Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Which Mustang Factory Wheel??

Old 08-29-2015, 04:06 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Thank you Mark.
After seeing those real world pictures, I also will say old school, as they are not black like Ford lists them.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Markthorn,

Are those 18" wheels?

My confusion is "Build & Price" shows the wheel with black paint with a small amount of silver showing through... but when you click on it the wheel on the car looks like what is on the blue Mustang in your post! Ford salesman are useless in getting an answer as to which wheel is going to come out on the car ordered. The modern wheel is standard I know, but the other wheel which is a $155. option is the question! Is it black like the selection box, or silver like the picture of what it will look like on the car???? You'd think Ford would have caught this! Also the "Ingot Silver" choice looks nothing like it does in reality. It's hard to tell what the "over the top stripe" will look like too! Is it glossy black, matte black, or what? The interactive function of "Build & Price" is quite good, but the photography really sucks! Who approved the photographs!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Thank you Mark.
After seeing those real world pictures, I also will say old school, as they are not black like Ford lists them.
Ak, that's my point! Are Mark Thorn's pictures what you get when you select that option shown as mostly painted black in the selection box? What is shown in the $155. selection box & then what is shown on the car don't look like the same wheel. Which do you get on a 2016 Mustang as the $155 option? The wheel with the black paint, or the one on the picture of the Mustang like MarK Thorn's picture? No one from Ford seems to know! It would be nice to know what the hell a person is ordering!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-29-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:29 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

The pictures are actually my car in my driveway.
What you see on the "Build & Price" are infographic representations (3D modeling).
Trust me, those wheels ain't black.

And yes sir, those are 18" wheels.
You probably can see real ones on the parking lot of a dealer near you.

If you need more pictures, PM me and I'll send you what you want! ; )

Last edited by MarkThorn; 08-29-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:55 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

D using the process of elimination, I'm betting Mark got package 051A, which includes 18" Foundry painted wheels, they were the only 18" wheel option for v6's, and the brochure shows the same wheels as an option for the GT.
Then if you go to build and price for 2016, the choice of 18" wheels remain the same from the previous year, so I feel comfortable saying with very high probability, that if you order, what you are calling old school, you will get the same wheels as Mark has pictured on his car.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:06 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Right on AK!
It was the same thing with the wheels of my 2014 Premium.
The wheels looked black on the web site and finally, they were exactly the same color scheme as my new ones.
Let's say slightly darker grey.

Last edited by MarkThorn; 08-29-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkThorn
The pictures are actually my car in my driveway.
What you see on the "Build & Price" are infographic representations (3D modeling).
Trust me, those wheels ain't black.

And yes sir, those are 18" wheels.
You probably can see real ones on the parking lot of a dealer near you.

If you need more pictures, PM me and I'll send you what you want! ; )
Thanks Mark, that's what I needed to know! Appreciated! I want the 18" wheels for the ride of the 50R series tires.

Later I might pop for the 50th Anniversary wheel with a 255/50/19 for a better ride, but as I said that will be about another $2100. & old guys don't spend that kind of money on just a difference in wheels style easily. I wish Ford would sell me a Mustang with the wheels & tires I want. I think they should only put the 40R series tires on with the Performance Package or as an option. Most people would rather have a better ride than some super car handling around corners they won't use. That kind of driving will put you in a wreck eventually! Every young guy buying a Mustang should watch that Youtube video where a guy loses a Mustang showing off & goes up on the curb into a crowd of people! No one hurt, but not because of the "manchild" driving the Mustang like a spoiled 9 year old! "Burn outs" are fine... when there is no one around to hurt but yourself!

Love this wheel! Of course someone with a 50th Annversary Mustang will be offened if it's on a lowly regular GT. I should have been paying attention & bought a GT with this wheels as an option before they were gone! Oh well, it's only money!

Found the 50th Anniversary Wheel!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-29-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CEHollier
Mr.D - For anything near $2,100.00 you can get some very nice after market rims in 19" or 20". What color is your car? Most come in silver, black, or some grey variant. You can accent accordingly.
When I look around at other makes, to my tastes Mustang has very poor wheel choices, & so even then many are locked up with entire packages that the customer might not want. I see factory wheels on 2015 Mustangs I really like, but Ford makes it impossible to buy them. You can't get them unless you buy a Preformance Package, BUT that's not available with an auto transmission... so you can't buy them at all! DUH! It seems such an easy option add on which should be made into a big deal! There are quite a few newer Ford Stock wheels I like,... but try to buy them if they are not black for the murder/stealth look for kids! So, I'll buy the standard wheels & then spend my wheel money with some after market business other than Ford! Smart business Ford! It's all about assembly line convenience & you know how hard it would be to roll up a different set of wheels & bolt them on for a substantial extra option fee? "Customers are Job number one!" What a joke that is today!

I bought what has always been an old standard BLT Sandwich the other day! It is now made with avocado on it! Ok! I didn't want avacado, so they left it off, but I had to pay for it because there was only one key for a BLT on the register! Ah, customer service today! Ya! I know it's my fault for wanting what I want when someone takes my money! Just hand them your wallet & take what they give you!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:10 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Find me best looking 18 or 19" Wheel

Guy's, I'd really appreciate your help in finding a really nice looking "silver" 18 or 19" wheel! I ordering a 2016 & I don't like any wheel Ford will "allow" me to buy 'WITHOUT" having to buy a package.

Here's my favorite wheel BELOW, so I like a 18 or 19" wheel somewhat like this one, maybe at a better price! BELOW is the 50th Anniversary Wheel! I've seen some other wheels I like too, but don't know where to find them! Your help appreciated!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-31-2015 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:29 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Is this the 3rd or 4th wheel thread you have started trying to have other people find wheels for you, I would think with as old as you are you would know, only you can pick what you like.
You are starting to come off as a bit needy, maybe the government has a program to help you find some wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Mustang Factory Wheel??