The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles

Old 04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

That was me you were racing
Attached Thumbnails S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles-fat_guy_on_moped-12288.jpg  
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
When I was stock I ran next to a bike that was dead even with me until about 110 I slowly started to walk away from him.
I don't normally post in this forum, but feel the need in this case. The guy you raced up to 110 probably had more common sense than you and decided to let you kill yourself. Even my slow buell would whoop your nearly stock gt. If you were racing a ninja 250, then I could see you pulling away after 100 because that is about as fast as that bike will go. I would not be to proud of yourself for that kill.

My xb9 tops out around 130ish, so if you have enough time and road, then you could probably beat me. You da man!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
the bike in my video ran an 11.7 to my 11.4
but what did it trap? I bet higher than you and in a roll race it would be the bike all the way.

The OP was not launching from a dig.

You still won Mike, but on the street, that bike would walk away from you pretty easily and run away from the OP's car.

The bikes in that link, running 14's and 15's, have very little horse power and even less torque. Drag does not hurt bikes more than our bricks, lol!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

+1 i don't doubt the bike would walk all over me or the OP's car for one bit haha i was just saying bikes dont ALWAYS win the race. but in a roll race, i'll be my money on the bike in any case

bike trapped at 120.70 with a 1.949 60', 7.68 1/8th mile and a 9.8 1000
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Yeah.. I think the point is that the OP doesn't know what bikes he ran and there are some slow ones out there so I don't know why some of you guys insist on calling BS.. whatever...
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
Yeah.. I think the point is that the OP doesn't know what bikes he ran and there are some slow ones out there so I don't know why some of you guys insist on calling BS.. whatever...
I'm not calling BS, just calling big deal. If I beat a ninja 250, it would be the equivalent of beating a honda civic.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Well I guess I raced a bunch of Honda Civic equivilant bikes lol. And if any of them were just messing with me... I don't see what would be the point of that if they are going to stay close to me and then start to fall behind... When I mess with lesser cars, I stay next to them and get ahead of them then slow back down to them then pass them again... Or just stay next to them and then pass them whenever I feel like it. I wouldn't mess with someone and appear to lose that would be pointless.

And the question of am I sure they were racing... I'm pretty sure when we were both at 70 and then all of a sudden we're bothing doing 100+ Very few people just cruise around at 100+ Aside from that fact... most motorcylces are pretty noisy and I could hear all of them getting on it. One of the ones I started behind it seemed like he was hitting his redline or something cuz he would be going then I would see smoke come out the back and then nothing and then smoke again(it was similar to how you see your breathe or exhaust fumes in cold air, but it wasn't cold outside). The whole time I was gaining on him. Maybe his **** was broke? *shrugs*

I don't really know, don't really care. I know just about 0 about bikes. But I do know I beat those ones mentioned here. I've also been beaten pretty badly by some bikes. I've been beaten by a lot of stuff lol In my OP I even stated one of the losses. If I was just here to spread BS I wouldn't have bothered saying I lost and I would claim to win all of those races.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

No one's calling BS here I don't think... just saying that you didn't race a real sportbike. :-)
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

lol, I guess that depends on your definition of sports bike lol Cuz on Kawasaki's website they list some 250's as sports bikes ;-) The REALLY badass bikes are listed as SUPER Sport :-) And I think I did race a Supersport bike... it was the one that went flying by me lol
Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Yeah.. this whole discussion makes me think of someone saying, Hey, I raced and beat a new Mustang today.. i don't know what kind though.. and everyone else is like bleh bleh it wasn't a real mustang you are too slow to beat my GT500 or even a GT. point is that we all know it was a slow/stock mustang but people want to point out the types that you wouldn't have beat. (feel free to insert a car that would beat a v6 mustang but not a GT.. i know there are tons)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles