The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Raced the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

Default Raced the cops?

Just wondering if anyone on here had any fuzz in their city cool enough to line up just for kicks????[8D] i know we've all wondered if Five-O could catch us if it came right down to it! Or have you maybe "gotten away" perhaps? [X(]
Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Raced the cops?

Crown Vic w/police package= high 14 sec car best. Charger copcar w/hemi= mid 13 seccar best. Don't try and outrun the charger unless u got serious power(F/I or full bolt-ons). Thecrownvic any new GT or bolt-on GT could walk. 6's shouldn't tryrunning anything period unless they r challenged, have f/i, or know what their racing(don't spread bad names for the GT guys).
Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Crown Vic w/police package= high 14 sec car best. Charger copcar w/hemi= mid 13 seccar best. Don't try and outrun the charger unless u got serious power(F/I or full bolt-ons). Thecrownvic any new GT or bolt-on GT could walk. 6's shouldn't tryrunning anything period unless they r challenged, have f/i, or know what their racing(don't spread bad names for the GT guys).
Theres a few cops around here that have a bit more than 13 second chargers. And the FHP had alot of LS1 & LT1 Camaros that would run 13s easily. Some LS1s could possibly do 12s, you would have to see what exsactly they have.

Alot of the Police cars I see now are accully just V6s with a chip or tune. 4-dr Ford focus's and dodge intrepids seem to be the most popular two. Both of which are 16 second cars, probly run mid 15s with their tune. But keep in mind they are all automatics too.

Just becuase your faster for a 1/4 mile doesnt mean you could get away. People can get away and have. But It usally catches up to them eventually. Like alot of people say, you still can outrun the radio.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

ORIGINAL: TheStig

Just becuase your faster for a 1/4 mile doesnt mean you could get away. People can get away and have. But It usally catches up to them eventually. Like alot of people say, you still can outrun the radio.
Bingo. You might be the fastest thing on earth in a straight line, but these guys are trained to handle high speeds in curves and turns.

Plus!
1) Its a felony to run from the Police
2) If they P.I.T you, you can kiss your Mustang good-bye
Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

lol...yeah ive always wanted to pit someone for the hell of it ya know! but guys.....my Q hasnt been answered. i know its illegal and all that....but so id street racing right??? lol but nearly everyone on here does it. so all that aside......anyone raced the five-o for kicks? had any cops in your area show up at the track, or got any relative cops that wanna line up? my best freinds om and dad were state troopers with corwn vics, but they were tight wads and wouldnt line up wth me.(still cool ppl though) lol o well.....
Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
s3cret_stang
2nd Gear Member

Uhh well one of the dumbest things I have ever done in my life is leave my friends house with a pretty good buzz, start messing around with a camaro on RT 1n9(walked..him from 40mph), and then dip on a cop when I saw red and blue lights in my rear view. I am not going to say it is something smart to do..but it really isn't that hard...atleast not in a city anyway. Shut off your lights and make a few turns through a residential area, find a nice dark spot once you lost him and park it for a while. Oh and that only really works if he was never close enough to see your licensce plate because then either way you are screwed.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

your an idiot if you race a cop... you know they can challenge you, then pull you over after you launch right?

i had one near base try to race me... and i just said no...

if you try to run your also pritty stupid... cops have things faster then your car... its called radio.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
orions_knight
2nd Gear Member

PPL WE KNOW THAT COPS HAVE RADIOS. why is everyone responding like i asked if anyone enjoyed running from cops and trying to get away??? yes they can challenge then pull you over....BUT...i wanted know if maybe your dad or your uncle was a cop if they would run. now im sure they wouldnt pull you over, but you would get a good run from a cop. its just a fun topic ppl, chill out. its not that serious.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joshafmil

your an idiot if you race a cop... you know they can challenge you, then pull you over after you launch right?

i had one near base try to race me... and i just said no...
Acully if a cop challenged you to a race he cant pull you over for it. That would be considerd entrapment and any reasonable judge in the country would dismiss the case as soon as they heard the cop started the race.

ORIGINAL: mustangcat
2) If they P.I.T you, you can kiss your Mustang good-bye
not disargeeing with you, but watch very carfully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYYAuH1z-w

Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

i didnt watch the vid, but is it the one where the mustang keeps getting pitted but doesnt stop going.

Quick Reply: Raced the cops?