Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Beware of Bama "performance"

Old 07-31-2015, 08:18 PM
BillQuantrell

Angry Beware of Bama "performance"

Just purchased an 800 hp Whipple based kit from American Muscle, tuned by BAMA. Ford dealer installed the supercharger, loaded the Bama tune from the SCT X4 device. Took the car out for a spin and the car drove terrible. At low speeds or cruising, the car bucked and surged like a mechanical bull. Called Bama, they said that the tune on the SCT is just the "startup" tune. They tell me to datalog and send them the datalog so they can make corrections. So the ford tech runs a datalog. We send it to Bama, they send back the revision......and the damn car won't even start! They say datalog some more. We do that. Get the third tune back and loaded....car starts but get CEL and all kinds of error codes, traction control light etc........
Now I'm forced to abandon Bama and go with Whipple for tuning. We have to pull all the accessory parts that came with the BAMA package (plugs and fuel system), send the car PCM to Whipple for their flash, and get the fuel system and plugs specific to the Whipple package. Spending an extra 1200 dollars on top of the extra money I lost in the extras from the BAMA package.
Bama has refused to answer my calls and will give my Ford dealer the complete runarounds. Bama has failed to return my emails as well....
THis is a criminal outfit.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:08 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Eagerly awaiting BAMAs reply to this thread.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:55 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

You actually thought they could tune for a Whipple when they have trouble tuning bolt ons? Shame on you.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:08 PM
BillQuantrell

The Ford dealer shipped my ecu to Whipple to get flashed with their tune . Hope it works. I would think that the company that makes the sc would have a driveable tune for their own product. Now if their tune is inoperable, will I be able to have a dyno tuner overwrite the Whipple tune? I'm not sure since I'm used to Being able to remove a tune with my sct
Old 08-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Phillip123
1st Gear Member

I'll keep you company
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Eagerly awaiting BAMAs reply to this thread.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:46 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Holy S@%t!!!!!
I just ordered a base tune from them to get more familiar with Bama....I was to point where I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the whipple myself... Phew!!! I will be watching this closely. Might start looking at the pro- charger again.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:24 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by whatsup62
Holy S@%t!!!!!
I just ordered a base tune from them to get more familiar with Bama....I was to point where I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the whipple myself... Phew!!! I will be watching this closely. Might start looking at the pro- charger again.

I don't think it's Whipple.. I believe the problem lies with BAMAs tuning talent. Whipple offers it's own ecu reflash, which I'm waiting for.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:15 PM
JimC

Well, I haven't had any problems with my Bama tunes. When my car was NA they had one of the best tunes that I tried on it.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:36 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by JimC
Well, I haven't had any problems with my Bama tunes. When my car was NA they had one of the best tunes that I tried on it.
Wish I could say the same. The ford dealership spoke with the Whipple company in trying to get a resolution to my ****ty BAMA tune, and the Whipple guys said there is another BAMA/AMerican Muscle customer who installed the same kit I did with the BAMA tune and had the exact same issues. So I'm not the only case. I'm sure sweating it out until I get my ECU back from WHipple with their flash.... hoping it drives after that.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
Just purchased an 800 hp Whipple based kit from American Muscle, tuned by BAMA. Ford dealer installed the supercharger, loaded the Bama tune from the SCT X4 device. Took the car out for a spin and the car drove terrible. At low speeds or cruising, the car bucked and surged like a mechanical bull. Called Bama, they said that the tune on the SCT is just the "startup" tune. They tell me to datalog and send them the datalog so they can make corrections. So the ford tech runs a datalog. We send it to Bama, they send back the revision......and the damn car won't even start! They say datalog some more. We do that. Get the third tune back and loaded....car starts but get CEL and all kinds of error codes, traction control light etc........
Now I'm forced to abandon Bama and go with Whipple for tuning. We have to pull all the accessory parts that came with the BAMA package (plugs and fuel system), send the car PCM to Whipple for their flash, and get the fuel system and plugs specific to the Whipple package. Spending an extra 1200 dollars on top of the extra money I lost in the extras from the BAMA package.
Bama has refused to answer my calls and will give my Ford dealer the complete runarounds. Bama has failed to return my emails as well....
THis is a criminal outfit.
Hey Bill,

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the tune supplied by Bama for their supercharger package - this is an unusual circumstance as they have tuned a ton of these kits with great results, on the street and track. I would love to take a look into this further and get you all squared away. At your earliest convenience, can you please shoot me over a PM me your contact info and order info and I will have Bama's lead calibrator reach out to you first thing tomorrow morning as unfortunately the office is closed today (Sunday). If you need anything at all, I'm just a PM away and although I know this entire ordeal is frustrating, I'm sure we can get you smiling again- no matter what it takes.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.

-Will

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of Bama "performance"