The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Raced the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 AM
GT500OC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Raced the cops?

Keep it between 130-165+ for 3-5 minutes and then you get off the freeway. Unless they have a bird in the air right over you at the momoment, they have next to zero chance of catching up you, especially if you have a driver mod and you know the roads.

Trickis, get away in the first fve minutes or just pull over (never pulled over yet...)

Gotta have the car though...

GT500)C
Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangcat

ORIGINAL: TheStig

Just becuase your faster for a 1/4 mile doesnt mean you could get away. People can get away and have. But It usally catches up to them eventually. Like alot of people say, you still can outrun the radio.
Bingo. You might be the fastest thing on earth in a straight line, but these guys are trained to handle high speeds in curves and turns.

Plus!
1) Its a felony to run from the Police
2) If they P.I.T you, you can kiss your Mustang good-bye
Take that back haha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aT1WPNTNlXY
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Keep it between 130-165+ for 3-5 minutes
unless they have an apache or a cobra at 150+ that damn repainted news chopper aint gonna keep up with you, so anything over 150 you should be fine, if you dont wreck and die, in which case we all get to laugh an say what a ****ing idiot and then bid on the pieces of your car thats left, and get them cheap.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
s3cret_stang
2nd Gear Member

Not to promote running from the cops or anything, but the " You can't outrun the radio" thing doesn't really work. No you can't outrun a radio signal, but you can lose the cop with the radio before any other cops show up in which the radio is useless because he has no idea where you are.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Bigleman

Acully if a cop challenged you to a race he cant pull you over for it. That would be considerd entrapment and any reasonable judge in the country would dismiss the case as soon as they heard the cop started the race.
i hate to disagree with you on this, that example does not meet the definition of entrapment
"For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime"
Entrapment is where law enforcement forces you to do something you normally wouldn't do.
For Example:
You recieve an email from what appears to be your best friend with the subject "New Mustang Concept." But when you open it, it ends up being child **** that a government agency sent you and now you have black suits knocking on your front door.

You can get pulled if they start it. There is a brand new white GT with black racing stripes that is owned by the City of North Charleston. He's tried to get me to race him twice already.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: joshafmil

your an idiot if you race a cop... you know they can challenge you, then pull you over after you launch right?

i had one near base try to race me... and i just said no...
Acully if a cop challenged you to a race he cant pull you over for it. That would be considerd entrapment and any reasonable judge in the country would dismiss the case as soon as they heard the cop started the race.

ORIGINAL: mustangcat
2) If they P.I.T you, you can kiss your Mustang good-bye
not disargeeing with you, but watch very carfully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYYAuH1z-w

not quite, what do you think under cover hookers do? if you race a cop - your screwed and you best let him win
Old 10-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Bigleman

that's still not really a good example, they have to wait for the subject in question to offer money for sex
Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Cops can do whatever they want, especially if the situation involves your word against his/hers,,,, no matter the context of the situation.

Once we learn this, we become more attuned to the law and the real authority behind it.

IMO running from the cops is just plain dumb, get caught doing this and you have exchanged a pricey traffic ticket for a felony, legal fees,and a jail cell..... not worth the risk in my book.

(this would be one hell of a time for a flat tire......)
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I do some maintenence work on the county cars in my shop. A few guys have expressed an interest in both "going for a GOOD ride" and "run it with the Hemi". They got 1 Charger, but arent really thrilled with it overall. I tell em, the Charger is nothing more than a snack. So far the opportunity has not come around when both cars are here and I have the chance to get away from the shop. It'll happen sometime though. You all will know when.

When comparing a cop car to anything else, dont forget, they all carry at LEAST 200lbs of equipment, making them a bit slower than normal known et's for those cars.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Like I said in another thread, my friends older brother was coming back from the track with me in the front seat of his notch. The car just left the track and ran an 11.2 on DR so it moved. We were driving on the New Jersey turnpike by the Newark airport which is pretty much a straight shot for a few miles. We saw the blue and red in the rearview and he turned off his lights and punched it. Not the smartest move in the world but the highway was empty and we were doing about 90-100 when the cop threw his lights on. He just went, I looked over and his speedo read like 150 and still climbing deep into 5th gear. I would never try this, but we got off the first exit and nothing ever came of it. The best part is I now know the trooper that chased us and crack up everytime he tells the story of when that crazy fast mustang ran from him by the airport.

Quick Reply: Raced the cops?