Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Beware of Bama "performance"

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 02:15 PM
BillQuantrell

Update on my situation...

The Ford dealer sent my PCM to whipple for their calibration. Once we had the PCM re-installed after reflash the car runs flawlessly and absolutely no complaints from me. Pulls unbelievably hard.

In the meantime American Muscle made things right on their end and sent me a refund for the SCT device and tune.

I spoke with Whipple and they tell me there are about ten other people who bought the BAMA kit experiencing the same issue and had to get bailed out by sending out their PCMs for the whipple recalibration.

I spoke with Paul from Bama and he basically told me that they hadn't figured out how to tune this setup yet. SO WHY THE HELL DO THEY PUT IT ON THE MARKET FOR SALE? I'd like to know.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:35 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by whatsup62
Holy S@%t!!!!!
I just ordered a base tune from them to get more familiar with Bama....I was to point where I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the whipple myself... Phew!!! I will be watching this closely. Might start looking at the pro- charger again.
Definitely go with the Whipple. Here is the update on my Bama situation...

The Ford dealer sent my PCM to whipple for their calibration. Once we had the PCM re-installed after reflash the car runs flawlessly and absolutely no complaints from me. Pulls unbelievably hard.

In the meantime American Muscle made things right on their end and sent me a refund for the SCT device and tune.

I spoke with Whipple and they tell me there are about ten other people who bought the BAMA kit experiencing the same issue and had to get bailed out by sending out their PCMs for the whipple recalibration.

I spoke with Paul from Bama and he basically told me that they hadn't figured out how to tune this setup yet. SO WHY THE HELL DO THEY PUT IT ON THE MARKET FOR SALE? I'd like to know.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:51 PM
mlawdawg
1st Gear Member

Bama enjoys a great reputation. Dealers, however usually suck at installing stuff like this. Should take to a reputable shop like Alternative Auto or Paul's High Performance, for example, in Michigan
Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
Definitely go with the Whipple. Here is the update on my Bama situation...

Good info...Thanks
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Phillip123
1st Gear Member

Damn i love the Bama!
http://www.nocarnofun.com/out-of-thi...in-11-seconds/
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 AM
RCS02v6

No follow up? I would have liked to hear the outcome.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Coyote_hpr

Damn glad you got your car running man. Its weird though how they aren't able to tune for a supercharged mustang, yet promote their products and say that they can tune for forced induction setups. That being said my car is tuned by bama and im on e85. Car runs amazing at cruising speeds and wot. Even on initial start up with it any datalogs of car it ran great. So moral of story is n/a bama tune=good f/i tune=bad.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
Not too concerned with offending someone right now.
Wrong statement champ. Nobody is THAT special here, not even you.