfertp

I feel for you...I have had my vert for a few months now (love it), but when it came in, I went to the dealer to pick it up and the guy unloading it wasn't careful, chain slipped, and hit the side panel right above the driver's side rear wheel...Dented in a spot where they could not just pop it out...Dealer was great about it and they fixed it at a time of my choosing (I just had to drive it off the lot that day!). They did a great job.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:09 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by golfertp
I feel for you...I have had my vert for a few months now (love it), but when it came in, I went to the dealer to pick it up and the guy unloading it wasn't careful, chain slipped, and hit the side panel right above the driver's side rear wheel...Dented in a spot where they could not just pop it out...Dealer was great about it and they fixed it at a time of my choosing (I just had to drive it off the lot that day!). They did a great job.
Whats so great about that???? They forced you to take ownership of damaged car! That little ding repair is probably showing up on carfax already and lowering the value of your car.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:12 AM
RakChef

I am with him, they baited you on that one. I know you were excited to finally get the car but probably should of just purchased another one/ You should check the vehicle history report to see if it shows up or not.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:45 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Whats so great about that???? They forced you to take ownership of damaged car! That little ding repair is probably showing up on carfax already and lowering the value of your car.
Not saying it couldn't happen, but my 07 had some small chips and a blem on the front bumper, fixed by dealers body shop to perfection, and car had totally clean carfax report.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Glad it worked out for you. I had a friend at work that had a lot boy back into a light pole and did minor damage. He took the car off the lot and got zinged on the Carfax by taking delivery.

Quick Reply: I am so depressed with my car right now!