Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Beware of Bama "performance"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:52 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I understand your frustration. I purchased a Roush TVS system a couple years ago (not from AM). I had tons of problems on initial startup, but eventually worked with Roush, and a few friends here on this forum to figure things out.
I get why you started these threads, and I support you doing that. If you don't feel that the people at the company are helping you, this is a good place to "escalate" the problem quickly.
However, I do not support you jumping on OTHER people's threads to bad mouth AM. You used this forum as a tool, Will responded to you on a Sunday. You can't use the forum to get their attention and then not give them the opportunity to do anything.
You joined this forum just to call out a sponsor...
Old 08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I understand your frustration. I purchased a Roush TVS system a couple years ago (not from AM). I had tons of problems on initial startup, but eventually worked with Roush, and a few friends here on this forum to figure things out.
I get why you started these threads, and I support you doing that. If you don't feel that the people at the company are helping you, this is a good place to "escalate" the problem quickly.
However, I do not support you jumping on OTHER people's threads to bad mouth AM. You used this forum as a tool, Will responded to you on a Sunday. You can't use the forum to get their attention and then not give them the opportunity to do anything.
You joined this forum just to call out a sponsor...
You called it correct. When I spend nearly 10,000 dollars, and now looking at nearly 12 grand due to the flub tune. I take it very seriously. Not to mention not being able to drive the car.
Not too concerned with offending someone right now.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:38 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by AMWill
Hey Bill,

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the tune supplied by Bama for their supercharger package - this is an unusual circumstance as they have tuned a ton of these kits with great results, on the street and track. I would love to take a look into this further and get you all squared away. At your earliest convenience, can you please shoot me over a PM me your contact info and order info and I will have Bama's lead calibrator reach out to you first thing tomorrow morning as unfortunately the office is closed today (Sunday). If you need anything at all, I'm just a PM away and although I know this entire ordeal is frustrating, I'm sure we can get you smiling again- no matter what it takes.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.

-Will
I don't think I have PM privileges on this forum. SO I don't want to give out my personal info on a public message.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:24 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Let me notify admin for pm stuff...i think min posts is like 15 or 20.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
I don't think I have PM privileges on this forum. SO I don't want to give out my personal info on a public message.
I completely understand! Instead of waiting for an admin to get you setup with PM privileges, shoot me over an email direct at william.levantovsky@americanmuscle.com and I will do what I can to get you smiling again!

-Will
Old 08-03-2015, 09:14 AM
JimC

Bill, you should have PM capability now.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Explosive

Auto or manual ? Whipples tune is working the best from what I've seen. Especially with autos.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:10 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

My first thought when I see these kind of posts is... why the hell dont people take a supercharged car to get dyno-tuned???? Find a reputable shop in your area and get it tuned by someone who has their hands on the car.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:17 AM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05slpGT
My first thought when I see these kind of posts is... why the hell dont people take a supercharged car to get dyno-tuned???? Find a reputable shop in your area and get it tuned by someone who has their hands on the car.
Some of us people live in Boondock USA and do not have that available. I'm not supercharged yet. I did take my car to the only "reputable" dyno in the area. F'd it up so bad when done I had to replace several parts, return to stock, order a mail order tune and now all is fine.

If Ford can program thousands of cars with the same factory tune - why cant a tune from someone like (Bama, SVE, Steeda, etc) work on the same year, model car if the mods are the same? The only thing that could affect it really is elevation...but the stock tune still has no issues so I don't get it.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:16 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

All cars are built the same but once the owner takes over things start changing. Then we start adding mods and the parts aren't necessarily exactly the same and the installers might have things a little different. The driver might drive like an old lady or they might treat each stop light like a drag race. so on and so forth.
So an off the shelf tune for a car that has actually been driven and modified won't necessarily give you the best results. In some cases the results can be disastrous.

Quick Reply: Beware of Bama "performance"