The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Can I beat a MazdaSpeed 6?

Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

13.8 does seem a little slow. Hell, I ran a 13.66 up at 4400'
Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grampa_stang
13.8 does seem a little slow. Hell, I ran a 13.66 up at 4400'
I ran a 13.8 with an 87 tune, CAI, and the exhaust. My problem then was I had 30 sidewall tire. I broke loos in 3rd on some runs so It was bad. My best 60' then was a 2.1...but my R/T's are consistantly .001-.010

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
U should be able to. If it really frustrates you get a Zex kit and a 75 - 100 shot and u definitely will. Plus yours looks a lot nicer and has hell of a lot more personality.
Thank you very much. I love your underhood detail and thats next on the list since I just did my first show last weekend.

Originally Posted by SlideWRX
his car may, with the AWD launch, but can he? I drove a WRX for six years, and for as much trash talk about quarter mile times as there was on subaru forums, most couldn't/wouldn't launch & shift the car to get close to what the magazines or the good drivers can get. 'Course, it's that way with every car...

If you are doing this at the track, go there on a day before and practice. I ran a 13.9 at 103 with just an intake/tune; you should be a lot faster than 13.8 with 4.10's and the exhaust added on.
His car is an AWD....but he is always saying how he cannot launch it well at all. I am not too worried about tonight. He is gonna go out an order a bunch of **** anyways after he realizes that its not what he thinks it is. He says he timed it with a 1/4 mile timer app thing on his iPhone and it said a 13.2....I laughed.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Originally Posted by kpaulhus
I ran a 13.8 with an 87 tune, CAI, and the exhaust. My problem then was I had 30 sidewall tire. I broke loos in 3rd on some runs so It was bad. My best 60' then was a 2.1...but my R/T's are consistantly .001-.010

Thank you very much. I love your underhood detail and thats next on the list since I just did my first show last weekend.

His car is an AWD....but he is always saying how he cannot launch it well at all. I am not too worried about tonight. He is gonna go out an order a bunch of **** anyways after he realizes that its not what he thinks it is. He says he timed it with a 1/4 mile timer app thing on his iPhone and it said a 13.2....I laughed.
Wow...
Tell him your car ran 8.2 with the Paul 1/4 timer.

He'll be one of the people in the middle of 14's, don't be worried unless he's a hustler.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

The iPhone 1/4 mile app is crap lol, I got it and used it...3 consecutive runs and I got 17.4, then 12.8 then 15.9. I guess it was the difference between using over drive or not
But I think you will win for sure, I have raced a few Mazda6's and totally won with my mods...and you have 2 extra cylinders lol...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

nice! I had a Vista Blue V6 with a CAI and tune but I sold it to my lil brother. My best run in that was a 14.4 if I remember correctly.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

RACE IT AND FIND OUT
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

that's was very nice of you. It's makes for an amazing firts car, I LOVE it.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
RACE IT AND FIND OUT
+1 you win you loose who really cares???? you said he will be buying mods if he looses lol does that mean you will be buying mods if you loose? Not a good reason to buy mods IMO.

Its just a pissing contest nobody will ever win. Even if the guy put 11 bus lengths on you at the end of the day he drives away in a Mazda that looks like all hell and you leave in your sweet looking stang.

In order for people to brag bout how fast there car is I think it has to be a nice *** car to cause then its just lame when some guy has a volkswagen beetle he paid $300 for and a monster engine in it and runs 9's but its brown with purple doors or like the guy who has the done up stang to the **** on exterior and its a bone stock 6 banger under the hood. 2 each there own.

I think your looking good on both ends bro, have some nice power and the looks to go with it. Just go park your car beside his step back a good 20 yards, then go up and start it and step back again and then think to your self why did I even bother talking car **** with this guy. Look at my car and look at his.(picture that) you side by side, revving your car and him doing the same lmmfao if there is anyway he still think his car is cool after that , have him committed.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

There is only one way to really find out.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

But to boost your confidence read this cut out fro an article I had.:

Most Recent Mazda Mazdaspeed 6

Compared to boy racer mods made to cars like the Subaru WRX STI or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, the styling tweaks made to the Mazdaspeed 6 are subtle. There are no hood scoops or rear wings the size of mom's ironing board. In fact, its trunk lid spoiler is noticeably smaller than the regular Mazda 6's wing. The most noticeable transformations were made to the front fascia to accommodate a bigger airdam and a taller hood needed for the turbo's intercooler. Fifteen-spoke 18-inch wheels and larger dual tailpipes round out the visual spice.

The biggest changes are found under the hood, where a turbocharged and direct-injected version of Mazda's 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine pumps out an impressive 274 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. Zero to 60 mph goes by in 6.1 seconds, with the quarter-mile achieved in 14.3 seconds. Though the regular 6 is front-wheel drive, the Mazdaspeed version gets an exclusive all-wheel-drive system to prevent torque steer and improve handling. It automatically varies the power split between 100 percent to the front wheels and a 50/50 front/rear ratio, depending on factors such as traction, steering angle and yaw. The driver can also select Normal, Sports and Snow modes for optimized traction. A limited-slip rear differential borrowed from the Mazda RX-8 rounds out the handling modifications.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can I beat a MazdaSpeed 6?