Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?

Old 08-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Its a new car. The dealer will be in the best option to answer questions related to options, pricing, and ordering. You will have to order thru them anyway so might as well have them answer your questions. If you dont like the available options then really "Too bad". Bitching on a forum isnt gonna change the available options and packages from Ford.
Boy, are you whipped! "Can I buy a $45K car if I'm real nice & polite!" The problem is many dealers aren't very helpful! Most just want you to buy a car off the lot & don't make them work to hard. To order a car you have to learn something about the car & Ford paperwork. I've run into salesman that wouldn't even order a car! One dealer won't even talk to you about a car until you giving them all your personal information up front.

On the contrary to what I've been saying, I went to the dealer that is selling $46K MSRP Mustangs for $71K trying to just figure out some of the options based on the Monroney stickers because they are the only volume dealer in my area with 214 Mustangs. A really nice salesman wouldn't leave me along even though I politely told him I wasn't serious about buying a Mustang. He stuck with me & tried his best to be helpful in giving me information even after I told him I was not going to buy a car again so not to waste his time! I won't buy a Mustang there, but I'm going to send him a $25 Restaurant Gift Certificate for treating me nicely! All salesmen are not alike! The guy I'm going to order the car from has sold me three cars, & many more for people I've sent to him. He treats people fairly & with respect & gives me very, very low prices. In my irritation towards the problems in ordering a Mustang I didn't mean to imply that "ALL" salespeople & dealerships are bad. The salesman I'm talking about sold the model that had a $25K premium over MSRP for $7K over MSRP, & he said he didn't feel good about it, but he isn't the sales manager. He is even having trouble digging up ordering information, but he did get me the price of $4400. for the wheels I want from the parts manager! He just shook his head!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-09-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

If you don't like that dealers attitude then go to a different dealership.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
If you don't like that dealers attitude then go to a different dealership.
Did you even read my post? I've been to different dealerships. I've traveled 100 miles away to find someone at a dealership that knows something & the best information I got came from this forum. The only thing I didn't do, which I should have, was try to contact someone at Ford Motor Company. Likely they would have referred me to a dealer! So I didn't get the car I wanted & a salesman was to lazy to make a commission, & of course that is all my fault! What else is new!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:36 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

You might be able to have Ford find you a 2015 that matches how you would have built one, using the links at the end of the build and price.
I have never tried as, it's easier for me to just check inventory of the four dealerships in Alaska, if you didn't want to give Ford your info, you could just enter different zip codes from around you area to search inventory your self
One thing to note if you like the 50th anniversary appearance package, it can only be ordered on a premium model, now I will agree with you in that all packages should be available on both basic and premium, that they aren't is clearly done just to up sell for more profits.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Thanx AK, I'm checking into that now! Had I known the info. I now know it would have been easy to order what I wanted, but believe me I got zero help from numerous salespeople. I've not got one useful piece of info. from any source but you guys on the forum. It's appreciated!

Below are 4 wheels that were available on a GT Premium in 2015! Slowly I've been finding the names of them by myself. The dealers have no clue, & could care less! "I don't know, but let me show you what I have on the lot!" I've been left with an attitude like the Vietnamese University! Phuc U. I'm about ready to give up & build a '56 Chevy! I'm going to call Ford Customer Service & see if they give a Chit! They'll probably tell me to go see a Ford Dealer!

Any one know the names of the two wheels with no names shown below?

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-10-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Anyone know the Ford Ordering Names for the wheels below that have no names? They all appear on 2015 Mustang GT Premiums, but it was easier to find Bin Ladin than to get this info. from a Ford Dealer!

Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 AM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

All you need is in the brochure:

Old 08-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Where have you been Mark Thorn!

Before I saw this posting I called Ford Customer Service to get some help this morning & the only help I got is they gave me the URL for the 2015 Brochure. DUH! Why didn't one salesman tell me to go on the web & look at a brochure? I should have thought of it too, but I didn't realize how good the "Online Brochures are today!" It answers alot of questions, & I won't order a Mustang until the 2016 Brochure is available. Again if I made my living selling cars I would have gotten the buyer in a cubicle & shown him the brochure. The brochure lets you pick the options you want & then shows you what wheels come with a GT, or GT premium! Before I started teaching I worked in a store on commission when that was done, & I worked 14 hours a week & made more in commissions than the guys that worked 40 hrs. It's all about trying to figure out how to "give every customer what they wanted", rather than to lean against the building & wait for a customer to just point at a car on the lot....... & then "pressure sell him into signing his name".

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-10-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

These are on my buddy Joe's yellow 15
MRR makes these wheels
http://blog.vividracing.com/announci...k-or-graphite/
Old 08-11-2015, 02:46 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Yo D, just for you.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/brochures/

I forgot, home page for 2016, including build and price.
Damn I'm just too nice.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/

Last edited by AK_Kayaker; 08-11-2015 at 03:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?